Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : January 11th 2016 Contents Monday, January 11, 2016 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
8. Can you alert us when you have processed our
payment? No Error
9. We shall send the email to Andrew, Javid, Collin
and to Michelle. No Error
10. There's several ways to prepare the stuffing for
your turkey. No Error
DIRECTION: Read each sentences carefully then select
the word that is NEAREST in meaning to the underlined
word in the sentence.
11. An international fashion model was recently
charged for tax evasion.
12. Given the number of reality television shows, one
can only deduce there is a market for it.
13. The company has been slow to provide informa-
tion regarding its performance causing employees
to speculate about its future.
14. As we approached the kitchen, the smell of
Granny's sweetbread and fruitcake seemed to per-
meate the air.
15. The security office was infuriated by the behav-
iour of some customer, who pushed their way
thorough in order secure the best sale items.
DIRECTION: Read each sentence carefully. Select from
the four options given the word or words which is best
suited to complete the sentence.
1. The ....................... of the United States and Japan have
benefitted from trade agreements established be-
2. Nothing is attained without .................................
3. The negotiations surrounding the acquisition are at
a .............................. stage and therefore cannot be made
4. A gaff is a metal hook used to ................................... fish.
5. We .......................... every room in the house, but the
costumes and props are nowhere to be found.
DIRECTION: Read the following sentences carefully. No
sentence contains more than one error. Some of the sen-
tences are incorrect because of grammar, vocabulary or
idiom. Identify the part of the sentence which is incorrect
and select the letter which corresponds with your answer.
If the sentence is appropriate as it stands mark your an-
6. The old museum was recently given a faced-lift.
7. She, not I, am responsible for the loss of your cell
phone. No Error
DIRECTION: Read the sentences carefully. Each sen-
tence has four options, review the options and select the
one that is CLOSEST in meaning to the original sentence.
16. A seven year old girl miraculously survived a
plane crash which claimed the lives of her mother
A. Miraculously, the seven year girl did not suc-
cumb to death as did her mother and father.
B. A seven year old girl cheated death and
miraculously survived a plane crash which
killed both of her parents.
C. A seven year old girl miraculously survived a
plane crash which caused the death of her
D. As even year old girl narrowly escaped death
resulting from aplane crash which claimed
the lives of her two parents.
17. Artificial colours will no longer be used in the
manufacturing of a particular brand of macaroni
and cheese, beginning next year.
A. Beginning next year, a particular brand of
macaroni and cheese will no longer contain
B. A particular brand of macaroni and cheese
has claimed that it will no longer use any ar-
tificial colours in its manufacturing.
C. A popular manufacturer of macaroni and
cheese has promised to use natural colours
in its products, beginning next year.
D. Beginning next year, a select brand of maca-
roni and cheese will contain all natural prod-
18. Due to the unruly behaviour of some children, the
organisation has instructed staff to desist from
bringing their children to work.
A. The organisation has instructed staff not to
bring their children to work, due to the un-
ruly behaviour of some children.
B. Some children have behaved unruly causing
the organisation to put a stop to them.
C. The unruly behaviour of some children has
made it unpleasant for the organisation and
D. The staff has been instructed by the organi-
sation not to bring their children to work, be-
cause of the unruly behaviour of the children.
19. If you look through the window, you will realize
the breath-taking view you have of the hills.
A. The breath-taking view of the hills is notice-
able from your window, have you observed
B. You will realize you have a breath-taking
view of the hills, if you look through the win-
C. There is a breath-taking view of the hills
which can be seen from the window.
D. If you look through your window, you have a
breath-taking view of the hills.
Continued on the next page
Links Archive January 10th 2015 January 12th 2016 Navigation Previous Page Next Page