Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 29th 2015 Contents Qos
Write about any one (1) of the following:-
1. We do not often think about this, but what do
you like best about your home? Is it about where
it is situated in Trinidad or Tobago or maybe you
feel quite safe living in your present home?
Write a letter to a close relative, giving that per-
son, in some detail, all the main reasons why you
enjoy living at your present home and saying
why you feel so special living there.
2. Have you ever wondered what you would do if
you were asked to teach your class? What
would be at least three important things that
you would choose to do in your class? How
would you go about solving some of the prob-
lems that you might face in the class? Write a
story beginning with this line:- "If I were my
3. Has anyone ever played a trick on you? How did
you feel when this happened to you? Have you
yourself, ever played a trick on someone else?
Suppose: If you had a chance to play a trick on
any of your parents or guardians, what kind of
trick it would be? Write a story that begins
with the following line:- "It's not often that I play
a trick on my parent / guardian (you can say
which one) and so I was determined to enjoy this
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Write in the plural form of each underlined
word in the following sentences.
The salesclerk put the box of handkerchief
(handkerchiefs) on the shelf.
1. Most of the guest (_____________) have arrived.
2. The guide used some flambeau (_____________)
as we entered the caves.
3. This store sells many types of furniture
B. Complete each of the following sentences with
an adverb, formed from one (1) of the given
words in the brackets.
The small dog sat timidly as the huge
(bold ; timid)
hound approached it.
4. The grocer _________________ packed the eggs
(careful ; soft)
into the crate.
5. Having injured his knee, Gregory ______________
(lazy ; painful)
climbed down the mango tree.
6. The winning champion shouted
__________________ as she passed the tape.
(victorious ; brave)
7. The rude boy ___________________ answered the
(courteous ; rough)
man who was trying to talk to him.
C. Put in a suitable form of each given word to
complete the following sentences.
The models (step) stepped on to the stage as
their names were (give) given.
8. (Do) _____________ you see the mystery movie
that was (show) ___________ last night?
9. After (stir) _______________ her tea, Mummy
slowly (sip) _______________ the delicious bev-
10. The school bell was (ring) _________________ as
soon as all the children had (come)
D. Complete the following sentences by supply-
ing a form of each given word on the left.
astounding This is the most astounding
horizon that we had ever seen.
Marie's swimming performance
was much _____________ that
the previous year.
Among all the restaurants that
they had visited, this one served
the _______________ dishes.
Scruffy is the ________________
dog in our neighbourhood.
E. Each of the following sentences contains an
error. Read the sentences well, underline each
error then write only the corrections in the
My dress is on the hanger but yours' is in the
drawer. (yours) - no apostrophe in the posses-
14. Calvin is not as tall as thinks he is. (___________)
15. Shivanie can sing that song better than me.
16. The team had blamed it on Dwayne for losing
the match. (___________)
F. Rewrite each of the following sentences in its
(S1) It is most necessary to, if you wish this
letter to arrive on time, post it as early as
(S2) If you wish this letter to arrive on time, it
is most necessary to post it as early as
17. The workmen poured the cement into the huge
container which their friend had just mixed.
18. You must, if you want to control your weight, eat
healthy and exercise regularly.
19. The captain decided to penalize a few of the
players who had been unruly, on the advice of
the football coach.
G. Join each part in A to another in B to form
The tomatoes that
are on the table
that is sold, daily, in
the school's cafete-
20. The children
enjoy running in
to return to their
21. Kerry and his
brother leave to-
were grown in our
22. Sometimes, for
lunch, we pur-
that is directly be-
hind our school.
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Links Archive April 28th 2015 April 30th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page