Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 6th 2014 Contents A34
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Saturday, September 6, 2014
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER, FINANCE
The Procurement Manager manages the procurement department, ensuring that all purchases comply with established
policy procedures and regulation, and that purchases are in accordance with prescribed specifications.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Guides and advises the Corporation in the development of Terms of Reference documents for the supply of goods
• Manages the preparation, compilation and dispatching of Tender Packages, Requests for Proposals, Expressions of
Interest and Pre-Qualification Documentation together with all pertinent correspondence for approval by all stake
• Manages the review of Tender submissions prior to submission of same for evaluation via pre-contract studies;
compares prices, delivery dates and specifications to assist in the rewarding of contracts
• Prepares Evaluation Reports for approval and signature by Tenders Evaluation Committees/Managing Director to
facilitate contract awards
• Assists in monitoring contracts throughout the procurement cycle; produces end of contract reviews and submits
contract completion report once project requirements have been met
• Verifies and submits Contracts and Consultant Fee payments to the Payments Supervisor, in keeping with contracted
• Ensures that proposals and contracts are adequately researched, prioritised, costed and evaluated and that
completed contracts result in the realisation of anticipated benefit
• Ensures, in co-operation with legal, internal audit and all relevant departments, that all purchasing activities,
processes and contracts comply with the relevant legislation and do not subject the business of TTPost as a whole
to undue or unacceptable risk
• Develops, maintains and shares up to date knowledge of purchasing-related market intelligence, including
opportunities/issues, trends, competitive positioning, value drivers, etc.
Ensures TT Post business units and customers are provided in a timely manner with the necessary items via the
Stores Unit to enable them to meet their business objectives
• Identification and management of opportunities for surplus equipment (Sale of assets to employees)
• Ensures that Procurement team members understand T&T Post's vision, goals and
strategies and are able to operationalise strategic plans into practical day to day activities
that will enable them to achieve their goals and that they pursue opportunities for up
skilling and development
• Develops positive, trusting working relationships with suppliers while maintaining the image and values of the
• Develops and controls procurement department filing system, record keeping system, as well as vendor records data
• Supervises assigned workforce, monitoring, appraising, motivating and disciplining as required
• Ensures that Human Resources policies and practices, and in particular good industrial relations practices, compliant
with the collective bargaining process/agreement are followed
• First Degree in Supply Chain & Logistics OR
• Full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) certification
• Masters in Supply Chain & Logistics would be an asset
• Five (5) years similar experience in a medium-large scale Public Sector organization
• Project management, planning and scheduling experience
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 10 September, 2014
Please note that unsuitable and late applications will not be acknowledged.
Applications should be addressed to: -
General Manager, Human Resources (Ag.)
Human Resource Division
Trinidad and Tobago Postal Corporation
National Mail Centre
240-250 Golden Grove Road
Trinidad and Tobago or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Having an event you want included?
Send it to: What's On
By post: 22--24 St Vincent Street,
Hatha yoga and meditation classes by yoga Guru
Subash Jahorie from September 8.
More info: 657-2087, 678-3023.
Venue: Esperance Regional Complex in San Fernando.
Learn to speak patois, Level 1.
Registration until September 9.
More info: 663-9509.
Venue: Workingwomen Centre, 14 Niles Street,
Women in Art Organisation of T&T hosts 17th annual
art exhibition; September 9--20.
Venue: The Gallery, Fine Art Limited, cnr Rosalino and
Warren streets, Woodbrook. Time: 6.30 pm.
Candle Making Classes from September 13.
More info: 657-2087, 678-3023.
Venue: St Madeleine Regional Complex
San Fernando branch of the Government Pensioners
Venue: Harewood Dolly Halls, Harris Promenade, San
Time: 2 pm.
Lupus Society meeting
Venue: Nurses Quarters, Port-of-Spain, General
Hospital. Time: 3.30 pm.
Trini Revellers launches The Jammette Band.
Venue: Lions Civic Centre, Port-of-Spain.
Time: 5 pm.
Jackie Hinkson's Plain to See
art exhibition formal opening.
Venue: Mark N Pereira Studio, 84 Woodford Street,
Time: 5 pm.
x-Treme Promotions holds Back in Love Again, music
by DJs Curtis, Sensational Noel, Special Delivery and
Venue: De Nu Pub (The Mas Camp), Woodbrook.
Time: 9 pm.
Alisha Wallace and birdsong Steel Orch hold second
annual Iz Forward We Goin' boat cruise.
Venue: Coral Vision, Water Taxi Pier (behind Breakfast
Shed), Wrightson Road, Port-of-Spain.
Time: 11 pm.
Globe-athon to End Women's Cancers community
walk in Woodbrook.
More info: 620-4305. Register online at
Venue: Pillars of Harmony, 80 Ariapita Avenue, Port-of-
Time: 9 am.
Trinidad All Star Association monthly meeting. More
Venue: Panyard, 63 Duke Street, Port-of-Spain.
Time: 11 am.
Soroptimist International San Fernando
fund-raising luncheon & entertainment.
Venue: Petrotrin Pointe-a-Pierre Club, San Fernando.
Time: 11.30 am.
Arima branch of the Government Pensioners
Association hold branch meeting.
Venue: Arima Town Hall, Arima.
Time: 4 pm.
Western Pearls T&T Association of
Responsible Persons monthly meeting.
Venue: Diego Martin central community
centre, Wendy Fitzwilliam Boulevard.
Time: 3 pm.
Renaissance Concert in aid of restoration
work on St Jude Anglican Church,
More info: 667-3656
Venue: Arima West Government Primary
Time: 4 pm.
Voces Jovenes (Young Voices) presents
third annual Start De Parang feat top parang
bands, Los Alumnos de San Juan, La Familia
de Rio Claro and many others.
More info: 366-3552/737-5698.
Venue: Lion's Civic Centre, Port-of-Spain.
Time: 5.30 pm.
The Best DJ Party,
music by DJs Howie Tee, Kabuki,
Sir Charles, Richard Simply Smooth,
Chris Boynes, Darryl, Dangerous Robin
Venue: UWI, St Augustine.
Time: 10 pm.
The Trinidad Hotels, Restaurants and
Tourism Association (THRTA)
Gala Awards Dinner and Dance.
Venue: Hyatt Regency Trinidad,
Wrightson Road, Port-of-Spain.
Time: 6 pm.
Lions Club of Port-of-Spain
Dining with the Stars 6.
Venue: Lions Cultural Centre,
Fitzblackman Drive, Port-of-Spain.
Time: 7 pm.
Natural Hair Health &
Beauty Expo 2014.
Venue: Radisson, Wrightson Road,
Time: 10 am.
Natural Hair Health & Beauty Expo 2014.
Venue: Rovanel's Resort, Store Bay, Tobago.
Time: 10 am.
Links Archive September 5th 2014 September 7th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page