Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 15th 2016 Contents life B11
Thursday, December 15, 2016 guardian.co.tt
ABEL Building Solutions
Pres for Christmas
Abel Building Solu-
tion (ABS), a division of
the ANSA McAL Group
companies was pleased
to contribute towards the
initiative of the Curepe
Presbyterian Church to
restore the northern side
of the church compound.
The church has been ex-
periencing an ongoing prob-
lem during the rainy season,
resulting in slush and a wa-
terlogged area, making it
difficult to use the church
ABS donated approxi-
mately 2,000 brick pavers
to enable proper parking
for the church goers. This
newly paved area will also
assist the pupils of Curepe
Presbyterian School to hold
for next Cool
Musician Sheldon Blackman, back in T&T
from his adopted home in Oslo, Norway, will
be the featured performer at the next Cool Nights
concert on December 16, Remember.
The concert series produced by singer-songwrit-
er Gillian Moor features a different guest each time,
alongside a full set of her original songs.
Blackman is the son of soca innovator Ras Shorty-I,
and former leader of the Love Circle jamoo band. He
has carried his family's rich musical legacy to Oslo,
where he hosts his own concert series, Open Xpres-
sion, and performs with his band, The Soul Rebels.
He will perform songs from across his long musical
career, including from his three solo albums: Remem-
ber me, One Big Fat Love Bomb, and Overflowing.
His music has been described as "Caribbean heart
beat music," with "expressions of calypso, soca, reg-
gae, rapso and jamoo fused with elements of jazz,
blues and urban music"
Blackman says: "The music I share is like food for
the soul. Call it what you like, as long as you enjoy
and feel good vibes all the way!"
"This will be a special night," says Moor. "Sheldon
is well known for his outstanding talent, touching and
soulful songs, and his infectious positive vibes. It's
a rare treat to get to see him live, so it's a real honour
to feature him on the Cool Nights stage."
DJ ShyGuy will also play at the show next Friday,
with an eclectic mix of soul, calypso, house, and rare
Sheldon Blackman, son of Ras Shorty I, now lives and
performs in Norway.
Cool Nights: Remember will take place on December
16, at Kaiso Blues Café, 85 Woodford Street, Port of
Spain, from 8 -- 11 pm.
Showtime is 9 pm. Admission costs $100. Further
information is available at 760-4655.
stands in front the
crèche with the
youths of the
Church. The crèche
was the highlight
of the Open air
Crèche service on
November 27. Also
in photo are, from
right, Youth Group
and Rev Damien
"Paving the way---throughout the world"
Qualifed persons are encouraged to apply for the position of
Market Research Officer
Responsible for interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations for Lake Asphalt's products based upon the
1. Performs market research with the purpose of gaining pertinent information on competitors and products.
2. Determine our stakeholders and ascertain which products and at what prices are needed in each region.
3. Advise on new product development to suit the markets both internationally and regionally.
4. Gather statistical data on asphalt products that could assist in decision making.
5. Examine prices, methods of marketing, and sales both internationally and regionally.
6. Analyse data on past sales to predict future sales.
7. Obtain data to design surveys and assess consumer preferences.
8. Communicating with clients to understand and document the business objectives.
9. Designing or assisting in the development of questionnaires and moderator guides to ensure the necessary data is captured.
10. Conducting in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods.
11. Authoring reports containing actionable recommendations where needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Statistics or related feld.
• A Master’s Degree in the relevant feld would be an asset.
• No less than fve (5) years within the Market Research industry.
• Proven market research experience.
• Advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS/SAS or similar software packages.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Report-Writing and presentation skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise initiative and maintain confdentiality.
• Ability to anticipate and be proactive.
• Demonstrates a high level of integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to design surveys and analyze trends.
Applications along with resumes should be addressed to:
Lake Asphalt of Trinidad and Tobago (1978) Limited
Human Resources Unit
Brighton La Brea
Or sent directly to
Deadline for submission:
23rd December, 2016
We thank everyone for their interest however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
Links Archive December 14th 2016 December 16th 2016 Navigation Previous Page Next Page