Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 12th 2016 Contents 42.a. 0.4x$480=$192
b. 1/5 x $605/1 = $121
43. Area of bottom rectangle = l x w =
Area of vertical rectangle =
Total area =
Cost to carpet 1 square m = $45
Cost to carpet 270 square m =
Answer: $12 150.00
Answer: 112 000 cubic cm
Answer: 70 000 cubic cm
b. Mean of 6 = total/amount
85 = total of 6/6
46. a. 360 degrees
b. 90 degrees
1. Can you speak aloud when you
address the audience? (Adverb)
2. Wherever you want to go we'll
take you. (Conjunction)
3. They will be serving carrot cake
for dessert. (Adjective)
4. Kneeling before the small hole,
Kathy was able to rescue the lost
5. The popular athlete won four
races at the annual sports meet-
6. During their visit to the country-
side, the family had driven a very
7. The waiters served the guests a
variety of delicious dishes at the
all inclusive party. (OR At the all
inclusive party, the waiters...)
porch, we can see the beautiful,
9. On spotting the intruder, Misty,
our poodle became quite (anx-
10. Many customers were buying the
vegetables because they were
very not (expensive; cheap)
11. Many (eager; willing) supporters
had gathered at the Queen's Park
Savanna to witness the final, ex-
12. The (reckless; insolent) driver
had insulted the policeman.
13. clear The famous waterfall can be
seen more clearly from our
porch than from the drive
14. slow Sheldon usually eats slower
than the rest of his family.
15. far Kate jumped furthest in the
competition to win the top
16. well My aunt feels best when all
her children are around.
17. Balancing physical exercise with
studies always makes you a bet-
18. In Trinidad, for carnival there are
many competitions before the
19. Always leave early if you wish to
arrive on time.
20. Don't you know that rice and peas
are my favourite dish? (is)
21. We heard him mentioned that he
may not be at school, tomorrow.
22. Daniel rathers to walk than to
travel to school. (prefers)
23. For dessert we had coconut ice
cream and fruit cake.
24. That blue tie really complements
Mark's white shirt.
25. "Hearing a joke now will lessen
my anxiety" said Saran.
26. Our class teacher showed her ap-
preciation by buying lollies for the
27. The store manager asked his as-
sistant to help us choose the best
material for our football uniform.
28. 'The dog ate my homework' is a
popular excuse students give
when they have not done their
29. "I don't like people going through
my personnel belongings," said
30. Principals of schools were formal-
ly called Head Teachers. formerly
31. "Are you going to the
calypso show tonight?"
32. "After school, I usually
go to the community
centre for English
lessons, " said Jean.
33. "I have completed my
class project," said
Ravi, "Have you started
yours yet, Casey?"
34. "I'll go to the movies
with you when I have
completed my chores, "
35. "Stop shouting!" mother
exclaimed, "You'll wake
36. The period of Lent most likely falls
during the season of Spring.
37. The poet was waiting for the
church doors to open.
38. The wind (breeze) was described
in the poem as having "refreshing
39. The poet most likely described the
period before Lent as "merry sea-
son" and "happy bash" because
believers usually give up things
they enjoy doing during the period
40. The poet was most likely asking
his Lord to forgive him of his sins
and to give him a clean soul or
heart. (Asking for spiritual cleans-
41. The word "Lent" means "fast" in
42. Sundays are not counted as a day
in the period of Lent because it is
considered as the Lord's Day
which should never be a day of
fasting, but a day of celebrations.
43. The number forty has symbolic
importance in religion. (According
to the passage, Moses and Elias
spent forty days in the wilder-
ness; the Jews wandered forty
years searching for the Promised
Land; Jonah gave the city of Nin-
eveh forty days' grace in which to
repent. And Jesus retreated into
the wilderness and fasted for
forty days to prepare for his min-
44. Lent has been practiced by Chris-
tians for most of the last two
45. Jesus Christ was crucified (died
for believers' sins) on the cross at
46. Christian Little is the producer of
the musical play.
47. Paul Slater and Sandra Lee are the
two main players in the play.
48. The play would be first held on
Sunday March 03, 2013.
49. A "musical play" most likely has
music and singing as one of the
50. The Christian Children Home will
benefit from the money collected
from holding the play.
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Friday, February 12, 2016
Links Archive February 11th 2016 February 13th 2016 Navigation Previous Page