Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : January 1st 2016 Contents 39. No. of students absent =
16/100 x 350/1 = 56
No. of students present =
Answer: 294 students
40. Cost of 6 notebooks =
6 x $6.70 = $40.20
Cost of 12 pens =
Total bill =
$40.20 + $33 = $73.20
10/100 x $73.20/1 = $7.32
41. Area of 1st wall =
Area of 2nd wall =
Area of 3rd wall = 72 square m
Area of 4th wall = 84 square m
Total area =
Answer: 312 square metres
42. Volume of container = 50 cm x 30
Volume of water =
3/4 x 60000/1 =
45 000 cubic cm =
45 000 divided by 1 000 = 45 litres
Answer: 45 litres
44. a. Answer:
b. Average =
Answer: 29 dozens
45. Missing angle inside triangle =
180 degrees -- (90 degrees +
35 degrees) = 55 degrees
x = 180 degrees -- 55 degrees =
Answer: 125 degrees
Answer: 15, 15, 18, 23, 29
1. Most of my friends (Who live?)
2. The most beautiful puppy (What
3. Aunt Celine (Who is) a very special
4. part with (something)
5. agreed to (something)
6. encouraged by
7. puzzled by
8. Michelle remarked, "I have enjoyed
every ... party which you had for me
9. "I will come over to play as soon as I
have finished doing my homework"
my friend told me.
10. Uncle Ken informed the children, "I
will take you to the Wild Fowl Trust,
11. Will you not
12. We have
13. he will
14. She does not.
15. The car overtook the bus just as the
bus reached the corner.
16. Many people from Trinidad and
Tobago have seen the concert.
17. The children are playing a popular
game on the field.
18. The Principal will present the award
for the most promising student.
19. rathers (prefers)
20. Whom (Who)
21. Mathematics seem (seems) -- one
22. one quarter were (was) -- taken as
23. Joe's accurate description of the
thief helped the police to capture
24. We received an extension in the
deadline for handing up our group
25. Most Caribbean countries achieved
their freedom from British rule
during the 1960's.
26. Public servants usually contribute
to a retirement fund during their
periods of employment.
27. In most countries, citizens over
the age of sixty five obtain a
28. As one of the world's celebrated
batsman, Brian Lara gained the
respect of his fellow sportsmen.
29. We were all scared after hearing
the creapy story Martin told at the
30. Everybody complained about the
bad whether experienced during
the rainy season. weather
31.Sir Vidia Naipaul, the
England when he was
32.Ravi's dog is lost and
he doesn't know where
to start looking for it.
33. "Identify yourself!" the
34.The chirping birds, the
warm sunlight, the grey
sand and the cool sea
breeze are the things
that draw me to the
35. "I've a long way to
travel and it's late, "
the old man said.
36. Humminbirds were the animals
described in the passage as
37. The word "myriads" (Sentence 1)
suggests that there were large
numbers (countless) of birds.
38. The phrase, "smiled with extreme
merriment," suggests the characters
were experiencing great happiness.
39. A toucan's large beak is a possible
explanation for its "clumsy flight".
40. Barney and Martin were most likely
at the zoo. (A forest is another
41. (a). hasten
- hurry; rush; move
(b). wheedled - coaxed; charmed;
(c). hoard - hide; store; amass;
collect; put aside
42. The line, "And slumber far from his
round head", most likely means
that he was not thinking about
going to bed (sleep).
43. Jack most likely read story (fiction)
books (stories that were not real).
44. Jack most likely read his books in
bed at night.
45. Candles most likely provided light
for Jack to read at night.
46. Kathy was sleeping while Ako was
at Cub Scout meeting.
47. Kathy spent one hour more than
Ako doing homework over the
48. Going to church can most likely be
considered a family activity.
49. Driving her younger sister to the
park suggests that Kathy maybe
older than Ako.
50. Ako getting to grandmother's house
by walking suggests that she lived
Friday, January 1, 2016 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Links Archive December 31st 2015 January 2nd 2016 Navigation Previous Page Next Page