Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 15th 2015 Contents Qos
Write about any one (1) of the following:-
1. Have you ever volunteered to do something, ei-
ther for your class or for your school that made
you extremely happy? What was so special
about doing it and why were you so happy to do
it? Write a story that begins with the following
line: "This seemed as a once in a lifetime oppor-
tunity to do something meaningful for my class/
school and I was determined to try my very best
to be successful..."
2. Many of you have pets and enjoy taking care of
them. Have you ever had an experience where
there was a serious emergency involving the
health of your pet? What was your greatest fear
when this happened? Write an account that be-
gins with the following line: "This was the first
time that I was faced with such an emergency
and I just hoped that (name your pet) would sur-
3. Most of us have at least one hero or a famous
person whom they would love to meet at some
time. If you could have lunch with any famous
person, who would it be? What would you talk
about with this person? Write a letter to a close
friend, describing in some detail, what you would
do if you had such an opportunity to be with
your famous person.
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Underline the subject in each of the following
There, in the corner were my three best friends.
1. Most of the time, Mr. Paul repairs our father's
2. Jumping high into the air, our neighbour's dog,
Simba can catch any ball that is thrown at him.
3. If the weather permits, the Principal and Ms.
Davis will take the class on a most interesting
field trip, next week.
4. To most people, Mrs. Durham, our next door
neighbour, is the kindest person you will ever
B. Use a suitable word to join the following sets
(S1) Although they waited for him for two
hours they were still unable to attend the
(S2) Today I played with Simone whose brother
is our football captain.
5. Mr. Daniel decided to explain the problem, fur-
ther _________________ the class could not un-
6. That is the man _________________ I think will be
able to assist us.
_________________ Mummy goes to the market,
she always buys some delicious fruits for us.
8. Shivonne is the person to _________________ we
gave the birthday present, yesterday.
C. Name the part of speech of each underlined
word in the following sentences.
Please come down before you injure yourself.
9. Call us before you leave home.
10. All but Ellen were already there.
11. Mitzy stood obediently before her owner.
12. All the guests were asked to sit down.
D. Change the following sentences to Direct
(S1) Ms. Isabella informed the children that
they would be going on their annual field
trip in the following week.
(S2) Ms. Isabella informed the children, "You
will be going on your annual field trip,
13. Chloe and her brothers remarked to their mother
that they had enjoyed the party which she had
planned for their aunt, the day before.
14. Dr. Phillip's secretary assured Mrs Gomez that
the doctor would be able to see her again on
Thursday of the following week.
15. Candace asked Julie whether she had seen the
new comedy on television, the night before.
E. Underline one (1) of the given words within the
brackets to complete the following sentences.
We are looking for (something ; someone) to
16. (Many ; Much) of the plums were ripe.
17. We saw (any ; both) of our cousins, yesterday.
18. Only (few ; little) of the spectators had left the
F. Read each of the sentences well. Underline the
error in each sentence then rewrite only the
correction in the brackets provided.
The racquet together with a few new tennis
balls were on the table. (was)
19. If we had found them only before, it would have
made a difference. (________________)
20. Suddenly, the champion racer past the other cars
to win the race. (________________)
21. You, like the other students, has the opportunity
to improve your performance. (______________)
22. Nowadays, one must be extremely careful when
he is crossing the road. (________________)
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Links Archive April 14th 2015 April 16th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page