Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : March 6th 2015 Contents d.
name - Quadrilateral/rectangle,
sides - 4, irregular
46. Circumference (1 revolution) =
Diameter x pi = 15/1 x 22/7
5 revolutions = 15/1 x 22/7 x 5/1 =
1650/7 = 235 5/7 m
Answer: 235 5/7 metres
1. He is (someone; anyone) whom
you can trust.
2. It's difficult to believe that (no one;
many) did not know about this
3. (Many; most) of the sugar had
4. (Much; Several) of the children
were still at the playing ground.
5. The coach advised the players that
they would be having their practice
on the following day at four p.m.
6. Narvin asked his friends whether
they had seen the new comedy
show, the night before, on
7. The manager instructed his em-
ployees that they should always
remember that in his business the
customer always came first.
8. Sometimes, my sister , Kathy
craves (to; for) chocolate cake.
9. It's the first time that we have re-
ally agreed (to; with) him.
10. Many people rely (on; for) her be-
cause of her honesty.
11. The police assured the victim that
they would inquire (about; into)
the theft as soon as possible.
12. We shan't bother you again about
13. "Won't you be able to accompany
them to the Mall, next week?"
14. They weren't there when we
15. You've got to make a decision by
16. slide The footballers slid
many times on the
The clown rode the
horse quickly around
18. proceed Once the clothes were
Mummy proceeded to
dry and iron them.
19. hold Mrs. Francis lovingly
held her baby while
sitting on the couch.
20. There were over two thousand
people at the recent parade. yes-
terday. (more than) -- incorrect
21. Susie is the younger of the four
children. (youngest) -- to compare
more than two children
22. Each of the girls donated what
they could. (she) - the singular
form is used with "each"
23. Not for one moment could we un-
derstand Martin's sudden change
24. Catherine was surprised to see
many of her schoolmates cheering
for her at the concert when she
25. No two peas in a pod are alike.
26. Although Martin is usually an
obedient child he will not act
except he is sure his actions would
not hurt others.
27. The children's scandalous laughter
seemed to fill the classroom.
28. Many Caribbean islands are cov-
ered with volcanic rocks and soil.
29. I am so (addictive, allergic) to cig-
arette smoke that if someone is
smoking outside a room I am in, I
begin to sneeze and cough.
30. After carrying out many (exami-
nations, experiments), the scien-
tist concluded that he could not
use vegetables to make cheese.
31. "I'll see you later," said
32. "You'll be punished if
you don't complete
your homework on
time," said our teacher.
33. "I've done everything I
can but Ican't reach
to school before eight
o'clock," said Marcus.
34. "Are you certain Alice
is coming?" asked Faye.
35.Marcus' pet cat was
bitten by the
36. The poet is most likely referring
to 'old' and/or experienced soldiers
(who fought in the war) as veter-
37. (i). themes - (main) topics; ideas;
(ii). perspective - viewpoint; side;
(iii). significance - meaning;
38. The three themes that the poet
was referring to in line 5 are to
honour veterans who died, to hon-
our veterans who survived and to
honour all dearly departed (died).
39. The poet connected the three
themes to war and/or death.
40. The poet preferred to emphasise
the theme of 'Peace and Life'.
41. Food chains are diagrams which
represent the feeding patterns or
relationships among living things.
42. Oxygen, a by-product of photosyn-
thesis, is crucial to the production
of "pure" blood in man.
43. (i). pattern - model; outline;
blueprint; example; sample
(ii). relationship - association;
(iii). process - procedure; method;
44. Plants form the first link in food
chains and food webs because
they produce their own food. They
also produce oxygen which is
necessary for the production of
pure blood in man and animals.
45. "Food Chains and Food Webs" is
a suitable title for the passage.
(Pupils will give other suitable
46. Defence Force and Harlem have
earned the same amount of points
in the league so far.
47. U-20's, Phoenix and Defence Force
drew the most matches in the
league so far.
48. WASA is occupying first position
in the league at this time.
49. Eastern Strikers and Harlem each
has only one more match to play.
50. If St. Francois wins the remaining
two matches it has to play and
Harlem draws its one remaining
match, both teams will now have
thirty points and would most
likely tie for the 9th position.
Friday, March 6, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive March 5th 2015 March 7th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page