Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : June 26th 2015 Contents A35
Friday, June 26, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
NATIONAL CARNIVAL COMMISSION
OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES TO THE NATIONAL
CARNIVAL COMMISSION - CARNIVAL CELEBRATIONS 2016
1. The National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago (NCC) hereby invites suitably qualified entities,
firms and individuals to tender for the provision of the following services for Carnival 2016:
i) Rental of Chairs and Tables
ii) Rental of Tents
iii) Rental of Trailers and Portable Chemical Toilets at all venues
iv) Provision of Stage, Ramps, Decks and Watch Towers at Queen's Park Savannah
v) Provision of Stage, Ramps, Decks and Watch Towers at Skinner's Park
vi) Installation and Removal of Audio Visual System at all venues
vii) Rental of Trailer Artistes' Dressing Rooms at QPS and Skinner's Park
viii) Erecting and Dismantling of Calypso Tent at Queens Park Savannah
2. General guidelines, in the form of a Request for Proposal, can be collected at the office of the Corporate
Secretary of the NCC, #11 St. Clair Avenue, Port of Spain, upon payment of a non-refundable cash
deposit or certified cheque in the sum of TT$1000.00 (vat inclusive) at the Accounts Department of the
NCC between the hours of 9 am to 3 pm.
3. The required documents to be submitted include the following:
• Certificate of Registration, Incorporation, Continuance, and Annual Return
• Statutory Requirements i.e. valid VAT, NIS, Certificates up to date
• Written description of the Tenderer, including company background
• Organisational Chart of Tenderer's agency
• Organisational Chart of all personnel to be involved in contract
• Curriculum Vitae of key human resource
• Details on three (3) current major clients
• Insurance Certificates
4. Tax must be shown separately below the tender price.
5. Technical information can be obtained from the office of the Operations and Technical Services.
6. Request for Proposal packages will be available from Monday 29th June, 2015 between 9:30 am to 3 pm
7. The successful tenderer/s will be required to deposit with the NCC, a Performance Deposit of ten percent
(10%) of the value of each contract; or alternatively, provide a bond in the sum as a guarantee for the
proper performance of the contract. Upon the satisfactory completion of the contract, the deposit/bond will
8. Tenders should be enclosed in sealed envelopes addressed to "The Secretary, Tenders Committee,
National Carnival Commission" and deposited in the appropriate tender box located in the reception
area of the NCC's head office, #11 St. Clair Avenue, Port of Spain, no later than 3 pm on Friday 17th July, 2015.
9. Separate contracts may be awarded for each item or a combination of items.
10. NCC reserves the right to reject any or all proposals for failure to comply with any mandatory requirements.
11. The public opening of tenders will be conducted immediately after the closing at 3 pm at the NCC's
Corporate Office, #11 St. Clair Avenue, Port of Spain. The tenderer or his/her representative may be present
at the opening.
Tenders Committee, National Carnival Commission
SALE BY MORTGAGEE
A parcel of freehold land comprising of 9 Acres
2 Roods 39 Perches situate on a Road Reserve,
off Hunte Trace, Fishing Pond Road, Caigual,
The property is being sold "as is" without any
responsibility of the vendor to provide statutory
approvals, surveying data or warranty on its
suitability for use for any purpose.
The property is being sold subject to any existing
tenancies, occupancy or encroachments however
created or formed
BIDS MUST FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES HEREIN GIVEN
TO ENSURE THAT THEY ARE DULY CONSIDERED
Bids must be received by 3.00 p.m. 2015, July 14th
No late bids will be accepted
Unsuitable bids will not be acknowledged
The mortgagee does not bind itself to accept the
highest or any offer. The property will be sold subject
to all rates, taxes and other outgoings that may be
due at the time of the sale.
who are just looking for a better life in Europe do
not qualify for international protection.
"We need to contain illegal migration and this
should be our priority," EU President Donald Tusk
told reporters at a summit of the bloc s leaders in
"All those who are not legitimate asylum-seekers
will have no guarantee that they will stay in Europe."
European coast guards have been unable to cope
with the influx, with migrant reception centres in
Italy and Greece completely overwhelmed even as
the summer migrant crossing season is just beginning.
Hungary, for one, plans to build a border fence to
stop the flood of migrants entering from Serbia.
"We think there is only one solution---everyone
must defend their own borders," Hungarian Prime
Minister Viktor Orban told reporters as he arrived
for the summit.
"In the next years, millions are going to take to
the road if they feel they have a chance to get in,"
he said. "Economic migrants should not brought to
Hungary, but taken away from us."
EU leaders yesterday discussed a controversial plan
to share 40,000 of the refugees arriving in Greece
and Italy over the next two years. But many of the
28 nations are refusing to have migrant numbers dic-
tated to them from Brussels.
As the leaders haggled in Brussels, more migrants
landed at Italian ports. The Swedish navy ship Posei-
don brought 497 migrants to Catania after they were
rescued in the waters south of Sicily, as well as the
body of an elderly woman.
The migrants were at sea "for 10 or 12 days, and
they hadn t had any food or water," Poseidon Capt
Claes Jacobsson said. "Several of them were quite
Among the migrants were many Syrians, Eritreans,
Ethiopians and Sudanese, officials said. (AP)
BRUSSELS---The European Union s president yes-
terday called for a crackdown on migrants who are
only looking for jobs as opposed to those fleeing
war or persecution, as migrants keep arriving on
Europe s shores in ever-greater numbers.
More than 100,000 migrants have crossed the
Mediterranean and landed in Europe so far this year---
with almost 2,000 dying or going missing along the
way. Although many are fleeing war zones, others
EU head urges 'illegal
Migrants queue to receive their daily food distribution in a makeshift camp in
Calais, France, yesterday. AP PHOTO
Links Archive June 25th 2015 June 27th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page