Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : May 11th 2017 Contents A50 sports
guardian.co.tt Thursday, May 11, 2017
Maintenance Technician Mechanical
The Maintenance Technician Mechanical has to competently perform all of the required maintenance tasks on Drilling and
Measurements downhole tools and wellsite surface systems. These tasks include system testing, assembly and
must be completed in conformance with business unit Maintenance Standards.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at shop with highest standards, resulting in proper
functionality and minimum failures.
• Performs troubleshooting on defective equipment in order to isolate the root cause and effectively repair.
• Participates in Root Cause Analysis of failures.
• Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately.
• Actively uses online Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
• Makes recommendations to supervisors on requirements for spare parts, test equipment and tools necessary for
• Assists in the development and coaching of less senior Maintenance Technicians.
• Accountable for monitoring and ensuring compliance with Company maintenance standards.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
using the system to interpret our client date as to the operation and performance of the tool, analysis and
investigation of any issue that occurred with the tool and determination of the root cause of the issue with effort to
solve the issue.
competent in keeping with the company competency standards.
• Push Mechanical Technician, able to unset high-tech tools, able to follow all maintenance procedures.
• Good listener and is able to communicate effectively with team members, supervisors, engineers and managers
both written and verbally with a professional manner.
• Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with multiple levels of company and Segment personnel.
• Highly motivated team player with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Human Resources Department P.O. Box 25 San Fernando.
50-54 Duke Street
Port of Spain
Please note that the deadline for applications is
The lengthy delay in announcement of annual
retainers for the India women's team is set to
end. The BCCI confirmed on Tuesday that the
new central contracts have been finalised, with
the players expected to formalise the agreement
upon return from the ongoing quadrangular se-
ries in South Africa that concludes on May 22.
There is no clarity on whether the contracts will
be backdated to October 2016, when they were to
originally come into effect for the following season.
"Contracts were discussed, but we weren't given a
time frame," a player told ESPNcricinfo in March,
when retainers for the men's team were announced.
Currently, the women cricketers are being paid on
a series-to-series basis since the contracts expired,
apart from earning daily allowances, which have been
made at par with the men's team and fixed at US$125
per day on international tours and the equivalent of
$100 during a home series.
Women cricketers were awarded contracts for the
first time in November 2015, with Mithali Raj, Jhulan
Goswami, Harmanpreet Kaur and Thirush Kamini
bracketed in Grade A that carries a retainer of INR
15 lakh. Seven other players were handed Grade B
contracts worth INR 10 lakh each.
Meanwhile, the 15-member squad for the World
Cup that begins on June 24, with India taking on
hosts England, is likely to be announced on May 15.
In what would be a first, business-class travel for the
women's team is also likely to be cleared before the
team departs. (ESPNcricinfo)
Spurs overcome Leonard injury
to beat Rockets in overtime
SAN ANTONIO---Danny Green scored
seven of his 16 points in overtime, and
the San Antonio Spurs overcame an
injury to Kawhi Leonard to beat James
Harden and the Houston Rockets 110-
107 on Tuesday to take a 3-2 lead in their
Leonard had 22 points and 15 rebounds
in 38 minutes before leaving the game with
an injured right ankle. Leonard stepped on
Harden's foot with 5:37 left in the third quar-
ter and then played limited minutes before
sitting out overtime.
Harden had 33 points, 10 rebounds and 10
assists. He had a chance at potential tying
3-pointer in the final seconds of OT, but
was blocked from behind by Manu Ginobili.
Game 6 is tonight in Houston.
Each team stalled at the start of the extra
period. Patrick Beverley made a 3-pointer
with 2 minutes remaining for the first points
of the period, giving Houston a 104-101 lead.
Green made a go-ahead 3-pointer and
converted a three-point play to make it
109-107 Spurs with 30.1 seconds left. He
also made a foul shot down the stretch to
help San Antonio hold on.
Two questionable plays closed regulation
with the game tied at 101.
San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili (20) of Argentina
celebrates a turnover by Houston Rockets' Eric
Gordon (10) during the second half in Game 5 of an
NBA basketball second-round playoff series on
Tuesday in San Antonio. AP PHOTO
Links Archive May 10th 2017 May 12th 2017 Navigation Previous Page Next Page