Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 7th 2017 Contents SEA answers A51
Friday, July 7, 2017 guardian.co.tt
Answer: 44 cm (3 marks)
Answer: 440 cm2 (2 marks)
b. Answer: Isosceles (1 mark)
d. Size of the new angle formed at A = 180O --
Answer: 100O (2 marks)
(A) EXTENDING SENTENCES IN RESPONSE
TO KEY QUESTIONS.
Practice Exercise # 1
1. The villagers were concerned for their homes
for the high waters had overflowed the
2. Stephanie enjoys eating a variety of healthy
foods each day.
3. Arielle became very excited when she was
chosen to lead the netball team.
4. The class shouted excitedly and with great
anticipation as their captain tapped the ball
into the basket.
5. The footballer scored the winning goal with a
tremendous shot into the corner of the net.
6. Everyone rushed outside into the huge play-
ing area of the savanna.
7. The lifeguards sprinted towards the waves
to rescue a swimmer who was in obvious
8. All the graduates had assembled for their
school leaving function.
( B) EXTENDING SENTENCES THROUGH THE
USE OF ADVERBS
Practice Exercise # 2
(1 ) Natalie dived gracefully into the water and
skillfully plucked the fish from under the shell.
(2) Kelvin trapped the ball effortlessly, then sent
it accurately into the open goal.
(3) Kemraj dramatically related his story in
front of the assembly ,then politely bowed
as everyone applauded him.
(4 ) The baby cooed joyfully as his mother loving-
ly looked down at him.
(5) The vicious dog aggressively pounced at the
bandit who timidly retreated into the near-
(C ) EXTENDING SIMPLE SENTENCES INTO
(i) Identifying the parts of a Complex Sentence
(Reinforcement) Practice Exercise # 3
1. (The doctor still attended to Ellen) although
she was very late for her appointment.
2 Until you arrive, (we'll be unable to make a
3. (You need to inform us exactly ) about when
you'll be arriving.
4. Although David apologized to his friends,
(they still did not trust him.)
5. (Jessie was in a joyous mood) because she
was celebrating her sixteenth birthday,
6. Since our last visit to Maracas beach, (we
have never returned there.)
7. (Mrs. Brown admires her son ) who can play
the steelpan very well.
8. (My sisters usually awake ) as soon as the
alarm clock rings.
9. (We'll assist you) after we have finished our
10. If you arrive early enough, (Shivonne will
accompany you to the movies.)
(Reinforcement ) Practice Exercise # 4
( ii ) Matching Main Clauses to Subordinate Clauses
Practice Exercise # 5
1. We will explain it further for you if it still poses
2. The children loved the drive to the country
where they saw many interesting things.
3. Although he had been running outside for
more than an hour, Patrick was as energetic
4. Please keep the vehicle until/unless you have
completed all the repairs.
5. The traffic on the highway was horrendous
so most people arrived late for work .
Since/ Because the traffic on the highway
was horrendous, most people arrived late for
6. Dr. Jenson needed to examine the patient
before he could make a proper diagnosis.
7. Hannah had performed exceptionally so she
received the highest award.
Since Hannah had performed exceptionally,
she received the highest award.
8. Please tell me whether/if this chow is salty
9. You will set off for the finish line when /after
you have heard the starting whistle..
10. It rained for the entire morning but the af-
ternoon period was quite cool.
Although it rained for the entire morning ,
the afternoon period was quite cool.
23. He did not give a reason for his refusal of the
role in the play.
24. The secretary deleted the job applicants'
names in the database.
25. Christopher Reeve won several awards for his
performance in the movie Superman.
26. The secretary did not process my application
for the job.
27. The teller refused to cash my (check /
cheque) because my name was spelt incor-
28. The vet informed me that my dog had
descended from a rare (breed, breathe) of
29. JUDGE judgment (decision passed down by
a judge or the court)
30. COLOUR colourless (having no colour like
31. "Run for your life!" Raj shouted.
32. "Do you know it is already six
o'clock?" asked mother.
33. "No I didn't because no one t
old me, " said Ako.
34. We can purchase exercise books ,
pencils,erasers and rulers at
the school's cafeteria.
35.Judy,my eldest sister ,lives in
36. Jet and rocket engines are similar because
they both create forward motion in the same
way, that is, they both burn fuel to create a
fast moving stream of gas.
37. The major difference between the two is
that while jets take in air and burn it as part
of their fuel rockets burn only the fuel, which
they carry with them.
38. According to information given in the pas-
sage, rocket fuels exist in liquid and solid
39. Rocket engines can operate in outer space
and jet engines cannot because jets unlike
rockets need the air (gas) present in the at-
40. "Jet and rocket engines," is a suitable title
for the passage.
41. A comb and a drum were the two instru-
ments used to make the music.
42. Mary Jane is most likely leading the march-
43. A napkin and a stick were the things used to
make the flag used by the marching party.
44. "Feet in time, alert and hearty," (Line 7)
suggests that the children were marching in
time to the music.
45. The poem reflects a happy mood (the word
"hearty" Line 7, suggests this).
46 (a). The first news programme was aired
(b). The programme was aired on Channel
47 (a). Channel TTBN was the first to start
broadcasting for the day.
(b). Channel TTBN started broadcasting at
48. Channel IBWT channel appears to air pro-
grammes mainly for people interested in
49. Channel PBSN most likely caters to a chil-
dren's viewing audience.
50. I would most likely get information on the
prices of items on sale on the programme
"Shop TV" aired on Channel TTBN.
Links Archive July 6th 2017 July 8th 2017 Navigation Previous Page Next Page