Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 17th 2014 Contents A8
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, December 17, 2014
TAKE NOTICE that an Action has been filed in the High Court of Justice bearing No. CV
2014-04691 between NUTRIMIX FEEDS LIMITED as Claimant against DR LINDA TUCK
as Defendant Claiming that the Defendant had removed/stolen certain chattels and
things belonging to the company's house at #22 Salacca Drive, Roystonia, Couva on
Saturday 8th November, 2014 and was taken to No. 46B Real Spring Avenue, Valsayn
Park, South Valsayn. Please note that claim No. CV 2014-04436 was for $1,039,159.30
and this claim is for $105,267.45 after depreciation. Truck Nos. TCF 6534 - TCP 1704
were used to transport same.
Government has no intention to dip into
the Heritage and Stabilisation Fund (HSF)
at this stage and might only look to this as
a last resort if it has to address a particular
situation, Finance Minister Larry Howai
He was speaking to reporters at Parliament
yesterday after hints by the Prime Minister
that withdrawals from the HSF might be
necessary if the declining oil price situation
does not improve soon.
She also said the Government might have
to revise the 2015 budget. OWTU head Ancel
Roget, however, has urged Government not
to use the HSF "rainy day" fund which is
currently US$5.5 billion
Asked about it by the T&T Guardian yes-
terday Howai, back from overseas, however,
said at this stage Government didn t need
to dip into the HSF.
He added: "I still have to pull the date
together and we will continue to monitor
the situation to see where the numbers end
up. Some of this element of decline may be
temporary and some more long-term. As
things start to stabilise we will understand
where we will end up.
"However, we normally make adjustments
first and the HSF would be a last resort. It
is for only if you get to a particular situation
that you have to address and we are not any-
where near that at this stage."
He also said Government had to consider
that while it wanted to be careful about its
debt load, it had to be careful about how it
deferred projects which could become more
costly when they were done later on down
He said, for example, the Curepe Inter-
change would have cost much less if it was
built in 1981.
Howai made that comment in the context
of replying to questions about the Auditor
General s special audit which painted a damn-
ing picture of the special purposes state
enterprise, Sportt Company, which had been
set up in 2004 under the PNM to facilitate
the implementation of sport policy and which
remains in operation under the current Gov-
The Auditor General found a total of $411
million was spent from 2009 to 2013 on
sporting facilities meant to provide "sport
for all" but that purported goal has not been
Howai said he was in the process of looking
at the operations more closely since the report
had only been laid in Parliament last Wednes-
He said the issues mentioned had never
come to his ministry and he was not aware
of all the details. He said he was now trying
to get some of those details and defining
how to deal with it. He added that most of
the people had been changed since that time
He said he would meet with Sport officials
to discuss the issues and it would take time.
He said Government was not at the stage
of thinking of closing the Sportt Company
since he needed to see the responses from
all the divisions involved and get clarification
and "then see how we proceed from there."
Howai said some special purpose state
agencies worked well by and large and some
did have issues that arose from time-to-
Hearings of the trial of 12 men accused of
murdering former Xtra Foods chief executive
officer Vindra Naipaul-Coolman has been
adjourned to next year.
Although hearings in the Port-of-Spain Second
Criminal Court were due to take place up until
the start of the Judiciary s annual vacation on
Thursday, presiding Judge Malcom Holdip yes-
terday informed attorneys that the schedule would
have to be abandoned to accommodate a juror
who has university examinations this week.
Since the trial began in late March, prosecutors
have called 50 of the 74 witnesses that are expected
to testify in the trial.
The latest witness to give evidence was Insp
Suzette Martin, the police officer who mainly
interacted with the State s main witness Keon
Gloster during a two-month period in 2007, in
which he gave police a series of statements impli-
cating the accused men. He is yet to testify and
is expected to do so closer to the end of the trial.
Gloster, who was 17 at the time, is related to
several of the accused, who are all from Upper
La Puerta Avenue, Diego Martin.
Prosecutors are contending that Naipaul-Cool-
man was held captive in a house in the community
for one week after she was kidnapped from her
Chaguanas home on December 19, 2006, before
she was eventually killed an her body disposed
of.During her testimony on Monday, Martin denied
allegations that Gloster was beaten by police before
he decided to co-operate with them.
"First and foremost homicide officers don t
beat people," Martin said firmly as she responded
to an allegations that Gloster was repeatedly kicked
in the stomach by the police.
Besides the beating allegation, Martin was also
called upon to answer allegations that Gloster was
denied meals and his epilepsy medication during
his detention in police custody.
Defence attorneys will complete their cross-
examination of Martin when the trial resumes on
Our Lady Mary
Mother of the
to January 6
Dipping into HSF would
be last resort says Howai
Links Archive December 16th 2014 December 18th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page