Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 3rd 2015 Contents v
this includes penci s
Answer: 5 buses
43. a. The mode of a group of numbers
is the number that occurs the
most = 46
Answer: 46 years
b. The mean/average of a group of
quantities is the sum of the
quantities divided by the number of
288/6 = 48
Answer: 48 years
c. Mean=(288--66)/5=44 2/5
Answer: 44 2/5 years old
150 x $0.75c = $112.50
45. a. Volume of cuboid =
Answer: 108 000 cubic cm
108 000 cubic cm = 108 litres
Answer: 108 litres
Answer: 81 litres
1. Everyone agrees that walking is a good
form of exercise. (_____________)
2. Whom did you meet at the mall, yester-
3. There were several ripe mangoes on the
4. Neither Mr. and Mrs. Austin nor their
neighbor (is; are) attending the func-
5. Most of the flour (has; have) been
used in the recipe.
6. The cost of the two jerseys (is; are)
7. All except Suresh (was; were) playing
on the field.
8. The squirrel nimbly swung from branch to
branch to escape from the hunters.
9. The lifeguards experienced great difficulty
in rescuing the boy amidst the rough
10. Most of the eggs had been used in making
the double layer cake.
11. The stadium was completed through
the assistance of a kind benefactor.
12. The manager authorized his secretary
to pay the workers.
13. His name had been engraved on the gold
14. The matter was kept secret because of
15. Team A ran the fastest to arrive first at
the top of the mountain.
16. Brian Lara batted more elegantly than
most of the players on our local team.
17. Anjanie felt the proudest as she received
her special award.
18. Simba always growls louder than the li-
oness in their cage.
19. She sneezed so much times, yesterday
that she hurt her nose. (many) - to agree
with the plural "times"
20. Was it him or she whom we invited to the
movie? (he) - the verb 'to be' takes the
same case after it as before it (Nomina-
21. You must be sure and do all the problems
before I return. (sure to) - faulty expres-
22. Andy and his brother are accustomed with
playing with their neighbour's son. (to) -
23. Vegetables are usually scarce during the
wet season. rare, few, uncommon
24. The police caught the burglars who broke
into our school. bandits, crooks, robbers
25. The children were afraid to go near the
lions' cage. scared, terrified, frightened
26. The Secretary of the PTA asked us to
place the advertisement for the school's
concert in the Guardian Newspaper.
27. Sam is the most courageous boy in his
28. The judge ordered the defendent to stand
while the verdict was being read. defen-
29. Helth and wellness are two things that all
humans should always seek after. Health
30. Vashti thinks that Lee is a very strong op-
pernent in the upcoming debating compe-
31. Mrs. Rodney, the manager
of our school's cafeteria,
lives on my street.
32. Our tour guide led us
through a long, narrow , dark
passageway to get to the
33. "Are you going to swimming
practice today?" asked
34. The Caroni, Nariva , Ortoire
and Oropouche rivers are
the longest found in
35. Father asked me to lock the
doors , close the windows ,
lower the shades and turn
off the lights before I go
36. (a) The line "And soon began to sprout"
(Line 2) describes the beginning of
the germination (growth) of the
(b) (i) "come out"
37. (a) The seed did not want to grow into a
rose because roses have thorns.
(b) The poet described the lily as
38. The seed was most likely sad or very dis-
appointed when it learnt that it was a
39. The poem teaches us that we must not
criticise (say bad things about) others and
we must look carefully at our own
strengths and weaknesses.
40. "The Vain Little Seed" is a good title for
41. (a) Lines that divide the different regions
or sections of the world when drawn
on a map or globe are called lines of
latitude and longitude.
(b) These lines are referred to as
"imaginary lines" because they don't
exist in reality.
42 (a) Lines of latitude are the imaginary
lines drawn on a map or globe that
never touch each other.
(b) The equator is the longest line
43. (a) Areas between the Tropic of
Capricorn and the Tropic of Cancer
experience tropical climates.
(b) The Artic and Antarctic regions are
also referred to as the Polar Regions
because the North and South Poles
are situated at the Arctic and
44. Lines of latitude and longitude help pilots
to navigate their vessels so they can find
their way on the sea or in the air using a
45. "Lines that divide the Earth" is a suitable
title for the passage.
46. (a) Information about the different types
of nouns can be found on pages 3 and
(b) You will find additional information
about the topic "Agreement of
subject and verb" on page 8.
47. (a) You will most likely find additional
information about adverbs under the
(b) According to information given in the
Index, the formation of nouns is
linked to the formation of adjectives.
48. (a) This text-book would most likely be
used to do Language Arts (English
(b) Adverbs is linked to describing verbs
in the Index.
49. (a) The information in the Index is
presented in alphabetical order (from
(b) According to information given in the
Index, plurals can be formed for
nouns, verbs and adjectives.
50. The topic "Nouns" was most likely placed
first in the book because information
about nouns can be found from page 1.
Friday, July 3, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive July 2nd 2015 July 4th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page