Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 5th 2014 Contents Friday, September 5, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
43. No. of biscuits for 2 cups of flour =
Answer: 90 biscuits
Answer: 288 square cm
45. Cost for admission for 7 people =
Cost of lunch for 9 people =
9 x $19.50 = $175.50
Total cost =
$84 + $175.50 = $259.50
46. a. Answer: an acute angle
b. x = 180 degrees - (45 degrees
+ 50 degrees) = 85 degrees
Answer: 85 degrees
1. (a) Hurry up! You might miss
the (b) early bus. (a) Interjec-
tion (b) Adjective
2. (a) If you agree (b) this, we can
make a final decision. (a) Con-
junction (b) Pronoun
3. (a) This hibiscus flower is the
(b) most beautiful one that I've
ever seen. (a) Adjective (b) Ad-
4. Andre received (a) German
Shepherd for his (b) fifth birth-
day. (a) Noun (b) Adjective
5. This exam is (was) so easy.
6. The children are (were) in the
7. Pauline is (was) a member of
8. Marcus and his brother are
(were) playing football.
9. The players were puzzled (by ;
with) the coach's decision to call
of the match.
10. It was most difficult for Chelsea
to part (from ; with) her teddy
11. We can always depend (on ; for)
Jimmy to help us.
12. Katie seems to be jealous
(about ; of) her smaller sister.
13. The garbage can isn't full.
14. Cindy and her brother aren't in
15. That incident isn't true.
16. The vendor put the (potatoes)
potato into a plastic bag.
17. Mummy gave a (tablespoon-
fuls) tablespoonful of the
cough syrup to Debbie.
18. The (geese) goose was swim-
ming in the pond.
19. Mr. Joseph used his (shears)
shears to cut the piece of wire.
20. We like David for his pleasant
personality but not his careless-
ness. (not for his..) -- to indicate
the reason, as in the first part.
21. Did you find the pair of scissors
that were in the drawer?
(was) -- one pair.
22. Although they run as fast as
they could, they were still
soaked by the sudden shower.
(ran) -- the action was com-
31. Lucy's mother took her
to the Independence
Parade on Sunday.
32.Ladies' handbags are
on sale at all
branches of Bagworld.
33. The children's
lunchbags are on
34.The driver parked
his employer's car in
35.Our town's post office
is situated on Main
36. Our pledge asks us to render
service to God and our country.
37. We must show respect to our
parents, teachers, leaders, elders
and those in authority.
38. Line 11, "Of every creed and
race," suggests that there are
people of different religious be-
liefs living in my country.
39. The word "honour" means re-
40. The line, "To work together with
my fellowmen," suggests that
we should strive for unity
among the different groups of
people living in our country.
41. A budget is a plan showing how
money is received and how it is
42. Money received by the govern-
ment is called revenue or in-
43. The payment of salaries and
other recurrent expenditures
take up most of government
44. A budget with a favourable bal-
ance on spending means that
revenue or income is more than
expenditure and government
has a saving.
45. The Minister of Finance is most
likely responsible for the prepa-
ration of the national budget.
46. Police is presently leading the
47. Three (3) points are most likely
awarded to a team winning a
48. Police has not yet lost a match
in the tournament.
49. If New Millinium wins and
CFMA loses the remaining
match New Millinium would
most likely occupy third place.
50. CFMA would most likely be at
the bottom of the standing.
• Having a
good study routine
and adequate prepa-
ration are essential
factors in becoming
confident for exams.
Nothing can replace being
• Ensure a balanced
lifestyle with leisure
activities built into your
• Make sure you get
adequate sleep and eat well.
• Think positively and
avoid negative thoughts.
• Introduce relaxation
exercises into your daily
How to become confident
Links Archive September 4th 2014 September 6th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page