Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 23rd 2015 Contents Q o s See your Friday Guardian
for the Answers
Do any one (1) of the following:-
1. Suppose: You have recently entered a cooking
competition . What dish do you intend to prepare
so as to win this competition? What ingredients
would you use and what would be the name of
your recipe? Why do you think that you would
have a very good chance at winning in this con-
test? Answer these questions as you write a
story that begins with the following line: "I was
about to have a most exciting experience and I
would make sure that I emerge as the overall
2. Sometimes, there are things that bother you and
may even make you become worried (apart from
the SEA Examination) as you begin this new
term in your school. Write a letter to a close
friend that begins with the following line: "Oh
my gosh! This really has me deeply worried..."
3. Most likely, everyone in your class is hoping to do
well in the next SEA examination. Besides this,
what would be one (1) extra thing (Choose
from Music, Art, Craft or Sport) that you will re-
ally like to do successfully by the time you are
ready to leave your standard five class? Write a
letter to a relative that begins with the follow-
ing line: "I hope to do well in my SEA examina-
tion but I would also love to participate in (name
the activity from those given, above) by the time
I am ready to leave school..."
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Replace each underlined word/phrase with a
Next week, George and his family (They) will
visit their favorite aunt.
1. The city of Port of Spain (____________) is an
extremely busy place.
2. Why should Yvette and I (____________) have to
explain this any further?
3. Every morning, my older sister (____________)
usually leaves home at six o'clock.
4. Are all the vegetables (__________) on the
B. Put in an apostrophe 's or s' to show owner-
ship in the following sentences.
The Young Ladies' club will hold their first meet-
ing, this evening.
5. Larry and Eddie garage is popular for high quality
6. Misty black coat is extremely furry.
7. Mummy buys all her bread at Shirley and Angela
8. Our football players uniforms certainly look quite
C. Form a suitable word from each word on the
left to complete the following sentences.
SIT Guests were asked to take their seats half
an hour before the show started.
There was some ______________ in
his muscles after the strenuous
The patient accidentally took an
____________ of the medicine.
11. PROUD Elise takes much ________________
in her work.
It is always noble to do at least one
good ____________ each day.
D. Join each part in Section A to one of the sen-
tence parts in B to form complete sentences.
E. Change the following into Reported Speech.
(S1) "Can you wait until I arrive? Shivonne asked
her friend, Arlene.
(S2) Shivonne asked her friend, Arlene if she
could wait until she (Shivonne) arrived.
16. "Please let me know by next week if you will ac-
company us to the show," Faye informed her
17. "Did you see the latest Television show that
aired last night? Andy enquired from his cousin,
18. Mr. Davis warned the children, "Climb down from
there, immediately before you get injured!"
F. Each of the following sentences contains an
error. Read each sentence well, underline the
error then write only the correction inside the
Does either you or your brother really know how
to solve the puzzle? (Do -- to agree with "you"
which always takes a plural verb)
19. We rather pasta to rice for lunch.
20. Yesterday, Maureen heard Peter said that the
match had been postponed. (_____________)
21. The coach had spoken to the player with regards
to his rude attitude. (_____________)
22. Claire love to eat meat but my sisters and I pre-
fer vegetables. (_____________)
VOCABULARY / SPELLING / PUNCTUATION
A. Complete each of the following sentences with
a word that is similar in meaning to the phrase
in brackets after each sentence.
His actions were very __________. (not kind)
Answer: His actions were very impolite.
__________________ mobile telephones are very
popular among students. (payment in advance)
Continued on the next page
Ex. It is always difficult. into the bank.
13. After an hour, the
thieves were able to
for the arrival of the
14. The customer with-
drew some money to part with one's valu-
15. The workers waited
from the ATM ma-
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Links Archive September 22nd 2015 September 24th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page