Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 30th 2015 Contents See your Friday Guardian
for the Answers
Write about any one (1) of the following topics:
1. A person, whom you know, is planning to
move to your town/village. Write a letter to
this person describing what you think that
he/she would like or dislike about living in your
2. Write a story that ends with the following
line:- "As the bus drove out of the school yard,
I could not help but believe that an utterly fan-
tastic day would be in store for me ..."
3. Write a story that begins with the following
lines:- "There in his office, the doctor informed
me that I would have to remain at home for at
least one week because of my illness. I just
hoped that this would not be a difficult time
for me ..."
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Underline the Subject in each of the follow-
There, under the tablecloth were the three
1. Most of my friends live close to me.
2. There, standing in the corner of the kennel
was the most beautiful puppy.
3. To many of the children, Aunt Celine is a very
B. Circle the more suitable of the given
prepositions to complete each of the
The huge bottle was filled (of; with) sweets.
4. It was difficult for Timmy to part (from; with)
his favorite toy.
5. As captain, Delia had agreed (to; about) the
decision to postpone the match.
6. The rest of the team was encouraged (from;
by) his great performance on the field.
7. Everyone was puzzled (about; by) his strange
C. Change the following sentences to Direct
(S1) Daddy assured us that on the next day
he would help us repair our bicycles.
(S2) "Tomorrow, I will help you repair your
bicycles (tomorrow)," Daddy assured us.
8. Michelle remarked that she had enjoyed every
bit of the party that we had for her on the
9. My friend told me that he/ she would come
over to play as soon as he/ she had finished
his/ her homework
10. Uncle Ken informed the children that he
would take them to the Wild Fowl Trust the
D. Write in the longer form of the following un-
derlined words in the blank spaces.
There's (There is) the boy with whom we
were playing this morning
11. Won't you (______________) be able to visit
us, this weekend?
12. So far we've (______________) done every-
thing that you told us to do.
13. They are not sure if he'll (______________) be
14. She doesn't (______________) have to go
E. Change the following sentences to the
(S1) Many vegetables and fruits had been
bought from the vendor by the custome
(S2) The customer had bought many
vegetables and fruits from the vendor.
15. The bus was overtaken by the car just before
the bus reached the corner.
16. The concert had been seen by many people
from different parts of Trinidad and Tobago.
17. A popular game is being played by the
children on the field.
18. The award for the most promising pupil will
be presented by the Principal.
F. Read each of the sentences well. Underline
the error in each sentence then rewrite on
the correction in the brackets provided.
The villager had blamed it on his neighbour
for causing the fire. (blamed)
19. Daddy rathers to jog than to walk when he
exercises in the evening. (______________)
20. Whom do you think will be our next netball
21. To many pupils, Mathematics sometimes
seem to be a difficult subject.
22. At the end of the birthday party, one quarter
of the cake were left. (______________)
Continued on next pa
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Links Archive December 29th 2015 December 31st 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page