Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 2nd 2015 Contents Monday, November 2, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
7. All efforts to reach the courier by phone proved
fertile. No Error
8. Three of our local players have received
lucrative contracts to play football for
international teams. No Error
9. We are fortunate with parents to have seen us
through every kind of adversity. No Error
10. Our electricity cost have been reduced
significantly since the installation of energy
saving air- condition units. No Error
DIRECTION: Read each sentence carefully and select
from the four options given the word or words best
suited to complete the sentence.
11. When I left the Caribbean, it took me several
weeks to ............................ to the weather in the
12. Had the mother not been .............................. the baby
would have suffocated.
13. Much of the advice given to me by teachers
twenty years ago has .......................... with me to this
14. Raquel has a likeness for .............................. jewellery
from the late nineteenth century.
15. Persons who have had Chicken Pox are more
DIRECTION: Read each sentence carefully and then se-
lect the word that is NEAREST in meaning to the under-
lined word in the sentence.
1. Mrs. Stevens confiscated the football from the
children, when she realized they were kicking the
ball into the neighbour's yard.
2. When the police arrived at the scene where the
residents were protesting, the crowd dispersed.
3. Uncle Allan is notorious for telling some incredu-
4. If you surf the internet, I am sure you can find a
dress that would be easy to replicate.
5. Groups such as Scouts, Girl Guides and Cadets
help to foster growth and leadership in the lives of
young people, through the values they espouse.
DIRECTION: Read the following sentences carefully.
No sentence contains more than one error. Some of the
sentences are incorrect because of grammar, vocabulary
or idiom. Identify the part of the sentence which is in-
correct and select the letter which corresponds with
your answer. If the sentence is appropriate as it stands
mark your answer D.
6. The land surveyors have valuated the property at
Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars.
......................... to Shingles.
DIRECTION: Read the sentences carefully. Each sen-
tence has four options, review the options and select
the one that is CLOSEST in meaning to the original
16. Mr. Chong has been gracious enough to mentor
the students for one year after which, one stu-
dent will be given the opportunity to join his
A. The opportunity to join Mr. Chong's practice is
available to all students who have undergone
the mentorship programme.
B. Mr. Chong has agreed to mentor the students
for one year at the end of which; one student
will be given the opportunity to join his practice.
C. One student will be given the opportunity to
join the practice of Mr. Chong upon successful
completion of the mentorship programme.
D. The students will be mentored by Mr. Chong;
on successful completion of the programme
one student will join his practice.
17. The retreat proved to be a great team building
exercise for the new members, who will join with
the association to bring relief to those most in
A. The retreat was a great team building oppor-
tunity for new members of the association,
who aim to bring relief to those most in
B. The association held a retreat for new mem-
bers who will join their efforts with existing
members, to bring relief to those most in
C. A team building exercise was held for new
members of the association to bring relief to
those most in need.
D. New members of the association attended a
team building retreat which will in their
quest bring relief to those most in need.
18. Plans to rent the beach house for Easter have
not materialised, as the house is fully booked
until the end of June.
A. The house is fully booked until June and will
therefore not be available for Easter.
B. The beach house will not be available for Easter
as it is fully booked.
C. Rental of the beach house for Easter has not
materialized; as the house is fully booked until
the end of June.
D. Any plans to rent the house for Easter are un-
likely, as the house is booked until the end of
Continued on the next page
Links Archive November 1st 2015 November 3rd 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page