Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : June 13th 2017 Contents B5
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 guardian.co.tt
Don't Quit Your Job! Yet...
Quitting is perma-
nently and voluntar-
ily leaving a job. Un-
less you have another
job lined up (written
job offer in hand that
you have officially ac-
cepted), quitting is not
usually good career or
financial move. Do not
quit a job based on a
verbal offer. Get the
new job offer in writ-
Exceptions exist, of
course. If continuing to
do your current job in-
volves you in potentially
illegal activity or if you
feel your life, health, or
safety are at risk, then
quitting may be your
only - and your best -
However, typically it
is not a good idea to quit
one job before you have
landed the next one.
WHY NOT QUIT?
Two primary reasons:
Recruiters and em-
ployers prefer "pas-
sive" (employed) job
seekers. NOT logical,
but definitely reality!
Many recruiters and
employers currently be-
lieve that the world of job
candidates is divided into
two parts: first, people
looking for new jobs (also
known as active job seek-
ers) and, second, happily
employed people who are
not looking for new jobs
(passive job seekers).
Obviously (to employ-
ers, at least), the most de-
sirable potential employ-
ees are those passive job
seekers who aren't look-
ing for jobs.
The passive job seek-
ers are happily employed
because they are well-
paid, successful people.
It seems very similar to
the "playing hard to get"
dating strategy. It's not
logical and very often
not true, but it is human
Continued on Page B6
The passive job seekers are
happily employed because they are well-paid,
- Medical O cer I
- House O cer (Community)
- Research O cer
Eastern Regional Health Authority
Join the team.......make a difference
The Eastern Regional Health Authority is seeking to recruit suitably
quali ed and experienced professionals in the following vacancies:
Please visit our website at www.erha.co.tt for details
on job requirements.
UNSUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
General Manager, Human Resources
Eastern Regional Health Authority
De Freitas Building, Eastern Main
Road Sangre Grande, PO Box 4479
Or Email: email@example.com
For enquiries contact: 691-5446/5066
with full resume, copies of relevant certificates and two (2) testimonials
by June 14, 2017
All applications should be submitted to the :
#27 TODD STREET
PALKI RESTAURANT REQUIRES SIX (6) AUTHENTIC INDIAN CHEFS:
1- AUTHENTIC HALWAI CHEF WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN
MAKING AUTHENTIC INDIAN AND BEGALI SWEETS
2- AUTHENTIC INDIAN CURRY CHEF WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE
IN THE ART OF INDIAN MUNGALI CURRY DISHES
2 -- TANDOORI CHEF WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE ART OF
1- MUGHLAI AWADHI CHEF WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MUGHLAI
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE 10TH JUNE 2017.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: PALKI RESTAURANT
# 27 TODD STREET
AND COPY TO: CHIEF MANPOWER OFFICER,
MINISTRY OF LABOUR
LEVEL 3, NO 50-54 DUKE STREET,
TATECO (POS) CREDIT UNION CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LIMITED
85, FIFTH STREET, BARATARIA
NATIONALS OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO ARE INVITED TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
• To install, maintain and monitor production and test systems as designated to agreed levels of service
in a centralized network environment.
• To ensure the security and safety of all ICT networks and systems.
• To train end users in the proper use and protection of all IT equipment and relevant software
• Troubleshoots and laises with the relevant vendors to resolve database, systems software and related
• To generate reports from EMORTELLE application software or any other Management
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Sound knowledge of ICT operating systems and networking
• Thorough understanding of the Credit Union Information and Communications Technology
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
• Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
• Effective communication, analytical, diagnostic and interpersonal skills
• Availability to work on weekends as necessary.
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience in Information Technology.
systems such as Windows NT/Windows 2008/2012.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Administration.
• Experienced in Linux Operating Systems.
• Experienced in training end users.
• Experienced in the use of reporting tools such as Crystal report.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE ADDRESSED TO
TATECO (POS) Credit Union, 85 Fifth Street, Barataria
DEADLINE DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: June 23rd, 2017.
Links Archive June 12th 2017 June 14th 2017 Navigation Previous Page Next Page