Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 25th 2015 Contents Qos
Write about any ONE (1) of the following:-
1. Imagine: You have recently gone for a drive to
one of the most interesting and exciting places in
either Trinidad or Tobago. Did you enjoy it? What
caused this journey to be so enjoyable and excit-
ing? Write a story that ends with the following
line:- "... and so I immensely enjoyed this fabulous
trip to (name the main place that you visited)"
2. Have you ever awakened very late, in the morn-
ing, during any school week? How did you feel
about it and what problems did this cause? How
did you go about solving these problems? Think
about these things as you write a story that
begins with the following lines: "I had never
been so late in my whole life. Obviously, this was
going to be a tremendous challenge for me ..."
3. A relative from abroad has asked you about the
things that you love doing with your brother/ sis-
ter, a close friend or another relative, for example,
a cousin. Write a letter of reply, identifying this
person, naming at least two things that you
enjoy with him/ her, giving reasons, in detail, why
you especially enjoy doings these things.
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Circle one of the words in the brackets to com-
plete the following sentences.
The (scary ; nimble) lizard had jumped quickly
off the branch.
1. The huge (mysterious ; majestic) building was
admired by everyone.
2. The (sudden ; flashy) lightning had taken us by
3. The (anxious ; rebellious) student had refused
to do any type of school work.
4. The guests were hoping that there would still be
a few (vacant ; occupied) seats in the packed
B. Write in the correct form of each of the words
STUDY While studying late last night, Carlos
fell soundly asleep.
5. SHUT Sherlene had ____________ the door
as soon as she entered the room.
6. LEAD Yesterday, the captain ___________
his team to an astounding victory.
7. BATHE While ______________, our pup likes to
shake his fur vigorously.
8. CLING The toddler had ____________ to his
mom during their walk through the
C. Rewrite the following sentences in Reported
(S1) Daddy asked Peter, "Will you help me to
cut the lawn, tomorrow?"
(S2) Daddy asked Peter whether he would help
him to cut the lawn, the following day.
"Remember that next week we will be having
our annual field trip to the Science Centre," Ms.
Angela told her class.
10. One of the visitors remarked, from the top of the
mountain, "What an absolutely picturesque
11. "Do you think that we can pay Aunt Bessie a sur-
prise visit next Saturday?" Mummy asked the
D. Put in the correct form of each given word to
complete the following sentences. (Use the
hints within the brackets)
allow David usually receives a weekly
allowance of twenty dollars. (Noun)
12. taste He had only a few friends because of
his ___________ behavior. (Adjective)
13. bright The final match was played in a
_____________ lit savanna. (Adverb)
14. fortune Keith had the unpleasant ____________
of sharing the disappointing news with
his parents. (Noun)
15. proof The lawyer had to _____________ that
his client was innocent. (Verb)
E. Rewrite the following sentences in their cor-
(S1) We saw most of the players, on entering
the room, in their colourful uniforms
(S2) On entering the room, we met most of the
players in their colourful uniforms.
16. The friends arranged on the next day to have
17. Mummy decided to place the clothes, into the
large basket that she had just washed.
18. You must leave, if you wish to arrive early, on
F. Each of the following sentences contains an
error. Read the sentences well, underline the
error, then write only the correction in the
If we only had known before, we would have
46. The piechart below shows Mr Chen's monthly
budget. Mr. Chen works for $7 200 per month.
a. What percent of his money is saved?
b. How much money does Mr Chen spend on
Food in a year?
Continued on the next page
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Links Archive February 24th 2015 February 26th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page