Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 10th 2016 Contents See your Friday Guardian
for the Answers
Write about any one (1) of the following topics:-
1. Have you ever borrowed something that be-
longed to a friend and which was quite valu-
able? Did you ever wonder what you would do if
you misplaced that item after a while? Write a
story that begins with the following lines: "I had
lost (name the item) belonging to my best
friend and I just had to solve this problem as
soon as possible..."
2. It is always a good feeling when you do some-
thing that is good and you feel even better
when that thing is something that no one else
has done. Write a letter to a close relative,
naming and describing that good deed, and
describing how and why you felt so happy
about doing it.
3. Write a story that begins with the following
line: "I just think that apart from my parents/
guardians, one of my most favourite persons is
SECTION I -- GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Write the Part of speech, in the brackets, of
each of the following underlined words.
Their criticism about her acting had been quite
unfair (Noun - Abstract)
1. Can you speak aloud when you address the au-
2. Wherever you want to go we'll take you.
3. They will be serving carrot cake for dessert.
4. Kneeling before the small hole, Kathy was able
to rescue the lost kitten. (______________)
B. Change the following sentences into the Ac-
(S1) Many crabs were caught by the children.
during their recent trip to the beach.
(S2) During their recent trip to the beach, the
children caught many crabs.
5. Four races were won by the popular athlete at
the annual sports meeting.
6. A very long distance had been driven by the
family during their visit to the county side.
7. At the all inclusive party, the guests were served
a variety of delicious dishes by the waiters.
8. As soon as we step on to our porch, the beauti-
ful, picturesque hills can be seen by us.
C. In the following sentences, tick the more
suitable of the given adjectives to match each
Mary's close friends were most (delighted;
willing) to listen to her beautiful singing.
9. On spotting the intruder, Misty, our poodle
became quite (anxious; vicious).
10. Many customers were buying the vegetables
because they were very not (expensive; cheap).
11. Many (eager; willing) supporters had gathered
at the Queen's Park Savannah to witness the
final, exciting game.
12. The (insolent; reckless) driver had insulted the
D. Write in each blank space, the most suitable
form of the word on the left to complete each
good My mummy can cook better than
most of her relatives.
13. clear The famous waterfall can be seen
______________ from our porch than
from the driveway.
14. slow Sheldon usually eats _____________
than the rest of his family.
Kate jumped _________________ in the
competition to win the top prize.
16. well My aunt feels ________________ when
all her children are around her.
E. Put each of the following sets of words in
their correct order to complete each sentence.
(S1) always country side you relatives It's when
visit your fun the in.
(S2) It's always fun when you visit your relatives
in the countryside.
16. studies student with physical makes always
better exercise you Balancing
18. for Trinidad there carnival many In main the
competitions before event are
Continued on next page
46. Use the polygon to answer the questions.
a. What is the sum of the angles in the
b. What is the measure of angle y?
c. Name the polygon DEFG.
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Links Archive February 9th 2016 February 11th 2016 Navigation Previous Page Next Page