Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 4th 2015 Contents 39.Baseoftriangle=14--6=8
Area of triangle =
1/2 x base (b) x height (h) =
Area of total rectangle =
Area of shaded part =
Answer: 120 square cm
41. a. 100+60=160
Answer: 160 students
c. 10 students
$3 500 divided by $100 =
Answer: 2 11/12 years
44. a. No. of reptiles =
25/100 x 700/1 = 175
No. of amphibians =
45/100 x 700/1 = 315
Answer: 175 reptiles and
b. No. of herd animals =
No. of herd animals that are not
giraffes = 210 -- 36 = 174
Answer: 174 animals
45. a. 9 dots
Answer: 16 dots and 25 dots
46. Difference = 7 times -- 5 times =
Answer: 500 metres
1. Many children had gone on the
field trip. (Adj)
2. We shall use another to complete
the building. (Pro.)
3. Many were invited to the wedding.
4. This is another way of doing it.
5. The guests did not arrive until it
was almost five p.m.
6. Seema couldn't remember from
whom she had borrowed the book.
7. The match was still played al-
though the ground was soggy.
8. Mr. Forde is the person whose
wife is an excellent baker.
9. Neither my sister nor I have ever
visited that place.
10. One of the pigs which are in the
sty is the mother.
11. Most of the flour has been used in
12. (Our Aunt) She will accompany
(our sisters and me) them to the
mall, next week.
13. (My pups) They were so thirsty
that they drank (a huge bowl of
water) it this morning.
14. (My brother and I) We love to
help (our father) him to do his
15. (Sherry) She works in (an office)
it in central Trinidad.
16. Please put the (a) six marbles (b)
in the paper bag. (a. Adj ; b. Prep.)
17. (a) Any person will be (b) quite
suitable. (a. Adj. ; b. Adv.)
18. His (a) selfishness towards (b)
others was most deplorable.
(a. Noun ; b. Pronoun)
19. (a) After the dessert was served,
most of the guests went (b) out-
side. (a. Conj. ; b. Adv.)
20. Please let us know as soon as
everything is finish. (finished) -
the Past Part. Is needed.
21. Our dog, like so many other special
breeds, need much care. (needs) -
to agree with "dog"
22. We can't hardly wait for the week-
end to arrive. (can) - avoid double
23. Ravi decided to exit the room
through the door at the back of
the building. (Other words -- hind,
24. Our school principal scolded us for
our unruly behaviour at the foot-
ball match yesterday. (Other
words -- punished, chided, re-
buked, admonished, disciplined)
25. Our school's debating team was
very pleased with the arrange-
ments made by the host team for
the upcoming finals.
26. Many of the Mighty Sparrow's
compositions are still very popular
27. Many artists did not gain recogni-
tion for their work until long after
28. The angry man (through, threw)
the clock (through, threw) the
window when it alarmed this
29. Our (principal, principle) pos-
sesses strong (principals, princi-
ples) regarding our behaviour at
30. It was difficult to apply the
(brakes, breaks) while the car was
in the (forth, fourth) gear
31. The judge assigned
as his legal guardian.
32.Shanti, as well as her
cousin Sonya, plays
football for her school.
33.Lee, the oldest boy in
the class, is our
teacher's choice for
34. "You can't have
another piece of
chicken" , said mother.
35. These application forms
require us to fill in
our names, telephone
numbers, e-mail and
36. The boy compares the colour yel-
low to softness and warmth.
37. The boy uses all the human senses
except sight because he is blind
and cannot see the colours.
38. The boy uses the colour red to de-
scribe the sound of a musical in-
39. The boy describes dreams in the
poem as pleasant stillness.
40. The poem reflects a pleasant
41. The colours of stars can tell their
size, hotness and brilliance.
42. (i). indicate - tell; specify; show
(ii). brilliant - shiny; bright; radiant
(iii). related - associated;
43. The passage states that the
biggest stars are red in colour but
our sun is yellow.
44. The passage states that the
largest stars are cooler and the
smallest stars are hotter.
45. "Stars," or "Types of Stars," are
suitable titles for the passage.
46. Police has the most points in the
47. Three (3) points are most likely
awarded to a team when it wins a
48. If Village Connection wins its next
match it would most likely have a
total of twenty-nine (29) points.
49. Phoenix and Village Connection
are most likely to play against each
50. If Phoenix wins its next match
there will not be a change in the
standing. (Three (3) points added
to its now thirty-one (31) will not
meet nor beat WASA's thirty-five
Friday, December 4, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive December 3rd 2015 December 5th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page