Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : August 14th 2015 Contents Area of square =
length of side x length of side =
Area of triangle = 1/2 x bh =
Total area =
Answer: Perimeter - 58 cm,
Area - 176 square cm
42. Amount paid =
Answer: $5 560.00
43. Cost of 50 toy trucks =
Profit = 20/100 x $28/1 = $5.60
Selling price for 1 toy truck =
$28 + $5.60 = $33.60
SP of 50 toy trucks =
Answer: $1 680.00
45. Angle ACB = 180 degrees -- (35
degrees + 65 degrees) = 80 de-
90 degrees -- angle c = 80 degrees
= angle d
Answer: angle d
46. Size of angle for food = 180 de-
grees -- 60 degrees = 120 degrees
Fraction spent on food =
120/360 = 1/3
Amount of money spent on food =
1/3 x $2400/1 = $800
1. bought (past tense); wrapped
2. glancing (present participle);
realized (past tense)
3. knew (past tense); stolen (past
4. stood (past tense); were (past
5. (adj) --describes 'people'
6. (pro) --represents 'all the leaves'
7. (adj) -- describes the number of
8. (pro) -- represents 'any one'
13. They carefully transported the
huge mirror to the customer's
14. Heavy rains had caused ...
15. Our neighbour is annoying,
meddlesome ... talkative...
16. extensive (adjective)
17. relieved (the verb is needed
18. security (the noun form is re-
19. recall (the verb is needed)
20. finish up; (finish)
21. amount; (number) -- the noun
"parents" is countable.
22. around; (about) -- incorrect us-
age of the word
23. His precise description of the
thief helped the police.
24. After leaving his job, our
principal decided to spend his
retirement living in a remote
25. In most countries, citizens over
the age of sixty-five receive a
26. As captain of his school's cricket
team, Brian gained the respect
of his fellow players.
27. Our mother did not accept our
excuse for returning home late
from school on Friday.
28. Mohammed Ali, the world's
greatest boxer, was formerly
called Cassius Clay.
29. We were all scared after hearing
the creapy story Martin told at
the campfire. creepy
30. Everybody complained about
the bad whether experienced
during the rainy season. weath-
31. Sir Vidia Naipaul, the
England when he
was very young.
32.Ravi's dog is lost
and he doesn't know
where to start
looking for it.
33. "Identify yourself!"
the guard exclaimed.
34. The chirping birds,
the warm sunlight,
the grey sand and
the cool sea breeze
are the things that
draw me to the
35. "I've a long wayto
travel and it's late, "
the old man said.
36. Hummingbirds were the animals
described in the passage as
37. The word "myriads" (Sentence
1) suggests that there were
large numbers (countless) of
38. The phrase, "smiled with ex-
treme merriment," suggests the
characters were experiencing
39. A toucan's large beak is a possi-
ble explanation for its "clumsy
40. Barney and Martin were most
likely at the zoo. (A forest is an-
other suitable answer.)
41. (a). hasten - hurry; rush; move
(b). wheedled - coaxed; talked;
(c). hoard - hide; store; amass;
collect; put aside
42. The line, "And slumber far from
his round head", most likely
means that he was not thinking
about going to bed (sleep).
43. Jack most likely read story (fic-
tion) books (stories that were
44. Jack most likely read his books
in bed at night.
45. Candles most likely provided
light for Jack to read at night.
46. Kathy was sleeping while Ako
was at Cub Scout meeting.
47. Kathy spent one hour more than
Ako doing homework over the
48. (a). Going to church can be
considered a family activity.
(b). The activity took place on
49. Driving her younger sister to the
park suggests that Kathy maybe
older than Ako.
50. Ako getting to grandmother's
house by walking suggests that
she lived close by.
Friday, August 14, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive August 13th 2015 August 15th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page