Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : March 1st 2015 Contents A30
Sunday Guardian www.guardian.co.tt March 1, 2015
LAKE ASPHALT OF TRINIDAD & TOBAGO (1978) LIMITED
Brighton, La Brea
1. Lake Asphalt of Trinidad and Tobago (1978) Limited (Lake Asphalt) has authorized tendering for the following:
The Provision of Design-Build Services for
Wednesday March 31,
Lake Asphalt Administrative Complex.
Proponents are invited to submit proposals.
2. Proponents are advised that Tender Packages will be available from FRIDAY 27 FEBRUARY, 2015 at the
Cashier's Office, Finance Department, Brighton, La Brea between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon and
from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3. Proponents shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of the Proposal.
4. There is a non-refundable fee of TT $6,000.00 dollars for the Tender Package which MUST be paid via cash or
Manager's cheque to "Lake Asphalt of Trinidad and Tobago (1978) Limited" at the Cashier. Packages will
be presented upon payment.
5. Proponents shall submit one (1) original, two (2) copies AND an electronic copy (i.e. CDs and/or flash drives).
6. Completed Proposals MUST be addressed to:
Lake Asphalt of Trinidad & Tobago (1978) Limited
Brighton, La Brea
Trinidad, West Indies
7. Sealed packages must be placed in the appropriately labelled box "Tender Box" situated in the Lobby of the
8. Responses for this Tender MUST be submitted in accordance with the instructions given in the Tender package.
9. Late Tenders will NOT be considered.
10. All queries in respect of this Tender MUST be directed to the
Tel: 868-648-7555/8521 (Ext. 226)
11. A Pre-Tender meeting and Site Visit is scheduled for Wednesday March 18, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. at the
Human Resource Building.
12. Opening of the tender box will be on Wednesday March 31, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. at the Administration Building.
A young boy
carries his dog as
he walks along a
flooded street, in
Spain, on Friday.
Heavy rain has
over the past few
An Egyptian court has declared Hamas a "ter-
rorist" organisation, weeks after the Palestinian
movement's armed wing was given the same
designation, reports said.
A judicial source told AFP news agency that
the court issued the verdict yesterday, a ruling
seen as keeping with a systematic crackdown on
Islamist groups by President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
The verdict resulted from two separate private
suits filed by two lawyers against the de facto
rulers of the Gaza Strip.
In an interview with Al Jazeera, Ghazi Hamad,
a deputy foreign minister, rejected the court deci-
sion as "very dangerous."
"They are now saying that the (Palestinian)
resistance and struggle against the occupation is
a crime," he said.
Mustafa Barghouti, a senior Palestinian official
who is neither from Hamas or Fatah, said in a
separate interview that the verdict "is a very
unwise decision" that carries political complica-
"Hamas is part of the Palestinian national unity
movement, and this decision is not useful."
Yesterday's ruling comes just days after Egypt
adopted a new anti-terrorism law allowing the
authorities to close the premises of any declared
"terrorist" organisation, and to freeze its assets
as well as those of its members.
The relationship between Egypt's authorities
and the Hamas has soured since the ouster of
the Muslim Brotherhood's Mohamed Morsi in
Hamas is an offshoot of Egypt's Muslim Broth-
erhood, which Egypt also banned since the military
coup in 2013.
Since then, Egyptian authorities have accused
Hamas of aiding armed groups, who have waged
a string of deadly attacks on security forces in
Egypt's Sinai Peninsula.
In January, an Egyptian court also declared
Hamas' armed wing al-Qassam Brigades a "ter-
The case was based on allegations that al-Qas-
sam staged attacks to support the Muslim Broth-
erhood, and carried out deadly operations in the
Sinai Peninsula in October 2014, allegations that
the group denied.
Armed groups in Sinai have killed scores of
policemen and soldiers since Morsi's overthrow,
vowing revenge for a crackdown on his supporters
that has left more than 1,400 people dead.
They are now saying that the (Palestinian)
resistance and struggle against the
occupation is a crime...
Links Archive February 28th 2015 March 2nd 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page