Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : August 25th 2015 Contents B36
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Tuesday, August 25, 2015
A Company operating in East Trinidad is currently recruiting for the following positions for
STRICTLY PART-TIME WORK:
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS -- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Close interaction with foreign visitors and citizens who are departing and arriving on flights.
• Screening of Passenger travel documents to determine validity for domestic and
• Processing of incoming and outgoing of flights with the Governmental Authorities in
accordance with Laws, procedures and regulations and the fostering of an excellent and pleasant
working relationship with All State Authorities, Customers, the General Public and coworkers
• Flight Bookings and Ticketing
• Technical Duties relating to flight operations
• Bi-lingual capabilities would be an asset
AVIATION SECURITY AGENTS -- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Close interaction with foreign visitors and fellow citizens who are departing and arriving on flights.
• Physical and Electronic Screening of passengers, travel documents, their luggage and cargo.
• Controlling and monitoring access to restricted areas including Aircrafts.
• Interception of prohibited items and substances and invalid travel documents.
• Report writing and investigations.
AIRPORT BAGGAGE HANDLERS -- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handling of passengers' baggage both in outdoor and indoor conditions.
• The physical ability to lift packages and baggage by hand up to 70 pounds (proper
technique training shall be provided)
• The physical ability to work in confined and movement restricted spaces requiring bending,
crouching and kneeling and pulling and pushing of packages of varying weight and dimensions.
• A valid driver's permit will be an asset.
The following is applicable to all of the above positions:
• he above positions are strictly for persons who wish or require to work NIGHTS ONLY,
WEEKENDS ONLY, PUBLIC HOLIDAYS ONLY or a combination of all of the above.
• Minimum of two days off per week
• Monthly Attendance Incentives
All interested applicants are required to submit their application to:
The Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 558, Wrightson Road, Port of Spain
E-mail to email@example.com
Please title emails with the desired position being applied for as stated above. 0821058
Human Resource Manager
Institute of Marine Affairs
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
Unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged.
The Institute of Marine Affairs is an agency of the
Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources
Application and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae including
the names of three (3) referees, should be submitted no later
than August 31 2015
• From Page B34
"Givers get" is the mantra of
successful networking. Help oth-
ers succeed or find what they
need, and they will return the
favor. Establishing a good network
will make your next job search
easier - just don t drop it as soon
as you find your next job.
Tapping into the
Hidden Job Market?
• 1.) PUSH - Reach out to the
hidden job market
• 2.) PULL - Bring the hidden
job market to you
• 3.) MAINTAIN - Keep your
Reach out to potential employ-
ers and potential co-workers, but
reach out socially as a student,
colleague, business colleague, or
mentor not as a job seeker.
One of the most effective ways
to reach out is to volunteer to
help a cause (or a candidate)
important to you. There are many
benefits to volunteering. Partic-
ularly when you are unemployed,
volunteering can be a great way
to add new skills and experiences
to your resume, meet new people
with whom you share something
important, and get out of the
house for a good reason. It s good
for your spirits to help someone
else, and it gives you something
concrete to discuss when an
interviewer asks you about what
you did during "the gap" between
When ever possible, volunteer
to do something that adds expe-
rience and new skills to your
resume so that both you and the
organization benefit from your
time investment. Volunteering is
also an excellent way to fill a
"gap" in employment when you
are unemployed for several
Volunteering can also be won-
derful networking! You ll be
meeting and working with new
people for a common cause.
Real - and Virtual -
Even if you consider yourself
to be very shy, these groups can
be very helpful in connecting you
with potential employers and co-
workers, and they can also help
you stay up to date with what is
happening in an industry or pro-
fession. Social Networking Web-
sites are becoming more and more
popular and important methods
of connecting with people you
know and even, carefully, meeting
For professionals in a job
search, LinkedIn is used by many
the majoring of recruiters. They
find candidates qualified for their
job opportunities by searching
through the LinkedIn Profiles. Social
networks work by offering people the
ability to create, or to manage, a public
profile telling people who they are
and what they do and reaching out
to friends and colleagues to enable
them to reach people they may need
to contact for their business, their job,
or their job search.
Recruiters do use these sites, espe-
cially LinkedIn, to find qualified people
for their open jobs, so they are a very
important alternative to job boards -
in many cases a more effective alter-
and Societies are usually plentiful and
very useful for job seekers.
They can help you in more tradi-
tional situations when you add the
association s name to your resume (in
a professional or industry affiliations
category, for example), and that name
is used as a keyword by a recruiter
searching through an applicant data-
base on a Web search engine.
Links Archive August 24th 2015 August 26th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page