Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : June 28th 2015 Contents A38
Sunday Guardian www.guardian.co.tt June 28, 2015
24th October, 1939 to 14th June, 2015
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT DEVELOPMENT
COMPANY LIMITED (IADC)
INVITATION TO TENDER
The International Airport Development Company Limited (IADC) is seeking
Proposals for the following concession at the Argyle International Airport,
St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Air Cargo Terminal Concession
The International Airport Development Company Ltd. (IADC) is hereby inviting
sealed proposals from qualified firms with demonstrable experience to Manage
and Operate an Air Cargo Centre at the Argyle International Airport on St. Vincent.
Proposal documents can be obtained at the Office of the IADC upon payment of a
non-refundable Proposal Fee of Two hundred and Seventy Eastern Caribbean
Dollars (EC$270.00) or (One Hundred United States Dollars USD100.00) by
cashier's cheque made payable to the International Airport Development Company
Ltd. A copy of the receipt must be submitted with the Proposal.
Proposers are advised that a Pre-Proposal Conference and site visit is scheduled
for Proposers on Friday 17th July, 2015 at 10.00 a.m. at the Boardroom, IADC
Office, Argyle International Airport, St. Vincent and is not mandatory. This meeting
and site visit would allow Proposers to acquaint themselves with the site on which
the facility is being constructed and to get background information on the Argyle
Airport project. Proposers are responsible for making their own arrangements to
attend this meeting and site visit.
Proposers should submit one (1) original and five (5) copies of the Proposal
enclosed in plain sealed envelope/s and labelled:
"Proposal for Air Cargo Center, Argyle International Airport"
Proposals must be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
International Airport Development Company Ltd.
Argyle International Airport
P.0. Box 2817
St. Vincent, West Indies.
Kuwait has detained the owner of a car that took
a bomber to a Shi ite mosque to carry out the coun-
try s worst ever militant attack, officials said yes-
terday, as thousands calling for national unity turned
out to bury some of the 27 killed.
Militant group Islamic State claimed responsibility
for the suicide bombing against 2,000 worshippers
praying at the Imam al-Sadeq mosque on Friday,
one of three attacks on three continents that day
apparently linked to hardline Islamists.
In Tunisia, a gunman killed 37 people including
Western tourists on a beach, and in France a decap-
itated body was found after an attacker rammed his
car into a gas container, triggering an explosion.
Officials said the bombing was clearly meant to
stir enmity between majority Sunnis and minority
Shi ites and harm the comparatively harmonious ties
between the sects in Kuwait.
The information ministry, in a statement, said
Kuwait would face the situation with "unity and sol-
idarity". It reiterated what it called the government s
strong stance on the freedom of religion and opinion,
noting these were rights protected by the constitu-
The interior ministry, which reported the vehicle
owner s arrest, said it was now looking for the driver
who vanished shortly after Friday s blast in Kuwait,
which has been spared the rampant violence of neigh-
boring Iraq and the recent spate of Islamic State
bombings of Shi ite mosques in Saudi Arabia, another
A security source told Reuters "numerous arrests"
had been made in connection with Friday s bomb-
At the burial site in the Sulaibikhat district, some
waved Kuwaiti flags while others bore the large
mourning banners, in red, black or green, that are
typical of Shi ite funerals.
Chants from the crowd included "Brothers of Sunni
and Shia, we will not sell out our country," "No
Sunni, no Shia, we are one Islam", "The martyrs are
the beloved of God" and "Down with Daesh! Down
with Daesh", an acronym for Islamic State. (Reuters)
hold flags as
the bodies of
buried in Al
Links Archive June 27th 2015 June 29th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page