Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 4th 2015 Contents SECTION 111
41. SI = $45000/1 x 8/100 x 4/1 =
Amount repaid =
Answer: Interest - $14 400.00,
Amount repaid - $59 400.00
43. a. 360 degrees - (90 degrees +
60 degrees + 30 degrees) =
Answer: 180 degrees
b. Fraction for Food = 1/2
Whole amount =
Fraction for clothes =
30 degrees/360 degrees = 1/12
Amount spent on clothes =
1/12 x $6000/1 = $500
44. Percent correct on first test =
72/81 x 100/1% =
Percent correct on second test =
29/42 x 100/1% = 2900/42% = 69
2/42% < 88 8/9%
Answer: The first test
45. SI = $5000/1 x 14/100 x 6/12 =
Amount at end of 6 mths =
Answer: $5 350.00
46. Area of bottom rectangle =
Area of top rectangle =
Total area =
130 + 138 = 268 cm square
Answer: 268 cm square
1. Aren't you (Are you not) coming
over, this evening?
2. We've (We have) visited that
3. She'll (She will) let you know as
soon as she is ready.
4. We are sure that he didn't (did
not) try hard enough to complete
5. The baker used most of the flour
in making the sponge cakes
6. The mechanic had repaired
Daddy's car within two days.
7. The winning team made a mas-
sive score during the semi- finals.
8. Sherry is feeding all her puppies
before she goes to work.
9. STING The heat of the midday
sun stung them as they
walked along the beach.
10. GROW In a short time, the little
plant had grown into a
tall tree. (Past Part.)
11. RISE Jennifer rose at six a.m.
yesterday to keep an
12. MEAN We had really meant to
tell you all that had
happened at the game.
13. beautiful; distant It took an ex-
tremely long time to reach the
distant historical site.
14. ravenous; vicious The ravenous
dog had gobbled down the large
bowl of chow.
15. light; stuffed Devon found that
the stuffed packages of gro-
ceries were quite heavy.
16. Mr. Phillip told his employees, "I
hope that you will complete the
project by next week."
17. Miss Carla informed her class,
"From today, you should know
that Mrs. Mungal is our new Prin-
18. "How long again do we have to
wait before it's recess?" Suresh
enquired from Ms . Richards.
19. Being that it was raining heavily,
the match had to be postponed.
(Since, Because) -- incorrect
20. Either the girls or their sister
know about the missing key.
(knows) -- to agree with the
noun "sister" nearest to the
21. Only yesterday we heard her said
that she would be unable to at-
tend. (say) -- incorrect verb form.
22. None of us are needed to assist,
tomorrow. (is) - a singular verb
is always used with words such
no one, anyone, none, and so on.
23. Before my performance I was so
nervous I could hardly stand still.
24. The witness gave the police an
accurate description of the felon.
25. Being a good class prefect, Sean
had gained the respect of his fel-
26. Most modern societies have
problems dealing with their
27. The Scout was commended for
28. Before the pilot started his (de-
cent, descent) he asked the pas-
sengers to put on their seat
29. Countries in the Northern hemi-
sphere have lately been experi-
encing severe changes in their
30. The Caribbean is made up of a
"string" of tropical isles.
31. Russell Latapy, as
well as, Dwight Yorke
was a valued member
of the elite Trinidad
& Tobago football
team that qualified
for the World Cup.
32.Mr.Singh, our school's
principal, won a prize
for a book he wrote.
33.Freda, Martha, June
and her brother Sean
are graduating from
Secondary School this
34. The thief climbed the
fence, unlocked the
garage door , selected
the most expensive
car and drove off.
35.In the Caribbean
French is spoken in
Martinique , Guadeloupe ,
Haiti and St. Marten.
36. The mountain called the squirrel
"Little Prig" in the poem.
37. (i). former - first named, called,
or listed; earlier named, called
(ii). latter - last named, called or
(iii). spry - nimble; sprightly;
active; agile; quick
38. The mountain is most likely cov-
ered with forest trees.
39. The phrase, "Talents differ" (Line
17), most likely means that dif-
ferent people or things have dif-
ferent abilities or can perform
40. "The Quarrel", is a suitable title
for the poem.
41. Ninety five percent of the world's
rice is produced by Asian coun-
42. The main food value of rice is
43. The vitamins contained in the
rice crop are mostly removed dur-
ing the milling and polishing
44. Rice does not contain all the pro-
teins, fat and vitamins (things
found in meat and vegetables)
needed by humans to stay
45. "Rice Production", is a suitable
title for the passage.
46. To find information about the use
of the comma, you would have to
look through pages 47 -- 54.
47. You would most likely find infor-
mation about the use of words
such as under, into and across
under the heading "Parts of
Speech" and the sub-heading
48. You would most likely find the
rule "A singular subject takes a
singular verb" in Chapter 6.
49. Three (3) chapters (7, 8 & 9)
most likely deals with writing let-
ters, stories and essays.
50. You would most likely use this
reference (text) book to study
Friday, September 4, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive September 3rd 2015 September 5th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page