Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : March 27th 2015 Contents 39.20cm+18cm+24cm+15cm+16
Answer: 93 cm
40. Rent for 1 month =
20/100 x $6000/1 = $1 200
Rent for 6 mths =
Answer: $7 200.00
35 kg divided by 1.25 kg = 28
Selling Price (SP) of 28 pieces =
28 x $12.50 = $350
42. Area of vertical rectangle =
Area of bottom rectangle =
36 square cm
360 square cm
Answer: 360 square cm
43. Amount fabric bought = 25 metres
Amount fabric for 1 uniform = 2.3 m
Amount of fabric for 9 uniforms =
Amount fabric unused =
Answer: 4.3 metres
44. Amount Samuel made Mon - Fri =
Amount Samuel made on Sat =
$285 + $135 = $420
Total amount Samuel made =
Answer: $2 265.00
45. Amount received for normal 40 hrs
Amount received for overtime of
Total received =
Answer: $1 080.00
Profit % = profit/original x 100/1 % =
Answer: 33 1/3%
b. Discount = 10/100 x $80/1 = $8
Discounted price =
Answer: $72.00 each
1. (Was ; Were) it they who had
told us about the party?
2. A cricket bat together with some
stumps (has ; have) been stored
in the cupboard.
3. Either she or I (is ; am) taking our
cousin to the cinema.
4. Ten dollars (is ; are) the cost of
the ball point pen.
5. Weren't (Were they not) they
expected to arrive, soon?
6. We'll (We will) see you, tomor-
7. There aren't (are not) too many
mangoes on the tree.
8. He'd (He would) tell us if he
knew about it.
9. PART There were many tiny
particles of dust in the
10. STAND The fireman wore a thick
coat to withstand the
heat of the flames.
11. RED The beautiful sunset
looked reddish in the
12. On arriving home, the children
flung their book bags into the cor-
ner of the room.
13. With a quick turn on his heel, the
forward kicked the ball into the
14. Eating healthy foods could actually
make you feel better.
15. Our mangoes are (tastiest ;
tastier) than yours.
16. This is the (fastest ; faster)
speed that this cyclist has ridden
for all the races.
17. Among the twins, Gerry is the
(more courteous ; most courte-
18. Mummy told the children that they
would have to take Simba to the
vet, the following for he did not
seem to be well.
19. Mr. Alexis reminded his clerk, Ali-
cia, that he hoped that she would
try to drop off those documents
later, that day.
20. Who do you think I saw last week?
(Whom) - The objective case is
21. Neither she nor I has seen that
movie. (have) - the verb agrees
with the second part of the sub-
ject, that is "I"
22. They are accustomed with playing
in the rain. (to) - incorrect phrase.
23. ASSESS The Secondary
will be held in May 2015.
24. EXAM The receptionist
scheduled my eye
examination for next
25. ENTER The guard blocked the
only entrance to the
Success is never final
nor failure ever fatal.
27. The wind helped to disperse the
seeds from the cedar tree.
28. The vacant building lots on my
street were overgrown with grass.
29. Tickets bought in advance for the
football match were less expen-
sive than those sold at the gates.
30. "Why are men shoes always more
expensive than women's?" asked
31. One fine day, while I
was walking in the
park, I met a friend
whom I hadn't seen
32. Linda, Vashti, Ako and
Lee will visit Disney
during the Easter
33.Mrs. Wong, my Science
teacher, is a very
34. "Do you know where
I put my bat?" asked
35.My uncle who lives in
London is a very rich
36. The main factor responsible for
giving the ocean its blue colour is
37. Sir Chandrasekhar Venkata Raman
is most likely from India.
38. (i). reflected - reproduced;
mirrored; replicated; returned
(ii). penetrates - pierces; enters;
infiltrates; goes through
(iii). scattered - spread; strewn
39. The red alga is the factor responsi-
ble for the colour of the Red Sea.
40. "How the Sea gets it Colour," or
"What makes the Sea Blue?" are
suitable titles for the passage.
41. Line 2, "As quiet as a mouse" and
Line 5, "There's no one ever sees
his face," suggest that Mr. Nobody
does not speak to or is seen by
42. The word "ajar," in verse two
means "to be slightly or partly
43. The poet most likely calls the per-
son who is responsible for all the
activities "Mr. Nobody," because
when members of the family are
asked who is responsible for a mis-
chievous act they deny doing it,
therefore nobody has done it.
44. Mr. Nobody is most likely the
member of the family who has
done a mischievous act.
45. "Mr. Nobody," is a suitable title for
46. You would most likely find infor-
mation about the different types
of pronouns on Pages 34 and 35.
47. You would most find additional in-
formation about types of adjec-
tives on pages 27, 28 and 29.
48. The major use of adverbs in a sen-
tence is to describe or modify a
49. The topics are arranged in alpha-
betical order in the index.
50. "Nouns," most likely came first in
the book because it starts with
Friday, March 27, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive March 26th 2015 March 28th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page