Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 31st 2015 Contents A61
Friday, July 31, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
NATIONAL CARNIVAL COMMISSION
OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES TO THE NATIONAL
CARNIVAL COMMISSION - CARNIVAL CELEBRATIONS 2016
1. The National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago (NCC) hereby invites suitably qualified entities,
firms and individuals to tender for the provision of the following services for Carnival 2016:
i) Rental of Chairs and Tables
ii) Rental of Tents
iii) Rental of Trailers and Portable Chemical Toilets at all venues
iv) Provision of Stage, Ramps, Decks and Watch Towers at Queen's Park Savannah
v) Provision of Stage, Ramps, Decks and Watch Towers at Skinner's Park
vi) Installation and Removal of Audio Visual System at all venues
vii) Rental of Trailer Artistes' Dressing Rooms at QPS and Skinner's Park
viii) Construction and Dismantling of Calypso Tent at Queens Park Savannah
2. General guidelines, in the form of a Request for Proposal, can be collected at the office of the Corporate
Secretary of the NCC, #11 St. Clair Avenue, Port of Spain, upon payment of a non-refundable cash deposit
or certified cheque in the sum of TT$1,000.00 (vat inclusive) at the Accounts Department of the NCC
between the hours of 9 am to 3 pm.
3. The required documents to be submitted include the following:
• Certificate of Registration, Incorporation, and Continuance, Annual Return
• Statutory Requirements i.e. valid VAT, NIS, Certificates up to date
• Written description of the Tenderer, including company background
• Organisational Chart of Tenderer's agency
• Organisational Chart of all personnel to be involved in contract
• Curriculum Vitae of key human resource
• Details on three (3) current major clients, including contact information
• Insurance Certificates
4. The tender must clearly state the total bid price both Inclusive and Exclusive of Value Added Tax.
5. The tender must be shown the any amount of Tax separately and below the tender price.
6. Technical information can be obtained from the office of the Operations and Technical Services Manager.
7. Request for Proposal packages will be available from Monday 3rd August, 2015 between 9:30 am
8. The successful tenderer/s will be required to deposit with the NCC, a Performance Deposit of ten per-
cent (10%) of the value of each contract; or alternatively, provide a bond in the sum as a guarantee for the
proper performance of the contract. Upon the satisfactory completion of the contract, the deposit/bond will
9. Tenders must be enclosed in sealed envelopes addressed to "The Secretary, Tenders Committee,
National Carnival Commission" with description and RFP ID# and deposited in the APPROPRIATE ten-
der box located in the reception area of the NCC's head office, #11 St. Clair Avenue, Port of Spain between
9:00 am to 3:30pm but no later than 3 pm on Friday 7th August, 2015.
10. Separate contracts may be awarded for each requested service or a combination of the requested services.
11. NCC reserves the right to reject any or all proposals for failure to comply with any mandatory requirements.
12. NCC reserves the right to discontinue the Tender Process.
13. The public opening of tenders will be conducted immediately after the closing at 3 pm at the NCC's
Corporate Office, #11 St. Clair Avenue, Port of Spain. The tenderer or his/her representative may be
present at the opening.
Tenders Committee, National Carnival Commission
CHICAGO---Paris Saint-Germain claimed
the International Champions Cup with a 2-
0 victory over Manchester United on
Wednesday night at Soldier Field.
Off the field, PSG might be on the verge of
scoring another victory over the Red Devils.
Following the game, PSG manager Laurent
Blanc said his squad is close to finishing a
deal with Manchester United for talented mid-
fielder Angel di Maria, who didn t make the
trip to the US for the four-match series.
"As Manchester United and Paris Saint-
Germain are very big clubs, negotiations can
be difficult," Blanc said through a translator.
"But I feel negotiations are close to the
The transfer fee could be as high as $71.7
million for di Maria, who spent last season
with Manchester United after the Red Devils
picked him up from Real Madrid for an even
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal
wouldn t confirm that a deal is imminent.
The victory, before 61,351 spectators, brought
PSG the trophy for the series of summer exhi-
bitions. They tied the New York Red Bulls
with ten points on 3-0-1 records, but took
the tiebreaker on goal differential.
SHANGHAI---Real Madrid won the Chinese
edition of the International Champions Cup
yesterday by beating AC Milan 10-9 on penal-
ties following a 0-0 draw in Shanghai.
Madrid goalkeeper Kiko Casilla converted
with a right-footed shot to the top left corner
and then saved Gianluigi Donnarumma s
Real Madrid beat Inter Milan 3-0 in
Guangzhou on Monday. The Chinese zone of
the pre-season tournament featured Real
Madrid, Milan and Inter Milan.
Real Madrid gets by
AC Milan on penalties
COMMERCE CITY---The news kids in the league
can play a little bit.
Kaka and David Villa, a pair of 33-year-old inter-
national icons in their first season in Major League
Soccer, showed they still have some panache to
Kaka scored on a penalty kick and set up Villa s
goal minutes later in the first half to help the best
players in MLS beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 on a
blustery Wednesday night.
The MLS improved to 9-3-1 against international
competition in its All-Star Game. Kaka, who served
as the team s captain, was selected the game MVP.
"Not bad for my first All Star," said Kaka, a mid-
fielder for Orlando City. "I didn t expect that for
"Everybody is happy, because tomorrow in the
soccer world everybody will talk about the MLS
All-Star team beating a very good European team."
Kaka helps MLS All
Stars get past Spurs
Angel di Maria
Links Archive July 30th 2015 August 1st 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page