Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : May 2nd 2015 Contents A9
Saturday, May 2, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
> At least five (5) years' experience as a
> Working on a mix of new, medium and
> Working on activities that may range
from oil changes to full rebuilds
> Proven ability in vehicle electrical
systems and fault diagnostics
> Proven ability in pneumatic and
hydraulic systems diagnostics and repair
> Experience of keeping accurate records
> Excellent customer service skills.
Two male cross-dressers created
quite a commotion in the San Fernando
Magistrates Court, yesterday, when
they appeared dressed like women on
charges of loitering.
Nicholas Paul, who said he preferred
to be called Nikki when he was dressed
in female attire, and Keron Lewis, were
both the objects of stares and laughter
when they were escorted in handcuffs
to the court.
Police officers were also seen taking
photos of the men with their cellphones.
Paul, 32, of San Fernando, and Lewis,
25, a hairdresser of Aripero and La Brea,
were kept separate from the other pris-
oners as a safety precaution.
Paul was dressed in a red top, short
black dress and black wig, while Lewis
was wearing a skin-tight mini black
dress and a long burgundy and black
wig. They both appeared before Mag-
istrate Natalie Diop.
They were arrested at San Fernando
Street, San Fernando, on Thursday night
at the same time, but they were charged
The magistrate asked both Paul and
Lewis how they wished to be addressed,
whether as "herself" or "himself." Paul
said he preferred to be addressed as
Nikki when he was dressed "like this,"
but Lewis said: "I am a man." Both
pleaded guilty to the charge.
Prosecutor Sgt Chanardath Jhilmit
said Paul and Lewis, along with another
person, were seen by WPC Keisha Sealy,
who was on mobile patrol duty, standing
in a poorly lit area.
When WPC Keisha Sealy first
approached them around 9 pm and
inquired what they were doing there,
Paul and Lewis said: "Officer, we waiting
for a taxi."
When the officer returned around 10
pm they were still there.
Paul said: "I waiting for my friends,"
while Lewis said: "I waiting for my
When the officer returned a third
time around 10.47 pm, the accused were
still there. Paul s excuse was: "I waiting
for my house keys," while Lewis said:
"I waiting for driver."
Paul admitted the facts, but Lewis
disputed them. However, Lewis said he
wanted to maintain his guilty plea
because he did not want to "carry it
The magistrate then explained that
she had no choice but to enter a not
guilty plea on his behalf. Lewis said he
lived at Industry Lane, La Brea, but
stayed with his boyfriend at Aripero.
Lewis said it was the first time he was
arrested. The magistrate placed him on
$500 own bail to return to court on May
29. Paul, who was arrested on a previous
occasion on a similar charge, said he
worked as a housekeeper, but had been
unemployed for about two months.
He was fined $100. Paul has five days
to pay the money or serve ten days in
A police officer escorts Nicholas Paul, left and Keron Lewis from the San
Fernando Magistrates Court yesterday. PHOTO: TONY HOWELL
Men in dresses
Tableland student badly beaten
A 13-year-old student of
the Tableland Secondary
School was badly beaten in
her classroom on Monday
morning by three girls.
One of her attackers has
since been suspended for
seven days, while the other
two managed to get away as
a senior official at the school
claimed they were not
However, the victim, who
is a Form Two student, con-
firmed she was attacked by
three girls and not one, all
from her class.
The incident, which
occurred shortly after 10 am,
was recorded with a cellphone
camera by the girl s class-
The video was subsequently
uploaded on the social media
The video was also sent to
CNC3 s Crime Watch, where
host Ian Alleyne took up the
matter by airing the video in
a bid to highlight the serious-
ness of school violence in the
nation s classrooms.
Speaking with the T&T
Guardian yesterday, the stu-
dent s mother, Simi Wills, said
her daughter was attacked by
three girls and they were
shown in the video. Therefore,
she could not understand how
only one student was sus-
Wills also said the suspen-
sion was not adequate in her
eyes. "These girls beat my
daughter so bad and only
seven days one of them get.
The other two get away and
the principal telling me is only
one girl that attacked and my
daughter telling them it s two
girls and the video also shows
the three of them. Those girls
should really be expelled from
Wills said she was told by
her daughter that the fight
stemmed from some writing
that was done on the wall of
a bus shed near the school.
She has since called for an
intervention by the Ministry
of Education to have her
daughter transferred from the
Wills said her daughter was
now experiencing constant
headaches. "This has left her
so traumatised that since the
incident she is sleeping on the
bed with me."
She also added that her
daughter was afraid to go back
to school and she was now
seeking to have her trans-
"I plan to go to the Ministry
of Education in San Fernando
on Monday and lodge a formal
report and also complaint on
the principal and teachers for
their failure to protect my
daughter and seek her best
interest in this matter.
This has me very frustrated
and I keep thinking to myself
what if my daughter in self-
defence had reacted and
stabbed one of them, what
would have been her position
This is terrible and this
needs to be dealt with accord-
ingly by the ministry," Wills
JENSEN LA VENDE
Police are asking anyone
who may have filed a missing
person report for an adult to
contact the Homicide Bureau
in Arouca after a burnt body
was found off the Bypass
Road, Arima yesterday.
Police said the body was
completely burnt and there
waere no visible pieces of
clothing that might identify
Officers of the Arima Police
Station received information
that the burnt body was seen
in a forested area off the Bypass
Road around 9.15 .m. The body
was found by a passersby near
the old horse farm.
In an unrelated matter, police
have arrested a 21-year-old
Long Circular man who is sus-
pected to have shot and killed
a State witness earlier this year.
Investigators said the man
was held near his home on
Wednesday for the shooting
death of Nicholas Joseph.
On Carnival Tuesday night,
Joseph, 21, was killed near his
Dundonald Hill, St James,
home around 10.30 pm. Joseph
was the main witness in the
killing of Marlon Harewood,
35, who was killed on April 25,
Harewood s body was found
behind a neighbour s house at
Dundonald Hill, Belle Vue, St
James. Police said Joseph had
been receiving death threats.
A man is currently before
the Port-of-Spain Magistrate s
Court charged with Harewood s
Police seek help to identify burnt body
Links Archive May 1st 2015 May 3rd 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page