Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : March 31st 2017 Contents Notice of Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE TWENTIETH ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SHAREHOLDERS OF FIRST CITIZENS BANK LIMITED ("the Company"),
in accordance with paragraph 13.1 of By-Law No. 1 of the Company, will be held on Monday 24 April, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in the Grand Ballroom,
Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, 1B Lady Young Road, Port of Spain for the following purposes:
1. To receive and consider the Audited Financial Statements of the Company for the financial year ended September 30, 2016 together with the report
of the Directors and Auditors thereon; and
2. To reappoint PricewaterhouseCoopers as the Company's Auditors and to authorise Directors to fix their remuneration.
1. To consider and if thought fit, to pass the following special resolution to effect changes in the Articles of Continuance of the Company:
with the words "Not Applicable" and also deleting the said Schedule 2 annexed to the Articles of Continuance under this Item;
and replacing them with the words "Not Applicable";
annexed hereto is incorporated in this form" and (ii) Schedule 2 in the form set out below to be annexed to the Articles under the said Item.
"Subject to the provisions of any written law or any provisions in a contract by which the company is bound the shares of the company shall be under the
control of the directors who may issue allot, place under option or otherwise dispose of any such shares at such times and on such terms and conditions and
2. To consider and if thought fit, to pass the following ordinary resolution to effect changes in By-Law No. 1 of the Company:
Company Secretary or any Assistant Secretary of the Company in the Company Secretary's absence."
provide for the safe custody of the common seal which shall only be used in accordance with this paragraph and paragraph 34".
A printed, written or type-written notice stating the day, hour and place of the meeting shall be given by serving such notice on each shareholder entitled to
vote at such meeting, on each Director and on the Auditor of the Company in the manner specified in paragraph 24.2 hereof, not less than ten (10) days, or
in the case of an annual meeting or a meeting to pass a special resolution, not less than twenty-one (21) days (in each case exclusive of the day on which the
a meeting at which special business is to be transacted shall state:
(a) the nature of that business in sufficient detail to permit the shareholder to form a reasoned judgment thereon, and
(b) the text of any special resolution to be submitted to the meeting.
"34. EXECUTION OF INSTRUMENTS
34.2 The Common Seal of the Company may be affixed to contracts, documents and instruments in writing when authorised by the Directors or a committee
of Directors in that behalf and every instrument to which the Common Seal shall be affixed shall be signed by a Director and counter signed by the Secretary
or a second Director provided however that the Directors shall have power from time to time by resolution to appoint any Officer mentioned in sub-paragraph
34.1 on behalf of the Company to sign any document or instrument to which the Common Seal shall be affixed."
(ii) To include a new sub-paragraph (c) in paragraph 34.3 of By-Law No. 1 as follows "34.3 Subject to Section 138 of the Act:
(c) Any Officer appointed in accordance with paragraph 34.2, together with the Secretary or the Assistant Secretary"
3. To consider and if thought fit, to pass the following ordinary resolution: "That any director or officer of the Company is hereby authorised to file and
register and/or execute (whether under the Common Seal of the Company or otherwise) and deliver all such documents and do all such other acts and
things as such director or officer may determine to be necessary or advisable in connection with implementing the above Resolutions"
Dated this 31st day of March, 2017
By Order of the Board
Lindi J. Ballah-Tull
1) A shareholder entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint one or more proxies to attend and vote instead of him/her. A proxy need not be a shareholder. Attached is a proxy
form for your convenience which must be completed and signed in accordance with the notes on the Proxy Form and then deposited at The Registrar, The Trinidad and Tobago Central Depository
Limited, 10th Floor, Nicholas Towers, 63-65 Independence Square, Port of Spain by Wednesday 19 April, 2017.
(2) A shareholder which is a body corporate may in lieu of appointing a proxy authorise an individual by resolution of its Directors or of its governing body to represent it at the Meeting.
Links Archive March 30th 2017 April 1st 2017 Navigation Previous Page Next Page