Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 21st 2014 Contents SBG10 STOCKS
SUNDAY BUSINESS GUARDIAN www.guardian.co.tt SEPTEMBER 21 • 2014
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO STOCK EXCHANGE TRADING SUMMARY
WEEKLY BULLETIN FOR WEEK ENDED SEPTEMBER 19, 2014
173 755,204 10,426,262.89
24 127,605 2,807,310.00
MARKET ACTIVITY FOR WEEK ENDED SEPT 19, 2014
Amount Ex-div date Record date Payment Date
$0.78 (I) 10.09.14
$0.27 (I) 08.09.14
$0.15 (I) 29.09.14
$0.40 (I) 10.09.14
$0.45 (I) 22.09.14
$0.18 (I) 22.10.14
4.00 % (I) 22.10.14
$0.30 (I) 22.10.14
Dividends of ross- isted o p nies re uoted in t eir n tion urren ies
DIVIDEND/CAPITAL DISTRIBUTION PAYMENTS
Value Weekly % YTD %
Co posite Index
1,146.32 (0.01) (3.27)
A & Index
1,979.88 (0) 0.69
Cross Listed Index
40.94 (0.10) (17.18)
M rket C pit is tion109,176,227,802 (0.01) (4.23)
MARKET INDICES AS AT SEPT 19, 2014
FirstCaribbean International Bank Ltd: 19.09.14
FirstCaribbean International Bank Ltd (FCI) informed the stock
exchange that Mr Richard Nesbitt, a director of FCIB, has resigned from
the board effective September 12, 2014. FCIB will advise of Mr Nesbitt's
replacement immediately following the board of director's meeting in
Additionally, FCIB advised that Mr Ben Douangprachanh was appointed
as chief auditor of FCIB effective June 12, 2014, and that Mrs Patricia
Rowe-Seale, who filled the position in an acting capacity, has reverted to
her substantive role as audit portfolio director.
GraceKennedy Ltd: 15.09.14
GraceKennedy Ltd has informed the stock exchange that the company
repurchased 7,923 stock units on the following dates under the
GraceKennedy Repurchase Programme:
• August 29, 2014;
• September 1, 2014
• September 8, 2014.
GraceKennedy Ltd: 15.09.14
GraceKennedy Ltd has informed the stock exchange of the GraceKennedy
Group acquisition of an additional 50 per cent of the shares in St Lucian
EC Global Insurance Company Ltd (EC Global), bringing its shareholdings to
80 per cent. The group first acquired its 30 per cent
shareholding in EC Global in 2004.
EC Global is a licensed general insurance company in St
Lucia, previously owned jointly by GraceKennedy Financial
Group Ltd (GKFG) and Eastern Caribbean Financial
Holdings Ltd (ECFH). The additional 50 per cent
shareholding acquired from ECFH brings GKFG's holdings
to 80 per cent. ECFH will retain the remaining 20 per cent
and remain a partner in the business.
Group CEO, Don Wehby, stated they have been very
strategic in how they go about achieving their vision, and
are happy with the strides they are making and the pace
at which they are going. He further states they have
enjoyed a mutually beneficial collaboration with
ECFH over the years, and know that this will
continue as they move forward in this new capacity.
This is the second acquisition for the company
since the start of the year. In July, GraceKennedy
entered into an agreement to purchase the operating
assets and business of La Fe Foods Inc, including its
brand. The company stated that the integration of La
Fe, the top Hispanic Brand in the frozen food
category in Northeast USA, has been going well.
Decline in value
of shares traded
The local market saw a decline in trading volumes and a
weekly advance to decline ratio of 6:8 this week. The First
Tier Market saw 755,204 shares traded this week, a decline
of 18.02 per cent from the 921,197 shares traded last week.
The value of shares traded fell 2.74 per cent from
$10,719,866.54 to $10,426,262.89. The volume leader was
Sagicor Financial Corporation (SFC) with 23.10 per cent of
the market or 174,459 shares.
In terms of Indices movement this week, both the Composite
Index and the Cross Listed Index closed in negative territory.
The Composite Index slipped 0.01 per cent or 0.16 points
to 1,146.32 and the Cross Listed Index was down 0.10 per
cent or 0.04 points to 40.94. There was no change in the
All T&T Index.
One Caribbean Media Ltd (OCM) was the major advance,
up 1.36 per cent or $0.34 to close at $25.35 and the major
decline was Plipdeco down 4.29 per cent or $0.18 to $4.02.
There was no activity on the Second Tier Market this
week. On the TTD Mutual Fund Market, 127,605 Clico Invest-
ment Fund (CIF) units traded with a value of $2,807,310.00.
CIF s price remained unchanged at $22.00.
In Jamaica, the JSE Market Index declined 438.05 points
or 0.61 per cent this week to close at 72,387.35. Trading
activity resulted in 19,809,723 shares traded valued at
J$205,782,244.12. The volume leader this week was LIME
with 30.18 per cent of the market or 5,979,294 shares traded.
The major advance was Supreme Ventures Ltd (SVL), up 8.33
per cent or J$0.15 to J$1.95 and the major decline was Mayberry
Investments Ltd (MIL), down 11.76 per cent or J$0.20 to
Links Archive September 20th 2014 September 22nd 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page