Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 25th 2015 Contents 37. The average/mean of a group of
quantities is the sum of the quanti-
ties divided by the number of quan-
1821/5 = 364 1/5
Answer: 364 1/5
72 3/7 = 72.428
Answer: 74 cm
Answer: 102 cm
Distance around 3 times =
Answer: 474 metres
Answer: 92 cm
Answer: 22 units
Difference = 22 - 18 = 4 units
Answer: 4 units
Difference = 4 units
New perimeter =
30 units + 4 units = 34 units
Answer: 34 units
Difference = 6 units
New perimeter = 30 units +
6 units = 36 units
Answer: 36 units
Answer: 60 units
Answer: 120 units
1. Dennis gave his sister, Sheeba
(her) a beautiful birthday present.
2. We will visit our grandparents,
3. Next week, our aunt Petra will take
my brother and me (us) for a
4. The vendor put the kilo of toma-
toes (it) into the bag.
5. HARD The citizens had
hardship during the
6. BIND Jeffrey has an amazing
bond with his pet,
7. PROUD Mary's success as an
athlete had brought
much pride to her
8. EXPOSE Excessive exposure to
the heat had caused the
hikers to become
12. Pat and Ernie's restaurant serves a
wide variety of delicious dishes.
13. I think that those are Martin's
14. Did you borrow Carlos' bat, yester-
15. Annie advised her friend, Sandy
that she should kindly inform them
if she could no longer accompany
them to the fiesta.
16. Mr. Ellis advised the members that
they should remember that they
would meet again, at that same
time, the following week, to con-
tinue that discussion.
17. Andy told his friend that he was at
his own home when the earth-
18. Either she or you has made a terri-
ble mistake. (have) - to agree with
19. Daddy consulted the plumber with
regards to repairs to the broken
water pump. (regard) -- incorrect
20. He uses to attend school there,
some time, ago. (used) - incorrect
21. Whenever we were late for lunch,
our sister leaves it in the oven.
(left) -- the Past Tense is required.
1. The missing books led to a heated
arguement between the two sis-
2. It is a popular beleaf among senior
citizens that it would rain when
their knees pain. belief
3. The witness gave a very accurate
discription of the thief. descrip-
4. To loose one's good name is worse
than losing one's money. lose
5. Dr. Stephen told us that it was an
honour and a priveledge to have
been selected to speak at our grad-
uation ceremony. privilege
6. Dr. Stephen is an (eminent, immi-
nent) member of the medical pro-
7. Many Chinese national (emigrated,
immigrated) from Canton, China in
the latter half of the eighteenth
8. Many travellers (ensure, insure)
their luggage before flying.
9. After the West Indian cricketers
won the test series, their (moral,
morale) was lifted.
10. You can have either chicken or fish,
however, the (later, latter) is rec-
11. "Help! Fire!" the old
man shouted, "we can't
12. "Do you prefer shopping
at Hosein's, Hadeed's
or Rodney's?" asked
"I have no
13. "Do you know what
time it is?" Sean asked,
"I don't want to be
late for school. "
14. "Can't you see I'm
busy?" snapped Mary,
"look at the clock if
you want the time."
15. "Let me out!" cried
the genie, "I've been
in this bottle the
16. "Nature Tours Inc." is most likely
the organization that organized the
excursion and hike.
17. The fare -- (TT $300, US $50,
Canadian $60 or £ 30) suggests
that both foreigners and locals are
expected to respond to the adver-
18. You would most likely get informa-
tion about the excursion from San-
dra or Peter Diaz.
19. The word "annual" suggests that
the excursion and hike take place
on a yearly basis.
20 E-mail and telephone are the forms
of communication available to con-
tact the organizers.
21. "Lost Crusaders," is the title of the
22. Peter Painter most likely made the
drawings in the book.
23. "Out of this World Publishers," is
the company that published the
24. The book was most likely first
published in 2000.
25. The statement, "printed in the Re-
public of China on recycled paper,"
suggests that the printers are con-
cerned about the environment.
Please let us
as soon as they
9. Jim was un-
able to play in
until the rain
10. They did not
for he had
11. Our friends
will contact us
when you will
be visiting us.
Friday, December 25, 2015 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive December 24th 2015 December 26th 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page