Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : October 16th 2015 Contents 1. The vendors (They) were selling
all sorts of vegetables (them) at
2. The smaller girl (She) had given
the directions to my friends and
3. This colorful pencil case (It) be-
longs to my sister. (her)
4. Andy, our cricket captain (He) re-
ceived an award from Ms. Ali, our
5. This mango is mine but that ripe
one is your mango. (yours; theirs)
6. Their address is close to Port of
Spain while our address (hers;
ours) is in South Trinidad.
7. Can you take his snack for him but
let them come for their snack
8. That gift belongs to her. It is her
gift. (yours; hers)
9. The children sat around while
their mother told them a story.
10. The class was told to look down
the page and underline any diffi-
cult word. (Prep.)
11. The players ran around the circle
during the game. (Prep.)
12. The host invited all the guests to
sit down. (Adv.)
13. CALL Our grandfather likes to
recall the days when he
was a teenager.
14. MOIST Peter moistened a piece
of tissue to clean his
15. DANGER His unruly behavior has
popularity of the team.
16 COLD Daddy cooled his tea
before drinking it.
17. The children asked their grandpar-
ents, "Can we visit you sometime
during next week?"
18. "Why were you so late this morn-
ing?" Ms. Thomas enquired from
Adam and Ellen.
19. They themself will assist you if
you need help. (themselves) -- to
agree with the plural form "they"
20. Sheema and him are in the same
class. (he) -- The Subject pronoun
form is needed here.
21. The three girls were arguing with
each other. (one another) -- used
to refer to more than two per-
22. These are my magazines but
yours' are on the table. (yours) --
incorrect word. form
23. Wolves and foxes are believed to
be the descendants of dogs.
24. Wolves and foxes are flesh-eaters
and hunt in packs.
25. The members of the pack corner
their victim and take turns to at-
26. This is perhaps the reason why
the preferred diet of tamed dogs
is meat (flesh) and they would
usually fight off other animals
27. It is very difficult to seperate
some mixtures. separate
28. It is a priviledge to give service to
those who are less fortunate than
29. Marc was not intrested in going
to the planetarium with us. inter-
30. The heigth of the building was
twice its width. height
31. Although it is very
dark, it is now two
32.It's very difficult to
drive an automobile
when rain is falling.
33. "I couldn't care less!"
the cook exclaimed.
34. "I can't come to the
phone!" exclaimed Joe.
35.It is not that I don't
like you, it is only
that you make me
angry too often.
36. (a). The fairy queen is most likely
singing the fairy song.
(b). The fairy queen asked the
fairy elves to follow her and to
37. (a). The line "Through keyholes
we do glide" suggests that
the fairy elves were very
(b). The line, "Hand in hand, let's
dance a round" suggests that
the fairies held each other
while they danced.
38. (a) mortals - human: men; people
(b) nest - beds; places where
39. (a). The phrase "trip it" most
likely means to dance around.
(b). The phrase "Unheard and
un-espied" suggests that the
fairy elves move very silently
and no one saw them.
40. The poem reflects a very happy
41. (a). The first thing someone must
do before building a boat is to
draw out full size the shape of
(b). The phrase "full size" most
likely means the actual size
(of the boat).
42. The author gave up the idea of
using plywood to draw out the
shape of the hull because plywood
was too expensive.
43. (a). initial - first; primary
(b). expensive - costly; dear
(c). discarded - threw away;
rejected; abandoned; cast off;
44. The author used brown tarpaper
to draw out the hull of the boat.
45. "First steps in boat building" is a
suitable title for the passage. (Stu-
dents also give other suitable titles)
46. Twelve (12) countries are partici-
pating in the football tournament.
47. (a). Football matches are to be
played at five (5) different
stadiums in Trinidad and
(b). One (1) stadium is located in
48. (a). The most number of matches
will be played at the Has l
(b). Four (4) matches are to be
played at the
49. Two matches are most likely to be
played in Tobago.
50. Different matches would only be
played at the
stadium on the same day.
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Friday, October 16, 2015
Links Archive October 15th 2015 October 17th 2015 Navigation Previous Page