Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 1st 2015 Contents A42
Sunday Guardian www.guardian.co.tt February 1, 2015
GENERAL MANAGER, CORPORATE SERVICES
The Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for creating, implementing and overseeing communication
programmes that effectively promote the Corporation and its products and services. The incumbent will be required
to develop and manage the Corporation's internal and external Communications and Customer Service.
• Designs, develops and implements the Corporation's communication internal and external Plan.
• Develops, implements and manages a wide variety of communication programs and customer service initiatives
and community plans in a creative and effective manner within established budgets and time-lines
• Maintains and develops relationships with key stakeholders including government, the media, and communities
• Plans and coordinates all Corporate events
• Manages the Customer Service function, ensuring queries and complaints are dealt with in an effective manner
• Develops suitable internal and external communications to maintain and improve the Corporation's image
• Prepares and draft speeches for the Chairman/Managing Director as required
• Designs public relations strategy, which integrates the policy and objectives of the Corporation
• Drafts and reviews promotional matters, prepares Corporate Statements and press releases
• Manages projects or tasks as required by the Managing Director
• Participates in meetings to plan the Communication activities, reports on these activities and help determine
timetables for activities and projects\
• Monitors media and be available for media calls and follow ups as needed
• Reviews and implements improvements to departmental processes, policies and procedures and ensures adherence
• A Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications /Public Relations/Marketing or other related discipline
oAt least five (5) years experience at the managerial level with a successful track record in the
oDemonstrated experience in planning and implementing communications programs, products and activities in a
oProven ability to prepare and implement marketing and communications plan
oExcellent oral and written communication skills, inclusive of good report writing skills
The closing date for applications is
Please note that unsuitable and late applications will not be acknowledged.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO: -
Top former player and son of Tobago, Dwight
Yorke, who will head the cast of stars in the com-
munity effort, the Legends Challenge, will be head-
ing home to Canaan as leader of a Manchester Unit-
ed representative team.
This as the local communities will host top former
professionals from the English Premier League as
part of a legacy programme designed to create a
lasting local impact from the British Airways Tobago
Legends Challenge, from June 15-22, 2015.
The innovative Legends Legacy Community Out-
reach programme will foster a wide range of activities
around Tobago in the run-up to the tournament,
including the "twinning" of local areas with the
teams representing many of the Premier League s
biggest football clubs.
The sports for development outreach scheme will
see legends from Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal
and Liverpool, among others, engaged in an intensive
activity programme, with star players working in
local schools and communities.
The Legacy outreach programme is a key element
of the pre- and post-tournament activities. The
British Airways Tobago Legends Tournament is a
new major sports tourism effort headed to Tobago
this June. It will see 64 of the best players ever to
play the beautiful game face-off during a high tempo
six-a-side Legends tournament.
The twinning of the teams with local communities
is an effort to heighten the sense of excitement
around the event and foster some friendly com-
petition while building awareness of the Legends
Local youth and children, primarily based in
local schools, will wear the same "official" shirt
colours as the teams.
Coaches and unemployed youth will be iden-
tified and encouraged to act as "ambassadors"
to help deliver the programme objectives on
the ground in each community.
Each sports field is close to a local school/s
and will be the key location for Legacy activities.
Magdalena Beach and Golf Resort, the official
hotel, is offering special Caricom rates during
the week of the event.
Former Soca Warriors World Cup striker Cornell
Glen was on target in the Indian Super League on
Thursday, however it was a consolation strike as
his Shillong Lajong fell to its second defeat in three
matches, 2--5 to Pune.
For Pune, Thongkhosiem Haokip got a hat-trick
in the win, in the second, 12th and 15th minutes
while Ryuji Sueoka (43rd) and Darko Nikac (45th)
added one each.
Durga Boro netted Shillong s first goal in the 36th
to cut the lead to 3--1 while 34-year-old Glen, in his
second stint with the club, was on target in the 75th,
with his first of the campaign.
At the top of the table is Royal Wahingdoh with
nine points from four matches, two more than Pune
while Dempo, the former club of T&T s Densil
Theobald is third with five points, just ahead of
Mohun Bagan, Bengaluru and East Bengal, all on four
However, Mohun Bagan and East Bangal have only
played two matches each.
account with loss
Tobago communities to host Legends
The Legends teams and local communities
Manchester United: Canaan/ Bon Accord-
Aston Villa: Buccoo/Mt. Pleasant/Bethel-
Liverpool: Les Coteaux/Plymouth/Black Rock-
Tottenham Hotspur: Patience Hill/Signal
Hill/Lambeau- Signal Hill Rec Ground
Caribbean All-Stars: Mason
Ground-Cyd Gray Complex
Ground-Speyside Recreation Ground
PFA All-Stars: Whim/Mt Grace/Calderhall-
Visit www.MagdalenaGrand.com and enter
Group Code: Tobago Legends.
Media contact: Corporate Communications,
Tourism Development Company Ltd,
Links Archive January 31st 2015 February 2nd 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page