Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : October 23rd 2015 Contents 42. Length of garden with sidewalk =
Perimeter of square =
Answer: 52 metres
Alana age = 7 + Brianna age b
Answer: Alana - 24 years old,
Sarah - 12 years old,
Brianna - 17 years old
44. 4 squares is added to each
Answer: 29 squares
45. a. Cost of 2 footballs =
Cost of 3 pairs of socks =
Total cost =
50/100 x $367/1 = $183.50
b. Answer: $183.50
46.a. 1/4cupx6/1=1 1/2cups
Answer: 1 1/2 cups of raisins
b. Amount of reduction =
1/3 x 2/1 tbsp = 2/3 tbsp
Amount of cornmeal used =
Answer: 1 1/3 tbsps of cornmeal
1. Yesterday, our friends, Alex and
Candace came to play with us.
2. Gail, together with Denise and
Faye were seated in the porch.
3. Will Peter and Aaron accompany
Mummy to the grocery?
4. Is the secondary school located on
the main road in the town?
5. Jerry listened attentively to the
important instructions. (care-
6. Our netball captain joyfully ac-
cepted the award for the team's
victory. (joyfully; reluctantly)
7. The man nervously carried the
large glass pane across the street.
8. After an extremely long walk, the
hikers wearily sat down for a rest.
9. David packed the football gear,
which he had just bought, into the
10. As a wise decision, the manager
decided to postpone the match to
complete the finals.
11. If you want to perform well, it is al-
ways better to practise regularly.
12. Peter is six centimetres taller
than his brother, Mark (Adj.)
13. On weekends, we like to run
around the savanna. (Prep.)
14. The graduates received many
beautiful prizes for their school
15. We think that our neighbor, Mr.
Phillip is a most generous person.
16. Last week, we visited our father's
17. A kind man always has many
18. We usually awake at sunrise.
19. One of the six mangoes that was
in the bag is now fully ripe. (were)
- to agree with "mangoes"
20. The monkey, as well as the other
animals are sleeping in their cages.
(is) to agree with "monkey"
21. The competitors had to run, swim
and cycled to complete the race.
(cycle) -- must continue with the
22. Saran shared the cookies among
Carla and me. (between) - is used
to refer to two persons
23. The month of October is often
dedicated "Teachers' Month" in
24. There were more scholarship win-
ners this year based on the CAPE
25. Sita has won the admiration of
her classmates because of her
ability to sing classical Indian
26. The school choir sang at our princi-
pal's retirement party.
27. Rohan thinks that Ako is a very
strong oppernent in the upcoming
debating competition. opponent
28. "My dog eight my homework
notebook!" exclaimed Peter. ate
29. The waiter asked us (weather,
whether) we would like cake or ice
cream for dessert.
30. Father placed (stakes, steaks) in
the vegetable garden to prevent
the tomato seedlings from top-
31. "Curtis and Jenny have
been selected to
represent our school
at the Scrabble
Tournament," said our
32. "I have lost my school
bag!" cried Chris.
33. "Don't worry,"saidHenry,
"we'll help you find
your book bag."
33. "Leo and Patsy will
accompany us to the
park to look for your
book bag," said Henry.
35. "What a naughty boy!"
the old lady exclaimed.
36. The boy compares the colour yel-
low to softness and warmth.
37. The boy uses all the human senses
except sight because he is blind
and cannot see the colours.
38. The boy uses the colour red to de-
scribe the sound of a musical in-
39. The boy describes dreams in the
poem as pleasant stillness.
40. The poem reflects a pleasant
A common use of wind energy
before electricity was invented
was in the shipping industry
(that is to move boats and
ships over the waters).
The most common source of
energy today is petroleum.
The term "environmentally
friendly" most likely means
producing things that do not
harm the environment.
The wind is referred to as "air
in motion" because wind is air
that is moving about.
"The Wind" is a suitable title
for the passage.
46. Chapter 1 should be consulted to
find information about the discov-
ery of Trinidad.
47. Information about the slave trade
may be found on five pages (21-
48. The two countries that most likely
owned Trinidad are Spain and
49. You would most likely find infor-
mation about the first ship that
brought East Indians to Trinidad in
50. The title of the Head of State im-
mediately before Trinidad & To-
bago became a Republic was most
likely 'Governor General'.
Friday, October 23, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive October 22nd 2015 October 24th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page