Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 3rd 2015 Contents B3
Tuesday, February 3, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Universal Package Systems Limited, authorised service
contractor for UPS, requires professional individuals to fill
the following position:
Qualifications and Experience:-
• Five General CXC 'O' Level Certificates incl.
English and Math
• Ability to execute export Airway Bills
• Knowledge of the preparation of import and
• Experience with Customs procedures
• Good customer relations skills
• 1-3 years experience in the shipping logistics
• Sea freight and Air export knowledge will be an
• Knowledge of ASYCUDA will be an asset.
Interested candidates must send their applications by
February 13th 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org or
the following address:
The Human Resources and Administrative
Universal Package Systems Limited
Building 5, Unit 2,
Fernandes Industrial Centre
Eastern Main Road
NB: Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
The Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission
invites applications to fill one (1) permanent position of:
SENIOR FINANCIAL RESEARCH OFFICER
IN THE COMPLIANCE AND INSPECTIONS DIVISION
A. Job Summary
The job requires the incumbent to lead a team of professional staff in the conduct of on-site and
off-site inspections of registrants and self-regulatory organizations (SROs) registered under the
Securities Act 2012. In examining registrants' compliance with relevant legislation, the incumbent
will undertake appropriate risk-based supervisory strategies to ensure that the integrity of the mar-
ket is maintained.
• Formulates strategies and leads project teams in the conduct of inspections of registrants and SROs;
• Reviews pre-inspection reports completed by the Financial Research Officer to ensure an
appropriate risk assessment is assigned;
• Prepares inspections plans including identification of focus areas of the inspections with
rationale for same;
• Leads a team in the conduct of on and off-site inspections of all SROs and registrants on a
cyclical basis depending upon the relevant risk assessment for the entity;
• Leads a team in analyzing data obtained during inspections and identifies major risks or
regulatory issues and advises management of any major patterns of contraventions or
conduct by a firm or any employees;
• Makes recommendations to issue compliance directions in circumstances where a registrant
may be found to be in contravention of any provisions of the Act;
• Recommends appropriate resolution of contraventions, including possible referral to the Legal
Advisory and Enforcement Division for the necessary enforcement action;
• Identifies areas of regulatory concerns and, makes recommendations to the Director
• Supervises the activities of the Financial Research Officers of the Division in order to ensure
that adequate standards are maintained;
• Performs other related duties as required.
C. Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field.
• 5-7 years' experience at a professional or supervisory level in a regulatory environment or
• Any other equivalent combination of education, training and experience would be considered.
All applications should be forwarded under confidential cover and addressed as follows:
Vacant Position: Senior Financial Research Officer
Compliance & Inspections Division
The Chief Executive Officer
Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission
57-59 Dundonald Street
Port of Spain
email address: email@example.com
Applications should arrive no later than February 09, 2015
Stories of people being fired for using bad judg-
ment on social networks are nothing new. Every
once in a while, the media picks up the tale of an
unfortunate worker who bashes his or her boss
via Facebook, disparages clients via Twitter, or is
caught in a lie that results in losing a job.
It's enough to make some readers believe staying
away from social media is their best bet to maintain
their jobs and preserve their professional reputation.
For those without a filter to prevent sharing inappropriate
information and details, that may be the best bet.
However, a recent story of a radio personality in
Atlanta fired for tweeting unflattering comments about
Delta Airlines (an Atlanta-based company and major
sponsor of the station where he worked) demonstrates
some important lessons about Twitter and shows the
social network's power to impact and reach key contacts.
This radio producer and sports commentator was
trying to leave St. Louis via a Delta flight that was
delayed due to icy conditions. While other airlines'
flights left, he became increasingly annoyed that his
His Tweets included the following comments:
• "The bean counter who saved Delta a few bucks in st. lou
hoping he wouldn't need more de-icing fluid this year screwed
a lot of people today."
• "Not a big quote tweeter, but #delta should remember 'when
you fail 2 prepare, you prepare 2 fail."
• "New #delta strategy on de-icing planes in st. louis: wait
'til it melts. well, the company is based in atlanta."
Local NBC affiliate station 11 Alive reported that the
Tweeter received a text from a boss at his station,
warning him to stop his Tweets. According to 11 Alive,
"By 6:30 that night, after he landed in Atlanta, [he] was
fired, eight hours after the tweets began. [He] says his
bosses told him Delta threatened to pull its advertising
from the station."
What did this Tweeter do wrong?
• He complained online.
• He used the company's name - and the hashtag
(#) - helping Delta find his tweet.
• He assumed no one of consequence would see his
What can job seekers/others learn?
It isn't difficult to connect with influencers on Twitter.
While this Tweeter, unfortunately, found out the hard
way that Delta bosses were tracking their mentions on
Twitter, if you're interested in an organization, individual,
or company, this is a reminder you can use social net-
works such as Twitter to engage positively.
Compliment companies that interest you. Comment
on their service, products, and ideas.
It's okay to suggest ways they might consider address-
ing their challenges, if the challenges are public and
you have expertise to solve them.
Use the company's name -- and use a hashtag (#)
in your tweets.
Many employers have someone monitoring Twitter
for comments as part of their online reputation man-
agement process. So, using the hashtag with the com-
pany's name will help them find your tweet.
Assume someone is listening!
Many organizations, especially large companies, mon-
itor mentions carefully. You never know when someone
with decision-making ability might notice your tweets.
Is a positive tweet likely to get you hired in 8 hours
(as our unfortunate Tweeter's tweets got him fired?)
However, the lesson is clear: there IS someone lis-
A reputable company in the East is looking for employees
who speak: Mandarin & English
Cantonese & English
NOTE WELL THAT THE FOLLOWING IS APPLICABLE
TO THE ABOVE POSITION
Shift work system - Morning, Evening to night and
Overnight Minimum of two days off per week.
Attendance incentives monthly as well as an annual
attendance and performance bonus
All interesting applicants are required to submit their
E-Mail Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 8th February 2015. 0131027
Links Archive February 2nd 2015 February 4th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page