Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : January 23rd 2015 Contents 40. Answer:
FREQUENCY TABLE SHOWING
NUMBER OF TICKETS SOLD
41. Mean =
42. Amount of water flowed in 1 min =
Amount of water flowed in 15 mins
Answer: 420 litres
43. Remove the difference =
Divide in half =
$2 299.00 divided by 2 = $1 149.50
Answer: $1 149.50
44. Ben's bank account had $780 in it.
He deposited a cheque for $1 250
and then withdrew $1 472. How
much money was left in his bank
45. Difference =
= $12 900
Answer: $12 900.00
1. Kelvin's brother (He) sometimes
plays tennis with David and me
2. Mrs. Martin (She) is in charge of
our library (it).
3. All of our dogs (They) love to eat
dog biscuits (them).
4. Charlene and I (We) will assist our
cousin (her) with her homework.
5. If you assist me, we will be able to
6. The match was exciting although
some of the key players were ab-
7. Wherever you are, we'll come and
8. The little baby (laid ; lay) on the
bed and was soon fast asleep.
9. The cleaner (sweeped ; swept)
the dust into a large dust pan.
10. The passengers have (taken ;
took) a maxi to travel home.
11. A wasp (stung ; stinged) the man
on his wrist.
12. For lunch, today, a dish of chicken
with rice and black eyed peas was
eaten by us.
13. After the ball was collected by the
player, it was shot by him into the
14. During the holidays, the Zoo and
the national museum in Port of
Spain were visited by the children.
15. The car has been sold by Daddy to
his best friend, Frank.
16. Either your sister or your brothers
is expected to attend the function.
(are) - to agree with "brothers"
17. This shirt costs around fifty dol-
lars. (about) - incorrect word.
18. One of the girls who is playing net-
ball is my cousin. (are) - to agree
19. The team scored less points than
were expected. (fewer) - used
with countable objects
20. The clerk told Ms Elsa that that
was a very busy week and so she
could not give her an appointment
until the following Friday.
21. Andy asked Ian whether he had
seen the new comedy show the
22. Mr Doman told his class that our
nation's watchwords are Discipline,
Production and Tolerance.
23. Our class teacher recommended
Ako for the school's award for
24. The old lady shuffled across the
25. Every year floods are responsible
for the loss of livestock, plants and
sometimes damages to many
houses in Trinidad & Tobago.
26. In many instances the actions of
people are to be blamed for the in-
cidence of floods.
27. "Who let the dog (loose, lose)?"
28. Angie's mother (learned, taught)
her how to mend her torn clothes.
29. Ato Boldon (passed, past) the
other sprinters very easily.
30. "A good joke will (lessen, lesson)
your stress," said our teacher.
31. Peter, as well as his
brother Steve, represents
our school in the sport
32.Raoul Pantin, one of
Trinidad & Tobago's
t , diedlast
33. Sita, Christine, Lee and
Michael are writing the
SEA examination this
34.Our neighbour's dog
crawled under the
fence, entered our
backyard, dug a hole
and buried his bone.
35. During Easter vacation
travel to Tobago,
Grenada, Barbados or
St Lucia for holidays.
36. February is most likely a rainy
month. ("dripping February")
37. (i). desolate (Line 1) - gloomy;
(ii). scorched (Line 9) - dry;
parched; seared; baked; arid
(iii). disrobe (Line 15) - undress;
unclothe; uncover; bare
38. The days are most likely hot during
the month of July. ("scorched
39. November would most likely have
short days (because the nights
40. "The Weather during the Year," is
a suitable title for the poem.
41. The ozone level in the Amazon is
higher during the dry season.
42. Rain is rare, the days are sunny,
low humidity, dry watering holes
and rivers and bushfires are the
things which characterize (mark
out) the dry season.
43. The Amazon is situated in Brazil (a
very large country located in South
44. The phrase "forced to migrate"
most likely means compelled
(bound, must or have) to leave and
go somewhere else.
45. "The Dry Season," is a suitable
title for the passage
46. To find information about the cor-
rect use of the comma, you would
have to look through pages 47 --
47. You would most likely find infor-
mation about the use of words
such as under, into and across
under the topic "Parts of Speech"
and the heading "Prepositions."
48. Chapter 3, Words, Phrases and
Sentences, would most likely help
you to increase your knowledge of
words and their meanings.
49. Chapter 8, Story Outlines, will
most likely provide advice and sug-
gestions about writing a short
50. You would most likely use this
textbook to study English (Lan-
guage Arts) at school.
Friday, January 23, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive January 22nd 2015 January 24th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page