Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 20th 2015 Contents No. of students present for Science
test = 11/12 x 36/1 = 33 students
Answer: 30 students for Mathe-
matics test, 33 students for Sci-
42. Daily salary = $15.50
Weekly salary = $15.50 x 40 = $620
43. a. Iris
b. Alana and Karen
45. a. Answer: 40 marks
Answer: 22 students
Answer: 9 pupils
Answer: 26 pupils
1. They were very angry (at ; with)
their friend for causing them to
miss the show.
2. Charlie prefers chicken (than ; to)
beef for any lunch.
3. The witnesses had blamed him
(for; with) the accident that had
4. According (for; to) the rules, I
should not be walking here at this
5. All but Alex have arrived for the
6. Is there anyone who has already
finished the test?
7. Either she or they already realize
what has happened.
8. Neither those girls nor he lives
near to me.
9. Can you please sell me fifteen dol-
lars' worth of those fruits?
10. Chelsea and Charlie's bakery sells
the most delicious cakes and pies.
11. I borrowed Wayne's note book for
the week- end.
12. We should leave now because it's
getting quite late.
13. bene- ; ad- Being a most caring
person, it was easy
for him to become a
14. trans- ; super- It is a most responsible
job to supervise
15. non- ; ir- Sometimes, it is
necessary to get rid
items in the house.
16. pro- ; de- Since the office was
situated far away
from her home, Annie
the job offer.
17. Many of the excited fans in the
Oval (clapped ; became) noisy.
18. Doesn't that (seem ; resemble) to
be the exact recipe that Mummy
19. This piece of sandpaper certainly
(touches ; feels) rough.
19. Neither Sammy nor any one of the
players have arrived on this flight.
(has) - to agree with "any one"
21. Channa and potatoes were being
served at the wedding. (was) -
refers to one dish
22. The manager spoke to the clerk
with regards to his present behav-
iuor. (regard) - incorrect expres-
23. We had a choice between coconut
ice cream or cheese cake for
24. The Sahara desert is situated in
25. "A good joke will surely lessen my
anxiety" said Saran.
26. "Waste not, want not is the best
lesson I have learnt while growing
up!" exclaimed Tony.
27. We asked the store manager for
assistance in selecting the best
material for our team's uniform.
28. 'The dog ate my homework' is the
most foolish excuse you can offer
when you have not done your
29. "It is a long rode to freedom!" ex-
claimed Mandela. road
30. The angry man true the clock
through the window. threw
31. "Are you going to the
calypso show tonight?"
32. "After school, I usually
go to the community
centre for English
lessons, " said Jean.
33. "I have completed my
class project," said
"Have you started
yours yet, Casey?"
34. "I'll go to the movies
with you when I have
completed my chores, "
35. "Stop shouting!" mother
exclaimed, "You'll wake
up the baby."
36. The period of Lent most likely falls
during the dry season.
37. The poet was waiting for the
church doors to open.
38. The wind (breeze) was described
in the poem as having "refreshing
39. The poet most likely described the
period before Lent as "merry sea-
son" and "happy bash" because
believers usually give up things
they enjoy doing during the period
of Lent. (In Trinidad & Tobago it is
usually the "carnival season")
40. The poet was most likely asking
his Lord to forgive him of his sins
and to give him a clean soul or
heart. (Asking for spiritual cleans-
41. The word "Lent" means "fast" in
some languages. (To avoid or ab-
stain from certain things)
42. Sundays are not counted as a day
in the period of Lent because it is
considered as the Lord's Day
which should never be a day of
fasting, but a day of celebrations.
43. The number forty has symbolic im-
portance in religion. (According to
the passage, Moses and Elias
spent forty days in the wilder-
ness; the Jews wandered forty
years searching for the Promised
Land; Jonah gave the city of Nin-
eveh forty days' grace in which to
repent. And Jesus retreated into
the wilderness and fasted for
forty days to prepare for his min-
44. Lent has been practiced by Chris-
tians for most of the last two
45. Jesus Christ was crucified on the
cross at Calvary.
46. Christian Little is the producer of
the musical play.
47. Paul Slater and Sandra Lee are the
two main players in the play.
48. The play would be first held on
Sunday March 01, 2015.
49. A "musical play" most likely has
music and singing as one of the
50. The Christian Children's Home will
benefit from the money collected
from holding the play.
0 Std.1 Std.2 Std.3 Std.4 Std.5
Marks out of 50
Friday, February 20, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive February 19th 2015 February 21st 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page