Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 21st 2015 Contents A26
talk of trinidad
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Trinidad Cement Limited hereby invites tenders for the following:
Provision of Security Services to TCL (Trinidad
14th August, 2015
Operations) (2015 -- 2017)
Pest Prevention & Control Services (2015 -- 2017)
21st August, 2015
1. Tender packages can be obtained upon payment to TCL's Cashier, of a non-refundable fee of
TT$500.00 per tender. Payments via Linx, debit cards or Certified Cheques ONLY. Cheques
to be made in the name "Trinidad Cement Limited".
2. Tender packages will be disbursed, upon presentation of the Cashier's receipt, to the office of the
Procurement Manager, located on the 1st Floor of TCL's Administration Building, Southern Main
Road, Claxton Bay.
3. Tender packages are to be requested during the hours of 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. from Wednesday
22nd July to Tuesday 28th July, 2015(Weekdays Only).
4. Tenders must be accompanied by the following mandatory documents:
• The completed "Form of Tender"
• A company Profile
• Certificates of Registration/Incorporation/Continuance/Notice of Directors (as applicable)
• B.I.R. Clearance Certificate
• Valid V.A.T. Certificate
• Valid V.A.T. Clearance Certificate
• Valid Income Tax Certificate
• National Insurance Compliance Certificate
• Confirmed ability to provide a minimum of 90-days credit for payments
• Evidence of approval from the Ministry of National Security to Operate a Protective
Agency (Tenders for Provision of Security Services ONLY).
• Evidence of Public Liability Insurance - Minimum $6,300,000 per occurrence
• Evidence of Automobile Liability Insurance (for all owned, non-owned and hired automobiles
accessing TCL's compound) - Minimum $6,300,000 per occurrence
• Workmen's Compensation Insurance - In compliance with statutory requirements
5. The Tenderer shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of the tender
and TCL shall in no case be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or
outcome of ?the bidding process.
6. Trinidad Cement Limited reserves the right not to accept the lowest or any of the tenders received.
Sam Harrison, outgoing pres-
ident of the Rotary Club of Central
Port-of-Spain for the 2014-2015
term, says being able to uphold
the virtues of leadership during
the past year helped ensure the
success his team enjoyed.
Delivering a report at the organ-
isation s handing-over ceremony
held at Goodwill Industries on
Fitzblackman Drive, Woodbrook,
on July 4, he said, "Leadership is
not about me. Leadership is about
the empowerment of you. Lead-
ership is bringing people together
for a common cause. Leadership is
also about communicating. It is
about sitting down face to face and
understanding each other, I have
sought to arrive at consensus. I
have sought to benchmark stan-
dards. Above all, I have sought sol-
ace in the four-way test."
Harrison added, "You see, it may
be true, it may be fair, but it must
also build goodwill and better
friendships and it must also be ben-
eficial to all concerned. That
remains a beacon for our future. It
is what has brought Rotary this far
and what will bring our club into
the future. Those standards have
not gone unrecognised."
The Rotary Club of Central Port-
of-Spain was bestowed with the
public image citation recognising
its work in the development of a
public image plan and the initiation
of public relations activities,
enhancing the visibility of the club
in the community from Zone 34
of Rotary International which covers
the Southern United States and the
Caribbean. The club was honoured
with a 2014-2015 presidential cita-
tion from the outgoing president
of Rotary International Gary Wang.
Rotary Club celebrates
past year's success
Sam Harrison, outgoing president, Rotary Club of Central Port-of-Spain,
presents Lara Quenthrall-Thomas, past district governor, with an
Brian Camacho, left, and Maurice Moniquette.
Rabindra Outar, assistant district governor, left, Charmaine Allison John-Baptiste
and husband Anthony John-Baptiste.
Barbara Alleyne, president, Rotary Club of Central Port-of-Spain, and past
president Gerard Mendez.
Cerone Prevatt and Leslie Welch dance merrily.
Links Archive July 20th 2015 July 22nd 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page