Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 21st 2015 Contents A51
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
SERVICE COMMISSIONS DEPARTMENT
A Office of Planning Officer I (Range 46)
Ministry of Food Production
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the above men-
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements
Training as evidenced by a first degree in Economics or in Agriculture with the Economics
option for a recognized University.
Range 46: $9,456 -- $11,115/ $11,802 per month (2013).
For further details persons wishing to apply can access the Advertisement, the Application
Form and the Job Specification at the Service Commissions Department and on the
website at www.scd.org.tt
Interested persons must submit their application no later than 7th August, 2015 to The
Director of Personnel Administration, Service Commissions Department:
52-58 Woodford Street
Persons who have applied previously and who still wish to be considered for
appointment to the office are advised to re-apply in response to this Advertisement.
INCOMPLETE AND UNSUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
Please see the website for details on:
a) Information/documents to be submitted; and
b) Applications which are deemed incomplete and unsuitable.
ZURICH---Sepp Blatter will stay in control
of world football for seven more months
after resisting calls to step down immedi-
ately ahead of a presidential election, which
Fifa decided yesterday will be on February
26.A defiant first public appearance by Blatter
since his resignation statement last month
began in pandemonium as he was showered
in fake money by a comedian who gatecrashed
the media conference at Fifa s headquarters.
"Where is my security?" Blatter shouted.
The interruption provided an awkward
reminder of a far more serious incident for
Fifa in May, when the arrest of football and
sports marketing officials plunged the game s
ruling body into its deepest crisis.
Jolted by dual American and Swiss criminal
investigations into football corruption, Blatter
suddenly announced four days after being
elected for a fifth term that he would leave
"It was not only the pressure of any
authorities ... it was also the pressure of
political interference and also the pressure
of you, media," said Blatter, who is a target
of the US investigation. "I had to do some-
thing very special and I did it. In footballing
terms, I kicked the ball out of the field to
Fifa s executive committee decided at a
meeting yesterday on the February election
date and Blatter ended weeks of uncertainty
by insisting he would not perform one of
his renowned about-turns by in fact being
"On the 26th of February Fifa will have
a new president," Blatter said. "I cannot be
the new president because I am the old pres-
The 79-year-old Blatter, who first joined
Fifa 40 years ago, has held onto the most
powerful job in world football since 1998.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, who lost to Blat-
ter in May, had said earlier yesterday: "Pres-
Fifa vote to be held February 26 ident Blatter s resignation cannot be dragged out any
longer. He must leave now."
But while Blatter said he felt "regret" about the
crises, he insisted he would not be "abandoning" the
presidency until a successor is elected by the 209
"I am still the elected president by 133 national
associations and I will use my mandate as president
... to make sure that when at the end of February I
come at the end of my career I can say the Fifa we
have started again---with the reforms," Blatter said,
highlighting the need to "rebuild the reputation of
The February 26 date was seen as a political victory
for Blatter over UEFA and other confederations, who
thought they had agreement on Sunday for January
15. Instead, Blatter and senior vice president Issa Hay-
atou cited the importance of the second-tier African
Nations Championship---a tournament for little-
known home-based players---hosted in Rwanda from
January 16-February 7.
Presidential candidates must gain five nominations
from Fifa s 209 member associations by an October
26 deadline. Only former Brazil great Zico and Liberia
football federation president Musa Bility have so far
expressed their intention to stand. Other potential
candidates are Prince Ali and UEFA president Michel
Platini, who is still mulling over his decision.
In a statement Platini limited himself to saying:
"Now we have a concrete date, which means we can
look forward to new leadership which will surely bring
with it new ideas and new solutions."
Platini welcomed the creation of a reforms task
force, which will consider introducing term limits,
integrity checks for executive committee members
and pay details. Blatter declined repeatedly yesterday
to reveal his salary.
But Blatter did respond to calls from World Cup
sponsor Coca-Cola and former Fifa advisers Trans-
parency International to appoint an independent
person to oversee the reforms required to shape the
organisation s future. (AP)
NEW YORK---Former Fifa vice president Jeffrey
Webb no longer has time on his hands.
The indicted football official is providing 11 luxury
watches to secure the $10 million bond that provided
his release from custody along with his wife s wedding
ring, three opulent cars and 10 properties.
According to an order filed yesterday setting the
conditions for release, Webb secured the bond with
five Rolex watches plus a Cartier Roadster, Hublot,
Breitling, Panerai, Royal Oak Offshore and Luminor
The government noted that the Hublot has not
yet been turned over to the FBI and must be provided
by August 2.
Webb s bond also is secured by a 2015 Ferrari and
2014 Range Rover in the name of his wife, Dr Kendra
Gamble-Webb, a 2003 Mercedes-Benz in his name
and a 401k account in his wife s name.
His wife s diamond wedding ring also is security
along with a diamond bracelet, diamond and pearl
necklace, one pair of pearl earrings, one pair of long-
hanging diamond earrings, and Rolex and Hublot
watches. Her partnership equity interest in a company
whose name was redacted also was used.
In addition, bond was secured by ten properties.
Jeffrey Webb, a citizen of the Cayman Islands who
has a home in Georgia, was arrested in Switzerland
in May and extradited to the United States. He pleaded
not guilty Saturday to racketeering and bribery
charges, part of an indictment of nine football officials
and five marketing executives alleging a $150 million
bribery and kickback scheme. Four others have plead-
As a condition of his bond, he must reside within
20 miles of US District Court in Brooklyn and is
paying for electronic monitoring and home detention.
He agreed not to associate with Fifa, Concacaf, South
America s governing body or any of his co-defendants
and co-conspirators. Webb and his wife also agreed
to surrender all of their passports.
Webb posts 11 luxury
watches, 3 cars to secure
Links Archive July 20th 2015 July 22nd 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page