Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : October 25th 2016 Contents B6
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Tuesday, October 25, 2016
The National Agricultural Marketing and Development Corporation (NAMDEVCO)
The National Agricultural Marketing & Development Corporation (NAMDEVCO) is seeking to recruit dynamic professionals to join our
MANAGER, MARKET FACILITATION
The Manager will be responsible for planning, executing and coordinating efforts
to provide markets for Trinidad and Tobago's agri-food products and to provide
continuous market intelligence to the agri-food sector in Trinidad and Tobago with
respect to local, regional and international markets for local, exported and import-
ed food products. The Manager will actively encourage investment in the agri-food
sector. He or she will also be ultimately responsible for the integrity of all market
information collected and disseminated by the Corporation and the management
of all market initiatives of the Corporation (including virtual markets).
• Develop and manage the Departments' Operational Plan and Budget for
• Identify and review opportunities for new target markets and improvements
to existing markets for strategic commodities, locally, regionally and inter
nationally; and actively promote investment in the sector
• Coordinate the development and implementation of appropriate strategies
for the collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of relevant
market information to all stakeholder with respect to local, regional and
international markets for local, imported and exported food products
• Identify and formulate proposals for key areas of research required to
enhance the development of the local agri-food sector
• Establish a "fore sighting" team comprised of members from both within
the Corporation and externally as a source of ideas for research, planning
• Coordinate the development and maintenance of appropriate databases
• Actively facilitate the creation of strategic linkages between the Corporation
and other stakeholders by:
o Facilitating the dissemination of appropriately packaged and
o Identifying and developing a directory of potential customers, clients
or market sources that impact on the achievement of the Corporation's
o Liaise with other stakeholders in the implementation of the
Corporation's Business Plan
• Post Graduate degree with emphasis on Agricultural Economics, Marketing
or International Trade
• Good understanding of the agri-food sector and related issues, locally,
regionally and Internationally
• Considerable experience and skills in conducting market research and
• Excellent knowledge and skills in team building
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relations and skills
MANAGER, QUALITY ASSURANCE
To build the capacity of farmers using a variety of extension methodologies to the
extent that there is a general improvement in crop yields and the quality of produce
that is generated for sale in both local and foreign markets.
• Facilitate the sale of local produce in local and international markets by
developing procedural guidelines and protocols for trade in fresh agricul
• Build the capacity of farmers by ensuring they learn and can apply the
protocols necessary for Good Agriculture Practices, and adopt best agro
nomic practices to certify them as adhering to production standards neces
sary for sale of produce in local and international markets.
• The ability and experience to conduct training to farmers.
• The ability to conduct Industry Relevant training in Agriculture to other
ment and implementation of programmes to certify farmers.
standards for agricultural production and post-harvest operations by en
suring farmers are trained in the protocols and standards to be adopted
and implementing procedures for monitoring the application of these
protocols and standards by farmers in both the production process and in
their post-harvest operations.
• Encourage the use of technology by farmers to increase yields by directing
research on and/or developing new technologies and recommending to
farmers, the use of technologies that would be relevant in their environment.
• Build the capacity of the agriculture sector by providing general sensitiza
tion, education and other services deemed necessary.
• Analyse statistical data, studies and reports to identify and determine avail
ability of produce for sale, causes of problems that may exist and develop
recommendations for improvement of agricultural systems, procedures, or
• Keep abreast of international trends regarding food safety and quality by
participating in forums where these issues are being addressed.
• Ensure sanitary and phytosanitary requirements are disseminated by coor
dinating activities of the Committee.
tional Plans as well as its budget by making contributions to the discus
sions and recommendations based on your QA expertise.
• Ensure departmental targets are being met by monitoring the status of
• Contribute to the development of staff in your department by consistently
evaluating their performance, providing feedback and coaching and coun
selling them as necessary.
• Post Graduate Training in Agriculture/Post-Harvest.
• Training in Quality Management
• Training in Data collection/Data Analysis.
• Evidence/Experience in writing and Publication in Agricultural and food re
The Communications Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the development
and maintenance of a positive corporate image of the organization and dissemi-
nating relevant information to the Corporation's stakeholders.
the Corporation by assisting in the development and implementation of a
variety of communication programmes as outlined in the department's
Communications Plan, assisting with the coordination and facilitation of the
Corporation's events, meetings, and activities; assisting in the design and
preparation of internal publications and the update of the websites.
• Build relationships with and keep track of the Corporation's stakeholders
by maintaining an updated stakeholder listing and keeping stakeholders
abreast of the activities of the Corporation.
• Facilitate the smooth execution of Corporate events by assisting with the
the Corporation and liaising with external service providers as necessary
and providing them with prompt feedback on their performance.
• Arrange photographic shoots for both internal and external mediums as a
way of sharing information with internal and external stakeholders and to
use in various publications of the Corporation.
• Three to Four (3-4) years progressive experience in a similar position
• Ability to work without supervisor
• Knowledge of events planning and protocol
maintaining effective Industrial Relations Policies and Practices as well as rep-
resenting the Corporation in all industrial negotiations. Develops, implement and
resolve disputes in accordance with established laws and good industrial related
• Assists the Manager, Human Resources in organising and directing the
functions of the industrial relations aspect of Human Resources Management.
• Interprets, advises on and ensures adherence to Government's personnel
management and industrial relations policies, circulars and regulations.
• Represents the Corporation at collective bargaining negotiation between
the Union, the Personnel Department and/ or other relevant authority on
matters relating to the terms and conditions of service of its employees.
• Interprets and administers the Corporation's Industrial Relations Agree
ments and conducts meeting with employees and representatives of
unions to resolve disputes and grievances relating to terms and conditions
• Directs and/or arranges for disciplinary proceedings in accordance with the
appropriate regulations and procedures.
• Ensures that appropriate regulations and procedures are adhered to.
• Ensures that appropriate records of grievance/disciplinary meetings and
meetings of the consultative committee and discussions held in connection
therewith are maintained.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• A recognized University Degree in Industrial Relations or Degree in
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training will be considered
be submitted by
Wednesday 27th October, 2016 and be addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
The National Agricultural Marketing and Development Corporation (NAMDEVCO)
Southern Wholesale Market, 3 ¼ mm, S.S. Erin Road, Debe
One set of keywords
is critical to the success
of your job search, but,
like most of us, you
probably aren t paying
much attention to them.
Time to change that!
should uniquely identify
you in every search of
every search engine, or,
at a minimum, have you
appear on the first page
of search results when
this set of keywords is
used in a search.
This is the professional
version of the screen
names people have used
for many years in online
forums and chat rooms.
Unless being a movie
or TV star is your career
goal, we re talking com-
puter screens (tablet and
smart phone screens, too),
not movie or TV screens.
SCREEN NAME' IS
Because, when you
apply for a job or are under
consideration for an
opportunity, recruiters and
employers will conduct an
Internet search on the
name used in the appli-
cation or resume more
than 80% of the time!
If that recruiter or hir-
ing manager (or network-
ing contact) can t find
you online when they are
looking for you, you have
a serious problem - one
that could cost you a job
When they conduct
that search, they need to
find your professional
presence quickly and eas-
ily, preferably on the first
page of search results on
a search for your name
(because few people go
to page two).
• It shows employers
and recruiters "social
proof" of the qualifications
your resume or application
claims you have.
• It connects employ-
ers and recruiters to cred-
that validates what your
resumes and profiles
Links Archive October 24th 2016 October 26th 2016 Navigation Previous Page Next Page