Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 11th 2015 Contents No. of buses for 1 student =
1 divided by 45 = 1/45
No. of buses for 168 students =
1/45 x 168/1 = 168/45 = 3 33/45
Answer: 4 buses
42. a. $389.05 -- $343.67 = $45.38
b. Std. 3 - $340.00
Std. 4 - $250.00
Std. 5 - $390.00
c. Total collected = $343.67 +
$248.95 + $389.05 = $981.67
$1 000 -- $981.67 = $18.33
43. Valueof$5bills 1-$5
Value of $10 bills 14 - $140
13 - $130
Answer: 6 - five dollar bills and
9 - ten dollar bills
44. The average/mean of a group of
quantities is the sum of the quanti-
ties divided by the number of
Average = 17 = total/6
17 x 6 = total = 102 (cross multiply)
Total for the 5 days =
No. of customers on the 6th day =
total for the 6 days -- total for the 5
Answer: 28 customers
45. Increase = 5/100 x $12750/1 =
New price = $12 750 + $637.50 =
Answer: $13 387.50
Answer: 1 2/3 cups of tuna
1. (a) Come immediately! You might
miss the (b) early bargains.
(a) Interjection (b) Adjective
2. If you come (a) around, tomorrow
(b) that will be our last meeting.
(a) Adverb (b) Pronoun
3. We do not (a) care (b) who does
it, once it is done quickly. (a) Verb
4. Please put down all pens (a) after
the sound of the (b) third bell. (a)
Preposition (b) Adjective
5. It is always difficult to part (with ;
from) very valuable items.
6. The children were prevented (from
; at) bathing in the pool.
7. There is a need (of ; for) much rain
in many of the Caribbean islands.
8. The players were vexed (with ; at)
the unsual decision to postpone
9. Yesterday we met the girl (whose;
who) brother is captain of our
10. Tomorrow, the class will visit the
museum (that; what) is one of our
11. Please let us know (whom; who)
will accompany us to the movies
12. That bat with (which; what) he
opened the innings, is his lucky bat.
13. Neither the tomatoes nor the kilo-
gram of potatoes (has ; have)
been packed in the bag.
14. One boy among the players (was ;
were) wearing a knee band.
15. Either the ice cream or the muffins
(is ; are) to be served as dessert.
16. Each child received a halves (half)
of the huge mango. -ve to -f
17. The princess lives in a majestic
chateaux (chateau) in the moun-
tains. unusual spelling
18. The farmer had put his cattle (cat-
tle) to graze in the grassy savanna.
19. Mummy used her scissors (scis-
sors) to cut the piece of cloth.
20. We admire Anthony for his hon-
esty but not his selfishness. (not
21. The twin sisters both love one an-
other. (each other) - to refer to
22. We would have told her about it,
before if we did know about it on
31. Lucy's mother took her
to the park on Saturday.
32.Ladies' handbags are
on sale at all branches
33.The children's lunch
bags are in the
34.The driver parked his
employer's car in the
35.Our town's post office
is situated on Main
36. Our pledge asks us to render serv-
ice to God and our country.
37. We must show respect to our par-
ents, teachers, leaders, elders and
those in authority.
38. Line 11, "Of every creed and race,"
suggests that there are people of
different religious beliefs living in
39. The word "honour" means re-
40. The line, "To work together with
my fellowmen," suggests that we
should strive for unity among the
different groups of people living in
41. A budget is a plan showing how
money is received and how it is
42. Money received by the govern-
ment is called revenue or income.
43. The payment of salaries and other
recurrent expenditures take up
most of government revenue.
44. A budget with a favourable bal-
ance on spending means that rev-
enue or income is more than
expenditure and government has a
45. The Minister of Finance is most
likely responsible for the prepara-
tion of the national budget.
46. USA is presently leading the tour-
47. Five points are most likely
awarded to a team winning a
48. If Mexico wins the two remaining
matches the team would occupy
49. USA and Mexico have not yet lost
50. Trinidad and Tobago would most
likely occupy the third place.
TEST EVERY WEDNESDAY
WITH ANSWERS ON FRIDAY
STUDY TIPS FROM ANUSHA SAHA
1ST PLACE STUDENT IN THE 2015 SEA EXAMINATIONS
Friday, September 11, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive September 10th 2015 September 12th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page