Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 22nd 2015 Contents Q o s See your Friday Guardian
for the Answers
Do any one (1) of the following compositions:-
1. Most people have a special room in the home
where they go if they want to relax, play in-
door games or do any other activity that they
enjoy doing. What is your favorite room in your
home? Write a letter to a close friend, telling
that person about the room in your house
where you enjoy being, what you enjoy doing
there and giving some reasons, in detail, why
you feel that this is your special room.
2. Sometimes, we may be asked to do some-
thing that is extremely difficult. Has this ever
happened to you? What was it and where did
it happen? Write a story that begins with the
following line: "I know that this (You can
name it) was going to be perhaps the most
difficult challenge that I would ever face but I
was determined to face it, successfully..."
3. Do you get annoyed, sometimes, with your
brother, sister or best friend for doing some-
thing that, in your opinion, was extremely fool-
ish? What was it and why did you become so
angry? Write a story that begins with the
following line: "Sometimes, I just can't stand
what my brother/sister or friend has done..."
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Rewrite each sentence, replacing each un-
derlined phrase with its shorter form.
(S1) We shall not be at your party, next week.
(S2) We shan't be at your party, next week.
1. Is it not your turn, today?
2. We would love to visit them, during the week
3. Are they not accompanying us to the show?
4. She will not be playing on the team, this after-
B. Complete each of the following sentences by
forming another part of speech from each
given root word (Used the hints given within
DRAMA She performed as a fine
dramatist at the concert. (Noun)
Seth was popular for his
_____________ looks (Adjective)
The children were encouraged to
_____________ their library cards.
7. SECURE The large door was _____________
fastened with two bolts. (Adverb)
8. REDUCE There was a massive ____________
in prices during the sale. (Noun)
C. Write in the blanks, one (1) of the given words
to complete each of the following sentences.
I really do not know
who is sitting in
whose ; who
the front seat.
9. That girl to ________________ I am pointing is
whom ; who
my older sister.
10. Do _____________ of you recognize this person?
any ; somebody
_________________ of the eggs were used in
Any ; Most
making the cake.
12. This is the bus by _______________ we traveled
that ; which
to school, this morning.
D. Complete each of the following sentences by
putting in the missing word.
Susan was tired of eating porridge each morn-
ing, for breakfast.
13. We were so disappointed ___________ the
team's performance for the finals.
14. To be healthy, we must always guard
15. It is always wise to associate _____________ kind
E. Write in a suitable form of one (1) of the words
in brackets to match each of the following un-
The tired hiker walked __ slowly _
(energetic ; slow)
towards his destination.
16. The tall tree swung ________________ in the
(lazy ; awkward)
17. The victorious team ran __________________
(excited ; sluggish)
around the field.
18. The fisherman tied the ropes _______________
(loose ; tight)
to the post to secure his boat.
F. Each of the following sentences contains an
error. Underline each error, then rewrite only
Continued on the next page
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive April 21st 2015 April 23rd 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page