Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 28th 2015 Contents Monday, September 28, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
7. The duty of the security officer requires him to record
every person that is entering or leaving the premises.
A. The security officer is duty bound to record
all persons entering and leaving the prem-
B. The security officer has been recording all
persons leaving and entering the premises.
C. The security officer will record the activities
of all persons entering and leaving the prem-
D. The security officer, as part of his duties,
should be required to record every persons
entering or leaving the premises.
8. In two weeks, you will have the satisfaction of saying
that you have successful completed your Master Pro-
A. In two weeks you will have the satisfaction
of having successfully completed your Mas-
B. In two weeks, you would have succeeded at
your Masters Programme and the attain-
ment of your goal.
C. You will have the satisfaction of seeing your
Master Programme through to completion,
in the next two weeks.
D. When you complete your Masters Pro-
gramme in two weeks you will have the sat-
isfaction of saying you did it.
9. Every time we sing the National Anthem; it serves as
a reminder to our people that we are all one.
A. Every time we sing the National Anthem, we
learn the value of being one people.
B. Every time we sing the National Anthem it
unites as a nation.
C. Singing the National Anthem serves to re-
mind us that we are one people.
D. The National Anthem serves as a reminder
to our people that we can coexist.
10. The missionaries were greatly encouraged by the
numbers of persons who stopped to offer them assis-
tance, when their vehicle broke down.
A. The missionaries we were overwhelmed by
the number of persons who came to their
B. The missionaries were heartened by the
number of persons who offered assistance
when their vehicle broke down.
C. The missionaries were elated with the sup-
port they received from persons as their ve-
hicle broke down.
D. There was an outpouring of support for the
missionaries when their vehicle broke down.
DIRECTION: Read each sentence carefully. Select from the
four options given the word or words best suited to com-
plete the sentence.
11. In the days ahead, the company will be reviewing its
business processes with a view to ............... its efficiency.
DIRECTION: Read each sentence carefully then select the
word that is NEAREST in meaning to underlined word in the
1. The partners were not amenable to the proposal made
by the potential investor, but they are open to discus-
2. We tried to obtain the driver's license and insurance
certificate, from the man who hit our vehicle, but he
3. The arbitrator assigned to the Family Court to treat
with our matter remained neutral throughout the hear-
4. She suffered injury at the start of the season and since
then she has been lethargic.
5. In his review of the new software program, the infor-
mation technician identified the nuances specific to
A. Fine distinctions
B. New features
DIRECTION: Read the sentences carefully. Each sentence
has four options, review the options and select the one that
is CLOSEST in meaning to the original sentence.
6. Mr. Roberts was only too pleased to share avocadoes
from his tree with his neighbours.
A. Mr. Roberts was eager to share avocadoes
with his neighbours.
B. Mr. Roberts shared with his neighbours avo-
cadoes from his tree.
C. Mr. Roberts' neighbours have benefitted from
his willingness to share avocadoes from his
D. Mr. Roberts was delighted to share avocadoes
from his tree with his neighbours.
12. Freedom of Speech gives us the opportunity to ex-
press our opinions and thoughts, but our ................. need
to be respectful and responsible.
13. As senator of a conservative party, it is not surprising
that his views on the subject are...............................
14. Please ................ yourself of all the refreshments that
have been provided for you.
15. I have introduced more fruits, vegetables, greens and
grains to my diet to address any ........... in nutrients.
DIRECTION: Read the following sentences carefully. No
sentence contains more than one error. Some of the sen-
tences are incorrect because of grammar, vocabulary or
idiom. Identify the part of the sentence which is incorrect
and select the letter which corresponds with your answer. If
the sentence is appropriate as it stands mark your answer D.
16. The global economic situation continues tenuous
in light of falling oil prices. No Error
17. On our last visit to Toco, Subesh, Trevor and me
visited the light house. No Error
18. The differences between the three teams are level of
skill, agility and discipline. No Error
19. How can I be of assistance to you during your
period of rehabilitation. No Error
20. Her friends are the ones who encourage her to speak
Continued on the next page
Links Archive September 27th 2015 September 29th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page