Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 13th 2015 Contents Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Sunday, December 13, 2015
• 3 tbsp melted butter, divided
• 1 cup milk, warmed for 30 seconds in the microwave (should be luke-
warm to warm)
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Using a pastry brush, coat 8 muffin cups with 1 tablespoon of the melted
butter and put the tin in the oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the eggs in
a blender until light yellow.
3. Add the warmed milk and blend. Add the flour, salt and remaining melted
butter, and blend until smooth. Pour the batter into the warmed muffin tin
and return it to the oven to bake until golden, about 35 minutes. Remove
from the oven and serve warm.
(Recipe courtesy Melissa d'Arabian, Food Network.com)
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup yellow cornmeal
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tbsp baking powder
• 2 tsp kosher salt
• 2 cups milk
• 3 extra-large eggs, lightly
• 1/2 pound (2 sticks) un-
salted butter, melted, plus
extra to grease the pan
• 8 ounces aged extra-
sharp Cheddar, grated, di-
• 1/3 cup chopped scallions,
white and green parts,
plus extra for garnish, 3
• 3 tbsp seeded and minced
fresh jalapeno peppers
1. Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt
in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs,
and butter. With a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients
into the dry until most of the lumps are dissolved. Don't over-
mix! Mix in 2 cups of the grated Cheddar, the scallions and
jalapenos, and allow the mixture to sit at room temperature
for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9
by 13 by 2-inch baking pan.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and
sprinkle with the remaining grated Cheddar and extra
chopped scallions. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a tooth-
pick comes out clean. Cool and cut into large squares. Serve
warm or at room temperature.
(Recipe courtesy Ina Garten, Food Network.com)
• 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup good olive oil
• 1 loaf ciabatta bread
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process
until minced. Add the parsley, oregano, salt and pepper and
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan and add the garlic
mixture. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Slice the ciabatta bread in half horizontally, and spread the
butter on 1 half. Spread the garlic mixture on the other half
of the bread, and put the halves together. Wrap the bread
in aluminium foil.
5. Place the bread in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Open
the foil, and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes.
(Ina Garten, Food Network.com)
1. Place milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Re-
move from the heat, stir in the butter and sugar and let
cool. Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit until foamy.
Combine milk mixture, eggs, yeast, salt, and 1/2 of the flour
in a mixer with the dough attachment and mix until
smooth. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir
until a smooth ball forms.
2. Remove from the bowl and knead by hand on a floured sur-
face for about 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl, cover, and
let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 60 to
70 minutes. On a floured surface, punch down the dough
and shape into desired shapes. Place on a parchment
paper-lined baking sheet. Cover again and let rise until dou-
bled, about 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
from the oven and brush with melted butter before serv-
• 1-1/2 cups milk
• 1 stick (8 tablespoons)
unsalted butter, cut into
pieces, plus more for
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 package active dry
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 3 large eggs, lightly
• 1-1/2 tsp salt
• 6 cups all-purpose flour
Parker House Rolls
(Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay,
Links Archive December 12th 2015 December 14th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page