Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 25th 2015 Contents 1. The city of Port of Spain (It) is an
extremely busy place.
2. Why should Yvette and I (We) have
to explain this any further?
3. Every morning, my older sister
(She) usually leaves home at six o'-
4. Are all the vegetables (they) on the
5. Larry and Eddie's garage is popular
for high quality work.
6 . Misty's black coat is extremely furry.
7. Mummy buys all her bread at
Shirley and Angela's bakery.
8. Our football players' uniforms cer-
tainly look quite impressive.
9. STIFF There was some stiffness
in his muscles after the
10. DOSE The patient accidentally
took an overdose of the
11. PROUD Elise takes much pride in
12. DO It is always noble to do at
least one good deed each
16. Faye asked her friend, Allie whether
she could kindly let her know by the
following week if she (Allie) would
accompany them to the show.
17. Andy enquired from his cousin,
David whether he (David) had seen
the latest Television show that had
aired the night before.
18. Mr. Davis warned the children that
they should climb down from there,
immediately before they got injured.
19. We rather pasta to rice for lunch.
(prefer) -- a suitable verb has to be
20. Yesterday, Maureen heard Peter
said that the match had been post-
poned. (say) - a simple form of the
verb is used, here
21. The coach had spoken to the player
with regards to his rude attitude.
(regard) - incorrect word
22. Claire love to eat meat but my sis-
ters and I prefer vegetables. (loves)
- to agree with the 3rd person, Sin-
gular form "Claire"
23. Prepaid mobile telephones are very
popular among students.
24. The residents of the building were
asked to assemble at the muster
point when the fire alarm went off.
25. The recent harsh floods in North
and East Trinidad made the resi-
26. BELIEF disbelief
27. PROPER improper
28. Kathy wrote a letter (while, wile)
her brother Ravi spoke to their
mother on the telephone.
29. The gardener used some (steaks,
stakes) to prevent the tomato vines
30. To mint a (cent, sent, scent) costs
more than its purchasing value.
31. Before I left for school
I washed the dishes,
took out the trash,
watered the plants
and fed the dogs.
32. My pet cat has a coat
of white fur, a grey
tail and black paws.
33. I bought these books,
stationeries at the
34.Mrs. Smith, our music
teacher, rides a
bicycle to school.
35. Leo,as well as,his
brother Che, sings in
our school's choir.
36. (a). The poet compares the
movement of the boat to the
floating movement of a bird.
(b). The tides (waves) help the
boat to move on the water.
37. (a). Line 6, "The sky is shining
brightly," suggests it was a
(b). The word "merrily" (Line 13)
suggests the boat was happy.
38. The "boat" is most likely afraid of a
39. A young child is most likely saying
40. This event of a person sailing a boat
is most likely not taking place since
the poet refers to his mother's arms
as the boat.
41. (a). Scientists who study the lives
of plants and animals are
(b). Living things are "connected"
by their feeding relationships.
42. (i) minute - small; tiny; wee
(ii) option - choice; selection;
(iii) designed - created; made;
43. (a). Bacteria and fungi are
responsible for changing
plants and animal tissues to
(b). Animals that eat both plant
and animal tissues are called
44. (a). Man belongs to the group of
animals called omnivores.
(b). Animals that "chew their
cuds" are called ruminants.
45. The digestive systems (includes the
teeth, stomach and intestines) of
animals are specially adapted to
deal with the different types of food
46. "We are all connected" is a suitable
title for the passage (Students will
give other suitable titles)
47. You will find information about the
different types of nouns on pages
three and four.
48. You will find additional information
about 'agreement of subject and
verb' on page eight.
49. Additional information about ad-
verbs would most likely be found
under the topic "Verbs."
50. The topic "Nouns" was most likely
placed first in the book because its
numbering starts from page one.
Ex. It is always diffi-
into the bank.
13. After an hour,
the thieves were
able to break
for the arrival of
the next bus.
14. The customer
to part with
15. The workers
waited patiently from the ATM
Friday, September 25, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive September 24th 2015 September 26th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page