Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : August 30th 2014 Contents A60
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Saturday, August 30, 2014
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTHAUTHORITY
1.The North-Central Regional Health Authority has authorized tendering for the following:
Name of Tender
Date for Site Visit
25 - 08/2014
Request for Proposal for the Supply
and Installation of a New Perimeter
Fence at the Caura Hospital
2014 at 2:00 pm
All other information is
included in the Tender
26 -- 08/2014
Request for Proposal for Design and
Consultancy Services for the Upgrade
September 2014 at
of the Wastewater Treatment Plant at
Eric Williams Medical Sciences
All other information is
included in the Tender
and now invites interested firms having representation and service facilities in Trinidad and Tobago to submit their proposals.
2. Site Visit for the:
i. Request for Proposal for the Supply and Installation of a New Perimeter Fence at the Caura Hospital is
scheduled for Wednesday 10th September, 2014. All other information is included in the Tender Document.
ii. Request for Proposal for Design and Consultancy Services for the Upgrade of the Wastewater Treatment
Plant at Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex is scheduled for Thursday 11th September, 2014. Bid
documents would NOT be available after 9:30 on the date of the official site visit. All other information is included
in the Tender Document.
3. Tender Documents may be perused at Third Floor, Room 306, Building #39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, and are
available between the hours of 8:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm, but may be taken away upon payment of a non-refundable
fee of Three Hundred Dollars (TT$300.00) by cash or certified cheque to the North Central Regional Health Authority, payable at
the cashier Building #39, Second Floor, North-Central Regional Health Authority. The receipt must be attached to the Tender upon
4. All requests for information and /or clarification shall be addressed to:
The Chairman of the Tenders Committee
c/o Tenders Department
North Central Regional Health Authority
Third Floor, Room 306
Building 39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Uriah Butler Highway, Champs Fleurs
Tel: (868) 645-2640 ext: 5077
Fax: (868) 645-2640 ext. 5077
5 .Tenderers are required to fully complete and return the Tender Form together with the Tender.
6. Tenders must remain valid for a period of at least one hundred and eighty (180) days (6 months) from the closing date of the Tender
and must be accompanied by the following mandatory documents:
• Valid Income Tax Certificate;
• Valid VAT Clearance Certificate;
• Valid NIB Clearance Certificate;
• Certificate of Incorporation/ Certificate of Continuance;
• 2% Bid Security in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified/manger's cheque from a Bank; (Bid Securities from any other
Financial Institutions will NOT be considered).
Tenderers must also include the following:
•The Price Schedule which must include the Delivery Schedule;
•Documentary evidence that the Tenderer is eligible and is qualified to perform the Contract in accordance with the general
conditions if its Tender is accepted;
•Two (2) Recent References of Completed Similar Services;
•Audited and Certified Financial Statements for the past three years;
•Qualification Questionnaire with all attachments;
•Tenderers must also provide a copy of NCRHA's Receipt for the procurement of Tender Document;
7. All alterations or erasures in the Tender must be initialled by the person submitting the Tender or in the case of a business entity, a
duly authorised officer thereof.
8. The Bid Security of two percent (2%) of the value tendered (VAT Inclusive) shall be included with the Bid. Such Security shall be in
the form of a bank guarantee or a certified cheque.
9. The ORIGINAL AND COPIES OF THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL TENDER SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS must be placed in sealed
envelopes addressed to:
THE CHAIRMAN OF THE TENDERS COMMITTEE
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
BUILDING 39, ERIC WILLIAMS MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX
URIAH BUTLER HIGHWAY, CHAMPS FLEURS
And clearly marked:
Tender -- indicate the Tender you are submitting as stated below
i. Request for Proposal for the Supply and Installation of a New Perimeter Fence at the Caura Hospital
ii. Request for Proposal for Design and Consultancy Services for the Upgrade of the Wastewater Treatment Plant at Eric
Williams Medical Sciences Complex
10. The envelope must be deposited in the Tender Box at the Tenders Department, at the above address no later than 2:00 pm on
Monday 29th September, 2014. Tenderers will be required to sign a form indicating the date and time of deposit of the Tender before
the deposit of the envelope in the Tender Box.
11. Tenders will be opened publicly at 2:15 pm on the same day in a meeting room on the NCRHA's premises. The Tenderer or his rep
resentative may choose to be present at the opening.
12. The Authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any other Tender.
13. The successful Tenderer would be required to furnish a Performance Bond of not less than ten percent (10%) of the contract price
within fourteen (14) days of receiving the letter of award.
14. Late Tenders will not be considered.
15. Failure to comply with any of these instructions may result in the Tender not being considered.
16. The Authority reserves the right to cancel the present Tender in its entirety or partially, without defraying any cost incurred by any firm
in submitting its Tender.
Middle-distance specialist Curtis Brereton,
also known as "Half a Soldier," enjoyed his best-
ever series of performances at the recently con-
cluded North, Central America and Caribbean
(NACAC) Masters Championships, in San Jose,
Costa Rica, leaving with two gold medals and
one silver in the pentathlon and the middle dis-
The biennial event featured athletes over-30
from around the region, with dozens of T&T ath-
letes featuring this year. Brereton was among the
top performers winning a gold in the 50-54 age
division 800m and the pentathlon, while he fin-
ished runner-up in the 1,500m.
Brereton, a 53-year-old, who trains with Air
Bon Sonics under coach Albert King, holds the
national 800m masters record of 2:05.24 and has
competed in the regional masters event a total
of eight times since 2000. He won his only other
gold medal in his first appearance in the men s
40-44 age division, in the 800m distance in
Mexico. He now holds two silver medals and 12
Running in the 800m, he finished ahead of the
pack in 2:19.86, ahead of Panama s Luis Reyna,
who finished just under five seconds behind. In
the pentathlon, Brereton was made to compete
in five different disciplines. Some of the field
events were not as comfortable for his, but he
made up in the track events, where he amassed
enough points to win gold. His scoresheet read:
18.45m in the discus, 3.96m in the long jump,
27.48m in the javelin, 28.16 seconds in the 200m
and 5:13.60 in the 1,500m, for a total of 2,273
points, 14 more than Mexico s Luis Manuel Segu-
ra.Then, in the 1,500m final, Brereton finished
runner-up in an impressive 4:57.64, behind Pana-
ma s Guillermo Ramirez, who won in 4:53.95.
Brereton, a resident of River Estate, Diego Mar-
tin, said he felt even more pleased with his suc-
cesses given that he had only competed four pre-
vious times for the year. He gave credit to his
sponsors Natasha Long, Pancho s Snackette; man-
ager Hayden Boyce; Sean Clement; his training
partner Susan Garcia; and his wife Meredith.
Brereton has been an employee of Guardian
Media Ltd for over 25 years.
seals 2 gold,
1 silver at
T&T runner Curtis Brereton, left, in action in the
men's 50-54 age division 800m final at the NACAC
Masters Championships, in Costa Rica. Brereton
claimed gold in the race as well as in the pentathlon.
He also won silver in the 1,500m.
Links Archive August 29th 2014 August 31st 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page