Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : May 8th 2015 Contents And Tebas wasted no time
lashing out at Villar
"It s an insane, audacious, and
irresponsible act by Angel Maria
Villar s institution, which doesn t
know what course professional or
amateur football should take,"
Tebas said in defense of the pro-
posed new law. "It s a challenge
to the league, and it only corre-
sponds to a personal agenda."
Tebas, as league president, has
argued that the new law will be
necessary for the league to try to
get a similar deal to the one struck
in February by the English Premier
League worth about 5 billion
pounds ($7.4 billion) for the
domestic rights alone for 2016-
19.Most Spanish clubs had been
pushing for years for the centralized
sale of TV rights, which they hope
will lead to a more equitable shar-
ing of the revenue. Currently,
Madrid and Barcelona strike indi-
vidual TV deals and take in about
140 million euros ($158 million)
each, compared to the next biggest
earners with about 40 million
euros ($45 million).
The new law, which needs to be
approved by parliament, would
take effect in 2016.
"The damages are terrible and
huge," Tebas said of the strike.
"Even in China they are worried
about the consequences it can have
on our sponsors.
FIFA official expresses
sympathy for Palestinians
RAMALLAH---FIFA s anti-racism
adviser says he hopes to work to
resolve the crisis between the
Palestinian and Israeli soccer fed-
The Palestinians have asked
FIFA to suspend the Israel Foot-
ball Association because of travel
restrictions on Palestinian play-
ers. Israeli officials say the
restrictions are security-related,
and Israeli soccer officials say
the issue is beyond their control.
Tokyo Sexwale, head of the
anti-racism sports initiative
Global Watch, said Thursday dur-
ing a visit to the West Bank that
"the suffering of the Palestinians
has to come to an end."
But he stopped short of
endorsing the Palestinian bid to
punish Israel and said "we are
helping (Israel) in the area of
sport to get out of the position
they have put themselves in."
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Friday, May 8, 2015
THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
CLAIM NO. CV 2013-02464
IN THE MATTER OF THE REAL PROPERTY ACT CHAPTER 56:02
IN THE MATTER OF THE APPLICATION OF
DOROTHY HAMILTON ALSO CALLED DOROTHY ANMARIE
HAMILTON OF NO. 10 HAMILTON DRIVE,
DE GANNES VILLAGE, SIPARIA, TRINIDAD
VESTING ORDER APPLICATION
TO: Any person having an interest in the parcel of land described in the
TAKE NOTICE that by Notice of Application filed on the 10th day of June,
2013 the above named applicant DOROTHY HAMILTON also called
DOROTHY ANN MARIE HAMILTON applied to the High Court of Justice for
the following orders:-
1. An Order vesting in the Applicant, for an estate in fee simple, ALL AND
SINGULAR that certain parcel of land described in the schedule hereunder
(hereinafter called "the said parcel of land").
2. A further Order that the Registrar General do dispense with the duplicate
Crown Grant in Volume 1723 Folio 461 and issue a new Certificate of Tile
to the Applicant in respect of the said parcel of land.
3. Such further or other Orders as the Presiding Judge may deem fit in the
THE SCHEDULE ABOVE REFERRED TO:
ALL AND SINGULAR that certain parcel of land situate at No. 10 Hamilton
Drive, De Gannes Village, in the Ward of Siparia, in the Island of Trinidad,
comprising TWO POINT ZERO FOUR SEVEN EIGHT HECTARES, be the
same more or less (being portion of a larger parcel of land comprising 9
Acres 3 Roods, and 10 Perches as described on the Certificate of Title in
Volume 1723 Folio 461), and bounded on the North partly by lands of
William Stephen, on the South by lands of Inez Soogrim and John Ramdeen,
on the East by lands of Alfred Geoffroy and on the West partly by a road
reserve 10.00 metres wide and partly by lands of William Stephen or how-
soever the same may be abutted, bounded or otherwise described in
Certificate of Title Volume 1723 Folio 461.
AND TAKE NOTICE that on the 9th day of March, 2015 the Honourable
Judge of the High Court dealing with the application ordered that notice of
the said application be advertised once per week for two consecutive weeks
in a daily newspaper of general circulation in Trinidad and Tobago.
TAKE NOTICE ALSO there will be a further hearing of the application on
MONDAY the 25th day of MAY, 2015 at 9.30 a.m. in Courtroom POS 4
at the High Court of Justice, Knox Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that any person claiming to have an interest
or estate in the said parcel of land may file an affidavit setting out particulars
of claim and/or appear in person or by an Attorney at Law at the hearing of
the application on the date and time stated above.
IN DEFAULT OF YOUR APPEARANCE at the next date of hearing the Court
may, in your absence, proceed to make any order it considers appropriate.
Dated this 30th day of April, 2015
ZURICH---Describing himself as a
"godfather" to women s football at
FIFA, Sepp Blatter has acknowledged
that its appeal still trails behind the
men s game.
Still, the Women s World Cup kicking
off June 6 in Canada can be a "market
opener," the FIFA president told BBC
World Service radio in an interview
Blatter challenged the teams in the
expanded 24-nation tournament to
help achieve that breakthrough by put-
ting on a high-quality show.
"Women s football must market
itself. It s a product and the product
must have quality," Blatter told the
British state broadcaster. "Now it s up
to the ladies in this World Cup to show
that it s a great event because the tel-
evision coverage will be done exactly
like the FIFA World Cup."
He recalled that FIFA started focusing
on women s football in 1988, when he
was its top administrator. The first
Women s World Cup was played in
"I consider myself a little bit as a
godfather of the organisation of
women s football in FIFA," Blatter said,
while accepting that "there is still a lot
"Women s football is still limping a
little bit behind," said the FIFA head,
who in 2004 suggested players could
wear tighter shorts to help market their
game. "Men s football should share
with women s football to get new part-
ners for women s football. It is not easy
because the market is focused on men s
In a rare interview during his cam-
paign to win re-election on May 29,
Blatter did not directly address his pur-
suit of a fifth term in office to extend
his 17-year presidential reign.
However, the 79-year-old Swiss did
promise to attend the month-long
women s tournament in Canada what-
ever the election result.
"I am very eager to know if 24 teams
is the right number," he said of a tour-
nament which had 16 teams four years
ago when Japan won in Germany. "I
am sure it is the right number but it
has to be confirmed by the quality of
the teams participating."
FIFA imposes new passport rule
for World Cup qualifiers
ZURICH---FIFA has tightened player
eligibility rules for the World Cup after
eight African qualifying matches were
defaulted for the 2014 tournament.
FIFA regulations for the 2018 pro-
gramme say that only passports are
"valid proof of a player s identity and
nationality." Each player s passport must
be shown to FIFA s match delegate the
day before kickoff.
The new rule states: "Identity cards
or other supporting official documents
shall not be accepted."
Seven different African teams fielded
ineligible players in qualifying group
matches for the 2014 World Cup, forc-
ing FIFA to award 3-0 wins to their
In 2013, FIFA s competitions director
pledged to "address something that
obviously went wrong."
Blatter says he's been 'godfather' for women's football
Links Archive May 7th 2015 May 9th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page