Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 20th 2015 Contents Plus 10 min break
Length of time spent hiking =
6 hrs 24 mins
Answer: 6 hours 24 minutes
44. 40 triangles
46. a. Cost of first 100 buttons =
$0.25c x 100 = $25
Cost of next 200 buttons =
$0.20c x 200 = $40
Cost of the rest (550 -- 100 -- 200
= 200) = 250 x $0.15c = $37.50
Total cost =
$25 + $40 + $37.50 = $102.50
b. Selling Price of 550 buttons =
550 x $0.50c = $275
c. Profit on 550 buttons =
$275 -- $102.50 = $172.50
1. She is (someone ; nobody) whom
you can easily like.
2. The problem was so difficult that
(no one ; many) could solve it.
3. (Many ; most) of the flour was
used in the recipe.
4. (None ; Several) of the guests
were already seated.
5. She won't (will not) tell us unless
we ask her.
6. They're (They are) happy that we
will be visiting, soon.
7. Why couldn't you (could you not)
visit us tomorrow, instead?
8. We are not too sure whether he'd
(he would) be able to assist you,
9. The campers looked around but
saw no one. (Adv.)
10. "Run down the road and buy some
bread, please," Mummy told An-
11. The passenger on the ship re-
mained below during the storm.
12. Walking around the beautiful
grounds was most relaxing.
13. SHAKE Dennis and the other
boys shook the tree
vigorously so that the
ripe fruit could fall.
14. STING The farmer was acci-
dentally stung by a bee.
15. TEAR The vicious wind had
torn the wooden. wall
of the building.
16. KNOW Knowing her has been
a most pleasant experi-
17. Neither Jerome or Steve and Andy
(was ; were) chosen on our cricket
18. Ice cream along with doughnuts
(is ; are) being shared among the
19. Neither my friends nor I (has ;
have) ever visited that place.
20. Don't you think that there were
over three hundred people at the
beach, yesterday? (in incorrect ex-
pression- "more than")
21. Being that you have arrived early,
we can certainly go to the show,
together. (Since) - incorrect ex-
22. Your corporation in solving this
problem will be always welcome.
(cooperation) - incorrect word
23. The lifeguard reacted swiftly
when the toddler fell into the pool.
quickly; rapidly; speedily;
24. Over the years, I have amassed
quite a lot of unwanted items in
my bedroom. collected; accrued;
gathered; built up; piled up
25. ANNUAL Our club's treasurer
prepares and presents
a budget annually.
26. EASY The porter easily lifted
the two heavy bags.
27. The seamstress had to altar the
hem in my sister's dress. alter
28. The country experienced very bad
whether on Divali night so many
devotees could not light deeyas
29. The farmer tied the tomato vines
to (wooden, wouldn't) (steaks,
stakes) driven into the ground.
30. The parrots were perched on the
lowest (bow, bough) of the orange
(three, tree) in my backyard.
31. Jody says that she's
hungry but Tina is
32. Although we tried
very hard, we couldn't
persuade Karen to
accompany us to the
33. "Chaguanas is the
fastest growing town
in Trinidad, " said Ravi.
34. "Would you and Sheila
go wIth me to the
zoo on Sunday?"
asked Mrs Lee.
35. "I've done everything
I can to save the
36. (a) brawny - muscular, strong
(b) lust - (strong) desire, thirst
(c) slay - kill, murder
37. People who do the kind of work as
Tubal Cain does are called black-
38. Tubal Cain's pains was caused by
the knowledge that the weapons
he made were used to kill people.
39. Soldiers used the objects made by
Tubal Cain as weapons to fight
40. The poem reflects a sad (regret-
41. a). Electricity is a form of energy.
b). An electric current is also
called an electric charge or flow of
42. a). Electricity flows through a
path called a circuit.
b). A switch is a device in a house
or on appliances to cause a "gap"
in the flow of an electric current
when in the "off" position.
43. a). A closed circuit will cause an
electric current to flow without in-
b). Materials that allow electricity
to pass or flow through them are
44. a). The electricity we use in our
homes is most likely produced in a
power company (like POWER-
b). Portable devices such as flash-
lights would most likely get their
power from dry cells (often called
45. To make a device that would not
allow an electric current to pass
through it, you would have to
choose materials from the cate-
gory called insulators.
46. a). Star Travels is the name of the
travel agency offering the special
b). The cruise boat is called the
47. People interested in making a
booking can use the telephone or
48. a). The cruise boat sails five days
b). The Pleasure Queen would
most likely return from the cruise
at 6:00 pm.
49. For an adult to get the special
price of TT $400, he or she must
be a parent of an SEA student.
50. "All inclusive" most likely means
that you have paid for all services
(food and drinks as well as an oppor-
tunity to participate in all entertain-
Friday, November 20, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive November 19th 2015 November 21st 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page