Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 3rd 2015 Contents 43. a. Answer: e
b. Answer: c and m
c. Answer: b and d
d. 180 degrees -- 65 degrees =
Answer: 115 degrees
44. Simple Interest (SI) =
Principal (P) x Rate (R) x Time (T)
= $41250/1 x 5.2/100 x 6/1 = 12 870
Answer: $12 870.00
45. Attendance on 4 days = 42 604
Attendance on 1 day =
Answer: 10 651 people
46. Area of rectangle =
Cost of 85 square m =
Answer: $5 525.00
1. Whoever arrives first will arrange
the tables. (Pronoun - Relative)
2. Does any of you live very close to
the school? (Pronoun - Indefinite)
3. They had gathered in the sitting
4. The bat is Dave's . You lent yours to
5. Gary and Charles' sister sits next
to me in class.
6. Ice cream instead of cupcakes
(was ; were) served after lunch.
7. Mummy, along with her brothers
(has ; have) visited our grandpar-
8. Neither the dance troupe nor the
singers (has ; have) arrived for the
9. The children enjoyed playing in the
huge field which was also well
kept. / The children enjoyed playing
in the huge, well kept field.
10. Both James and Matthew re-
ported for work in Buccoo where
they began construction on the
upper part of a new building.
11. We were puzzled by his unusual
12. There is a need for more caution
when people drive.
13. The coach was very disappointed
in the team's dismal performance.
14. Before leaving, Mr. Adams
entrusted all his valuables a close
15. Delia's family was hopeful that
all would be well after her opera-
16. The contractor was expected to
complete the house within six
17. After the rains, the sunlight had
(shine) shone through the grey
clouds. (Past Participle)
18. Marvin accidentally (strike) struck
Lydia as he passed by her desk.
19. The men had (bind) bound the
posts tightly with the thick wire.
20. After the race, everyone ran and
praise the girl for her excellent per-
formance. (praised) - continued
use of the Past Tense
21. We heard the coach said that the
match would start promptly at
four o'clock. (say) - incorrect ex-
22. Mr. Williams bought a new set of
furnitures, yesterday. (furniture) -
The singular and plural word
forms are the same
23. Hollis did not give a reason for his
acceptance of the role in the play.
24. The secretary entered some of
the applicants' names in the data-
25. It is a good practice for parents
and teachers to supervise the ac-
tivities of children at home and at
school. (keep an eye on)
26. The harsh weather added to the
street children's discomfort. (lack
27. Jennifer Hudson won several
awards for her performance in the
movie "Dream Girls."
28. The librarian did not process my
application for joining the public li-
29. The teller refused to cash my
(check / cheque) because my
name was spelt incorrectly.
30. The vet informed me that my dog
had descended from a rare (breed
/ breathe) of wolves.
31. I went to Ravi's house
on Sunday but he
wasn't at home.
32.I had eggs, bacon,
bread and cocoa for
33.It's no secret that I'm
leaving school early
34.The famous children's
novel, Treasure Island,
was written by
Robert L. Stevenson.
35. "Our principal is a
very patient man, "
said Ray, "I have never
seen him angry."
36. The feast of Easter celebrates
Christ's return to life after he was
crucified on the cross at Calvary.
37. (a). celebration - commemoration;
(b). abstinence - self-denial;
staying away from
(c). repentance - regret; sorrow;
remorse; penitence; shame;
38. The word "Resurrection" was
used in the passage to describe
Christ's "rising from the dead".
39. An account of Christ's life and
work on earth is most likely writ-
ten in "The Bible" (Christians' Holy
40. Christ's resurrection has led Chris-
tians to believe that they too can
receive "new life" after death.
41. The poet's mother (mama) first
told the poet the secret.
42. Lines 7 and 8, "And I will find it
Easter morn, If I look very hard,"
suggest that the Easter Bunny
usually hides the Easter eggs.
43. You should now think that the
Easter Bunny's arrival is no longer
a secret because the poet has told
everyone (Lines 11 and 12).
44. "The Easter Secret," is a good title
for the poem.
45. The poem has a happy mood.
46. (a) Sharon was reading while Joel
was attending Scout meeting.
(b). These activities took place on
47. Sharon spent one hour more than
Joel doing homework.
48. (a). The children most likely went
to church together.
(b). This activity took place on
49. Sharon spent more time watching
television on Saturday than Joel
50. Sharon most likely helped with the
chores at home over the weekend.
Friday, April 3, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive April 2nd 2015 April 4th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page